IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hotpart.comBlaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringSolo PerformanceUMI Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom Built Adjustable Rear Sway Bar., With rod end endlinks
ESPCamaro
post Jul 8 2004, 03:55 PM
Post #1

No El-Use-O.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 52

First of all this is a little heavy. That is the reason for selling it. I switched to a 22mm hollow strano bar, and will probably convert that to an adjustable one as well.

Second I don't have a digital camera. I am a caveman, behind the times etc,etc.

It is based off a 21mm solid sway bar. It has "blades" that are welded to each side, with FOUR adjustment positions. 1 position is 3/4" (center to center, 3/8" holes) BACK from the stock position. Meaning the furthest hole back is Stiffer than a 21mm rear bar.
The second hole is right at the stock position. (As in where the stock endlinks would mount)
3rd and 4th holes are softer than stock (stock 21mm bar)

The endlinks are one female 3/8" and one male 3/8" rod end. On each side of the rod end are the proper tapered spacers. These bolt directly to the blades on the swaybar. The car side of the endlinks has a U shaped bracket that is isolated from the body with 1 ProThane endlink bushing. Done to reduce noise, and to soften the reaction of the bar. This bushing can be removed and just lengthen the rod ends.

It also comes with Energy suspension bushings for the 'D' bushings. They are hand fitted as I've found that they don't always fit great even if sold for that size bar. (They are 19mm bushings hand fitted to the 21mm bar)

I will sell this for $200 plus shipping up to $10. Beyond that and I will pay the difference.

I will also sell without the end-links for $165 plus shipping up to $10. Same deal this way too. Basically I want to keep the endlinks for the hollow bar when I make it adjustabe.

If you are in the Cendiv area I will be at Grissom for the Peru Pro next month.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ESPCamaro
post Jul 8 2004, 05:44 PM
Post #2

No El-Use-O.

I'll sell just the bar for $150 plus shipping

I would like to keep the endlinks.

To build your own links you would need 4) 3/8" grade 8 bolts approximately 2" long.
2) Male 3/8 rod ends.
2) Female 3/8 rod ends.
6) tapered rod end spacers.
2) end link bushings.
2) U brackets

I would have to track prices down on that stuff. No idea what it costs.

I will still sell everything for $200

+Quote Post
ESPCamaro
post Jul 11 2004, 10:34 PM
Post #3

No El-Use-O.

Also will trade the bar W/OUT endlinks for an LS1 driveshaft. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Jul 11 2004, 11:28 PM
Post #4

North of the border

Group: Admin
Member No.: 177

not interested in your bar, but could sell my stock LS1 driveshaft... but I'll only have access to it at the end of the month.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:37 PM