IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Unbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.comUMI PerformanceHotpart.comSolo Performance
> FYI: GlobalWestSuspension.com, online orders
robz71lm7
post Nov 16 2005, 01:34 AM
Post #1

Veteran Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 40

If anyone needs to order from GW just give them a call. I ordered online (I believe Sean did too) and my online order disappeared. Once I called (after no product or CC charge in 3 weeks) they were quick to fix it and I got my upper control arms in less than a week.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
trackbird
post Nov 16 2005, 01:46 AM
Post #2

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

Doing the upper arms are ya?

+Quote Post
robz71lm7
post Nov 16 2005, 01:50 AM
Post #3

Veteran Member

Yup. My g/f got me Moog upper balljoints for Christmas. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Only bad thing is I can't pry my 10/22 away from her when we go together. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif) I wish I had known that was going to happen before I bought all of her xmas presents.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Nov 16 2005, 01:54 AM
Post #4

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (robz71lm7 @ Nov 15 2005, 20:50)
Only bad thing is I can't pry my 10/22 away from her when we go together.

I can't get my wife to pick one up. She knows how to shoot and if anyone breaks in, they may wish they hadn't. But she won't go to the range with me at all, ever. (ok, rarely). I think I'm about to buy a 10/22 Target model to build (getting bored).

Did you do the Moog Problem Solver balljoints? That's the ones I'm using. I had to open the holes in the metal "trim ring" to get the bolts through (I didn't modify the arms, just the rings).

+Quote Post
sgarnett
post Nov 16 2005, 02:06 AM
Post #5

Seeking round tuits

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (robz71lm7 @ Nov 15 2005, 20:50)
Only bad thing is I can't pry my 10/22 away from her when we go together. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif) I wish I had known that was going to happen before I bought all of her xmas presents.

I "lost" a nice .357 that way. On the bright side, Denice already had her own 10/22 (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

+Quote Post
35th_Anniversary...
post Nov 16 2005, 02:23 AM
Post #6

Chapter 11 Racing

Member No.: 207

ok thread hi-jackers, I think kevin needs to change the name of the forum to include artillary. I haven't shot yet...but would like to. My folks were city slickers and never got the opportunity even though I live in the middle of nowhere for my entire life.

This post has been edited by 35th_Anniversary_AS_Camaro_SS: Nov 16 2005, 02:25 AM

+Quote Post
robz71lm7
post Nov 16 2005, 02:25 AM
Post #7

Veteran Member

QUOTE (35th_Anniversary_AS_Camaro_SS @ Nov 15 2005, 22:23)
ok thread hi-jackers, I think kevin needs to change the name of the forum to include artillary. I haven't shot yet...but would like to.

I'm the worst offender. If it's in GD I hijack. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
robz71lm7
post Nov 16 2005, 02:26 AM
Post #8

Veteran Member

QUOTE (35th_Anniversary_AS_Camaro_SS @ Nov 15 2005, 22:23)
My folks were city slickers and never got the opportunity even though I live in the middle of nowhere for my entire life.

Same here I live in the largest city in KY. I have a friend from a more rural area of KY that introduced me to shooting a few years ago.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Nov 16 2005, 02:47 AM
Post #9

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (35th_Anniversary_AS_Camaro_SS @ Nov 15 2005, 21:23)
I haven't shot yet...but would like to.

Come on down. In the last week, I've taught a friend from one of the message boards (local group) how to reload, took him to the rifle range, helped him shoot his growing collection of military rifles, my "precision" rifle, my 7mm magnum, a 30-06 and several .45's and a couple nice .357 magnums.

I'm always up for teaching interested parties how to shoot. I've spent more on guns and such this year than I did on the car. I really did, and not by just a little bit either.....

Heck, it's not like you don't know the way..... My room mate moved out and we just painted the potential guest room to be. We may have better accomodations by then.

One night at about 2am, I added a handgun (1911) forum here. Pimpmaro and I played with it and I deleted it. We were that bored...... Could happen.

