|
||||
Dec 20 2006, 04:50 PM
Post
#1
|
|
|
Advanced Member ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 902 Joined: 27-January 04 From: Magnolia, Tx. Member No.: 160 |
Some of you might have noticed I've been really really quiet around here (pretty uncommon for me). I've been stupid busy at work, in Argentina for some two weeks....and starting to plan for a move to Houston. Yep, all the cool kids are moving to Texas these days! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
To tell you guys the truth, I'm a little disappointed with the quantity of houses I've seen on har.com with 4 or more garage spaces. I've been concentrating on the west Spring, Cypress area since that appears to offer a good balance of high end schools/decent commute into downtown/big house for not too much $. We'll see though, I've only been outside of downtown Houston once and that was to Spring so I'm a little biased since I don't know anything else. Any advice here would be appreciated! I cant imagine what those poor movers are going to think when they open up the garage and see things like LT1 engine blocks, a hydraulic press, band saw, etc sitting there waiting for them (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I've already packed the things they wont move: long sticks of metal, chemicals, explosives, ammunition, the race car...normal stuff (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) |
|
|
|
![]() |
Dec 21 2006, 04:01 PM
Post
#2
|
|
|
Advanced Member ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 902 Joined: 27-January 04 From: Magnolia, Tx. Member No.: 160 |
I'm not worried about my fellow Texan race fanatics understanding me, but I am certainly going to miss my Cali racing buddies and the California race tracks. I think I'll like living in Texas but I do sometimes worry about how on earth I'm going to deal with cowboy hats and country music. I'm pretty sure my bright yellow s2000 will fit right in among the pickups with shotgun racks though (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Texans love little imported convertibles right?
My recolection is Texas is a "must have a front plate" state. That true? Cali technically is but its never enforced. I HATE front plates. Few things look worse than front plates. Am I going to have to deal? Anyone have any input on how easy/difficult it is in reality to get a carry permit?? "We got both kinds of music...country AND western" |
|
|
|
Dec 21 2006, 04:21 PM
Post
#3
|
|
|
Advanced Member ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 997 Joined: 28-June 05 From: North Dallas, TX Member No.: 791 |
My recolection is Texas is a "must have a front plate" state. That true? Cali technically is but its never enforced. I HATE front plates. Few things look worse than front plates. Am I going to have to deal? Anyone have any input on how easy/difficult it is in reality to get a carry permit?? "We got both kinds of music...country AND western" Al, The front plate thing is going to go away at some point in the fairly near future. I know some that just ignore it now and they do get pulled over occasionally. It is like a $40 ticket. My son just got his CHL. One day class with everything included. I think the permit is $140 plus the class. There is a 6 month residency requirement. When I got mine, I was told TX was the ONLY state that also did an FBI background check, thus the 2 sets of fingerprints. Because of that TX has reciprocity with a large number of other states. Everything you need to know is here: TX CHL requirements You can probably get by in that yella sporty car if you have an appropriate bumper sticker like an orange longhorn or "Drink Beer-Raise Hell" or "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" . Something like that. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) |
|
|
|
Dec 21 2006, 05:54 PM
Post
#4
|
|
|
Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Moderators Posts: 5,284 Joined: 23-December 03 From: Granbury, TX Member No.: 4 |
You can probably get by in that yella sporty car if you have an appropriate bumper sticker like an orange longhorn or "Drink Beer-Raise Hell" or "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" . Something like that. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Other bumper sticker candidates ... "Forgive me I'm from Kalifornia" "My gun rack is at the powder coater" "I thought it had a Hemi" "Drifting sux" "I'm not really a Kalifornian, but I play one on TV." "It's Z06 yellow" "It's my wife's car and she's a HOT Asian" |
|
|
|
CMC#5 crazy days Dec 20 2006, 04:50 PM
AndyJ QUOTE (CMC#5 @ Dec 20 2006, 10:50 AM) s..... Dec 20 2006, 05:13 PM
mitchntx QUOTE (AndyJ @ Dec 20 2006, 11:13 AM) Let... Dec 20 2006, 07:56 PM
Ojustracing QUOTE (mitchntx @ Dec 20 2006, 02:56 PM) ... Dec 20 2006, 09:44 PM
CrashTestDummy I'd also look at Kingwood, off of I59. Since ... Dec 20 2006, 07:19 PM
CMC#5 hahaha Andy is my character witness based on the d... Dec 20 2006, 07:24 PM
trackbird QUOTE (CMC#5 @ Dec 20 2006, 02:24 PM) hah... Dec 20 2006, 07:51 PM
CrashTestDummy QUOTE (CMC#5 @ Dec 20 2006, 01:24 PM) I... Dec 21 2006, 07:27 PM
Mericet Bah! All of you guys have goofy accents! Dec 20 2006, 09:57 PM
AndyJ Al,
The more "hardware" you have, the f... Dec 20 2006, 10:32 PM
trackbird QUOTE (Mericet @ Dec 20 2006, 04:57 PM) B... Dec 20 2006, 11:41 PM
nape QUOTE (trackbird @ Dec 20 2006, 05:41 PM)... Dec 21 2006, 05:06 AM
Mericet QUOTE (nape @ Dec 21 2006, 12:06 AM) QUOT... Dec 21 2006, 06:32 AM
rmackintosh ....sorry to hear that Al......I've BEEN to Ho... Dec 21 2006, 12:08 AM
trackbird QUOTE (CMC#5 @ Dec 21 2006, 11:01 AM) Any... Dec 21 2006, 06:34 PM
AndyJ QUOTE (trackbird @ Dec 21 2006, 12:34 PM)... Dec 21 2006, 08:30 PM
nape The more I read this thread, the more I have the u... Dec 21 2006, 11:48 PM
BumpaD_Z28 Check out:
www.packing.org for all the TX info yo... Dec 22 2006, 02:25 AM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 9th October 2026 - 06:03 AM |