|
||||
Sep 27 2004, 02:06 AM
Post
#1
|
|
|
Dave B ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 292 Joined: 30-January 04 From: Whitby Ontario Member No.: 169 |
I have one of the last LT1 cars and need to upgrade to an LS1. The '01s and '02 are coming off lease and seem tempting.
I figure there must be somethings to look out for compared to the LT1. What are the common engine failure/warranty fixes? I know the power steering pump is a big problem for race track use. On my LT1 this was solved with pulleys but it has a remote reservoir. Are pulleys available for LS1 cars? Do they work or do I need a power steering cooler? Any easy fix for the rear wheel brake hop? This car will be used for street and track use including competition but the engine will be stock except for a lid and possibly headers ( if they are worth it) Also if I get an intake lid is there any difference in power between SS/WS6 cars and regular coupes? I will be altering the suspension significantly so it doesn't matter about the stock spring rates etc. Another small point. I bought my LT1 new and defintely did not want T tops as they seem to leak. If you have them do your T tops leak? It may take me a while to find a relatively loaded car without them. |
|
|
|
![]() |
Sep 29 2004, 10:59 AM
Post
#2
|
|
|
Veteran Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 2,640 Joined: 25-December 03 From: Louisville, KY Member No.: 40 |
QUOTE (trackbird @ Sep 28 2004, 10:16 PM) I'd do the LT4 swap and look at the new Hot rod (I think, or GMHTP) where they show the Direct Ignition System to replace the opti. Still probably cheaper than a new car. That's actually my next mod. www.delteq.com I'm ordering friday. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif) My longtubes are on order and should net me 300+ at the wheels with some dyno tuning at TEA. EDIT: bad url |
|
|
|
Dave B What to look for when buying '01 or '02 Sep 27 2004, 02:06 AM
John_D. The only time I've noticed my '98 leak, is... Sep 27 2004, 03:39 PM
steve-d QUOTE (John_D. @ Sep 27 2004, 09:39 AM).... y... Sep 27 2004, 03:52 PM
pknowles QUOTE the PS cooler is an oil to water and is insi... Sep 27 2004, 06:57 PM
Doug Phillips Dave, make sure you ask around the clubs up here. ... Sep 27 2004, 07:29 PM
CMC #37 This is something I struggled with purchasing a br... Sep 27 2004, 07:47 PM
Dave B Julie , like you I did not trust GM in the first ... Sep 28 2004, 02:00 AM
firehawkclone my local(bakersfield CA) pontiac dealer still has ... Sep 28 2004, 02:50 AM
Doug Phillips Dave,
You do not need to be a member to join the ... Sep 28 2004, 02:52 AM
2000Z-71 One thing to look for in the 01's, about 1/2 w... Sep 28 2004, 06:25 AM
steve-d QUOTE (2000Z-71 @ Sep 28 2004, 12:25 AM)... Sep 28 2004, 12:59 PM
LT4Firehawk Dave, one more option for you would be to do an LT... Sep 28 2004, 01:38 PM
sgarnett An LT4 (as shipped in a few f-bodies) swap is lega... Sep 28 2004, 03:19 PM
Dave B Evan, What is involved in an LT4 swap? Is that a... Sep 29 2004, 01:11 AM
Soma07 QUOTE (Dave B @ Sep 28 2004, 07:11 PM)Still s... Sep 29 2004, 01:24 AM
trackbird QUOTE (Soma07 @ Sep 28 2004, 08:24 PM)QUOTE (... Sep 29 2004, 02:16 AM
Soma07 QUOTE (robz71lm7 @ Sep 29 2004, 04:59 AM)QUOT... Sep 29 2004, 12:01 PM
LT4Firehawk QUOTE Evan, What is involved in an LT4 swap? I... Sep 29 2004, 02:16 PM
Doug Phillips Dave,
Send me a pm at doughphillips@cs.com if you... Sep 29 2004, 02:41 PM
robz71lm7 QUOTE (Soma07 @ Sep 29 2004, 08:01 AM)QUOTE (... Sep 29 2004, 03:27 PM
sgarnett You read it right. Ignition is unrestricted. So ar... Sep 29 2004, 04:55 PM
CMC #37 LOL! So I was not the only one who did not jum... Sep 29 2004, 06:12 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 1st October 2026 - 06:23 AM |