+Quote Post
35th_Anniversary...
post Nov 16 2005, 04:04 AM
Post #10

Chapter 11 Racing

Member No.: 207

Both my parents were from NYC... I wasn't born in NY =)

Kevin, I will take you up on your offer once I fix up my truck... I might even make it a dual-purpose trip and drop my car off over at McClusky Chevrolet to have Danny Popp align it again to where I want it (since I don't have any clue after Braun changed it in Topeka - not that it was where I want it now). Would also depend on the weather... 2wd non-posi truck isn't awfully good in snow. I already know a way to get there avoiding the snow-belt region between Erie & Cleveland. After driving through Erie only in April to get to Tallmadge I learned my lesson.

+Quote Post
TOO Z MAXX
post Nov 16 2005, 04:05 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 181

To get back on topic. Are these GW upper A arms ESP legal now? If so I am going to order some.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Nov 16 2005, 04:14 AM
Post #12

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (TOO Z MAXX @ Nov 15 2005, 23:05)
To get back on topic.  Are these GW upper A arms ESP legal now?  If so I am going to order some.

Back on topic???? (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Not as far as I know. I wish they would allow them, that would make my ESP move easy. The brakes are not a problem, I can have the SFC's cut off in "no time", but I don't feel like changing out those upper control arms again..... How sad is that.

+Quote Post
robz71lm7
post Nov 16 2005, 04:19 AM
Post #13

Veteran Member

ESP illegal. They will only be legal if the proposal to allow STU cars in SP passes and then your car has to meet STU rules. I'm adding SFC's and moving to SM. ESP is just so dead locally and I want my SFC's back. I'm really just having too much fun messing with my car, albeit scientifically.

+Quote Post
Sam Strano
post Nov 16 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #14

Experienced Member

Member No.: 76

QUOTE (TOO Z MAXX @ Nov 15 2005, 23:05)
To get back on topic. Are these GW upper A arms ESP legal now? If so I am going to order some.

No.

+Quote Post
robz71lm7
post Nov 17 2005, 02:03 AM
Post #15

Veteran Member

Looks like I hit the lottery. They shipped me upper control arms with Del-a-lum bushings when I ordered the plain old delrin ones. Sean on the other hand was not so lucky.

http://www.robmeadway.com/gw1.jpg
http://www.robmeadway.com/gw2.jpg

My box was marked CTA32 (regular delrin bushings).

+Quote Post
00 SS
post Nov 20 2005, 03:56 PM
Post #16

Experienced Member

Member No.: 197

Even if the ST rules get adopted into SP, the Del-Alum version will be illegal. Those are SM only parts since they have a different percentage of metal than stock.

+Quote Post
robz71lm7
post Nov 20 2005, 04:07 PM
Post #17

Veteran Member

Yup I only said that when I thought they had shipped me the right arms. People need to read the rules.

+Quote Post
Cal
post Nov 20 2005, 06:16 PM
Post #18

Experienced Member

Member No.: 317

If all these Delrin and Delrin-Aluminum bushings are illegal anyway, why not just arms with rod ends?

+Quote Post
sgarnett
post Nov 20 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #19

Seeking round tuits

Member No.: 33

Actually, the delrin-only version may become legal in ESP if the STU proposal goes through, but only for cars with a stock flywheel, throttle, and cats. The del-alum version is illegal in STU, which has the same bushing restrictions as ESP, so it will never be legal in ESP.

Why use the rod ends if they aren't needed? With the GW arms, the K-member adjustment slots become useful again, so there's no need for an adjustable upper. The greasable bushings probably last longer than the rod ends too. There's only one axis for ration too, so no compliance or multi-axis movement is needed.

+Quote Post
robz71lm7
post Nov 21 2005, 02:41 AM
Post #20

Veteran Member

QUOTE (Cal @ Nov 20 2005, 14:16)
If all these Delrin and Delrin-Aluminum bushings are illegal anyway, why not just arms with rod ends?

Well. $215 shipped to my door. With bushings that have very little friction, most likely will outlive any rod end, and rock hard delrin making deflection negligable it was a no-brainer. And I don't have to mess with getting them at the right length. They also, according to Jon, make the roll center move uniformly with the car which is another good thing. The LG's, while nice units, are $379 before shipping.

Now the del-a-lums are more, but there is very little friction at all-they function like a bearing.

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · General Discussion · Next Newest »

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 11:20 AM