|
||||
Jun 25 2007, 03:13 AM
Post
#1
|
|
|
newbie Group: Members Posts: 6 Joined: 27-June 05 From: North Hollywood, Ca Member No.: 789 |
Driving on Big Willow was the best way to spend my birthday! On my third time ever on that track, I managed a 1:53:36 topping out at 125 MPH on the front stretch. So far my tune is still spot on (within 2% total), as the baro was around 26.50 (temp was around 95 degrees). It was a blast to drive and much more fun (for me) then The Streets of Willow. The SS did overheat as I was pushing the WOT areas, guess I will need a bigger radiator and relocate my trans cooler. The day didn't go without it's snags. My buddy with an EVO lost a V-Clamp for his wastegate, so he was running pretty much N/A and quit early. And for us, we have developed a (noise) "problem" with our streering. I will address these issues and others and by cooler days, I will hit the open track events again. I may even invest into some track only brake setup and race tires.
Below are links to some pictures (first four are proffesional, the last two my wife took) and a video compilation I made with my in-car camera setup and my wife video taping from the paddock. Enjoy! Video (IMG:http://www.jgtuning.com/WSIR/wsir-01.jpg) (IMG:http://www.jgtuning.com/WSIR/wsir-02.jpg) (IMG:http://www.jgtuning.com/WSIR/wsir-03.jpg) (IMG:http://www.jgtuning.com/WSIR/wsir-04.jpg) (IMG:http://www.jgtuning.com/WSIR/wsir-05.jpg) (IMG:http://www.jgtuning.com/WSIR/wsir-06.jpg) This post has been edited by 12secSS: Jun 25 2007, 01:57 PM |
|
|
|
![]() |
Jul 1 2007, 04:13 PM
Post
#2
|
|
|
Member ![]() Group: Banned Posts: 148 Joined: 27-January 04 From: So. Calif Member No.: 157 |
Hey George, How the hell have you been?
Happy blated b-day. Willows is a fun track, I have not been on it in several years now. I just remeber that Monroe hill turn 6 as being scary as hell. The Vette would lift the front tires coming over that and. I ran a 1:27 on it on BFG R1 RR compounds. My straightaway speed was over 150 - heck I did 134 in the 1/4 on street tires at LACR back in 1989 at a 10.89- scary fast for a car that still sees street use today. Email me if you and the lady come down to Irwindale for sat night races. I am crewchiefing on a supertruck currently. Dean- Sakeed123@aol.com |
|
|
|
12secSS Willow Springs: Big Track Jun 25 2007, 03:13 AM
JKnight Isn't Willow Springs fun!?! I really e... Jun 25 2007, 03:52 AM
firehawkclone Sounds like you had a great time, now your "w... Jun 25 2007, 04:12 AM
12secSS Sorry about the link fellas, I guess I must have c... Jun 25 2007, 02:03 PM
firehawkclone The SLP rad is just a lt1 unit. Check your caster ... Jun 25 2007, 02:20 PM
12secSS QUOTE (V6RSR @ Jul 1 2007, 11:13 AM) Hey ... Jul 2 2007, 07:56 PM
V6RSR QUOTE (12secSS @ Jul 2 2007, 12:56 PM) QU... Jul 3 2007, 04:10 AM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 9th October 2026 - 11:32 PM |