IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Unbalanced EngineeringHotpart.comUMI PerformanceSolo PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.com
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Life is short, F*** it... need your input
Crazy Canuck
post Aug 28 2008, 05:33 PM
Post #1

North of the border

Group: Admin
Member No.: 177

C6-Z06 vs Nissan GT-R vs Shelby Super-Snake vs any other suggestion

Chances are they would be in black.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Aug 28 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #2

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Member No.: 196

Are you going shopping?

C6 Z06 is a hell of a car. Swap front brakes and rock 'n' roll.

C6 ZR1?

Not familiar with the Mustang. And I'd probably pass on the Nissan.

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post Aug 28 2008, 05:39 PM
Post #3

Veteran Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 385

I've been thinking of a Z06 myself. There's a lot of performance bang for the buck there. I've been considering other stuff, but I keep thinking 'yeah, it doesn't do this like a Z06, or it won't get the mileage of a Z06'. I keep coming back around to the Z.

Black is nice, the silver is WOW. There's one that keeps visiting G-Force over near where I live. I hear it coming down the street, and from the backyard looking over the fence at it, it seems to glow in the sunlight.

+Quote Post
93FirehawkTA
post Aug 28 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,914

What is the purpose for the vehicle? Track, daily driver, little of both? Without becoming long winded I'd go Z06 for track car, GT-R for dd or combo. Shelby is overweight and over rated IMO.

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Aug 28 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #5

North of the border

would be a toy combo street and some track.
I don't seem to like the GT-R tranny... but the brakes, interior, seems great. What comes to mind is changing both turbos and have some real fun... but forget the sleeper approach vs the z06.
for track, I'll be waiting to find a cheap C6 body where it'll be a canvas. wish I could find body in whites.

The SuperSnake would look like the Cop in Transformers and the KnightRider movie.
What I like about this one is the exclusivity part... and 725hp ain't nothing to spit @.
(IMG:http://z.about.com/d/mustangs/1/0/U/9/-/-/knight7.jpg)
(IMG:http://media.musclecarblog.com/ai/2008/271.jpg)

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Aug 28 2008, 06:09 PM
Post #6

North of the border

QUOTE (trackbird @ Aug 28 2008, 01:36 PM) *
Are you going shopping?

C6 Z06 is a hell of a car. Swap front brakes and rock 'n' roll.

C6 ZR1?

Not familiar with the Mustang. And I'd probably pass on the Nissan.

I love the ZR1... and the dealer has been bugging me about it.
and it's been eating me alive... wonder when they're actually coming out.
But for the price of the zr1, it opens other doors... Audi R8 (refined but little power), Viper.

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Aug 28 2008, 06:13 PM
Post #7

North of the border

my heart keeps coming back to the Vette, though... although I'd love to probably find a used GT3 or Turbo... so many choices.

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Aug 28 2008, 06:29 PM
Post #8

North of the border

talking of the zr1... isn't just easier for me to get a used C6-Z06, forge the internals w/ low compression pistons and SC the 7.0L or simply go for H/C package + fuel exhaust... should boost some more HP, while having it NA and/or more linear for fun.

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post Aug 28 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #9

CMCer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 194

Z06 for me, ZR1 is a dream!

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Aug 28 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #10

North of the border

the other possibility...

keep having fun as a street car with my SS
get a C5/C6 and make it a pure track car with at least 500+ hp and gutted out + full-cage + huge brakes.
and get a zx14 to have fun as well.

should probably cost less than simply getting a zr1 or something like that, while having 3 different toys, depending on what I feel like doing.
the only problem with the above mentioned plan, how to get the vette to the track, tow it w/ the SS ? (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/lmao.gif)

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post Aug 28 2008, 06:54 PM
Post #11

CMCer

Member No.: 194

Get the Evora and put it in the SS. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
jensend
post Aug 28 2008, 07:16 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 210

Not sure how the ZR1 will perform on track. One of the people I track with regularly has a C-6 Z06 and is not at all interested in trading it on the ZR1. He feels it was engineered more with straigh line speed than overall performance in mind. His Z06 is a very formidable track car ( in mostly stock form) and runs in the2:10-2:11 range at Watkins Glen. For the money, I don't think any other production car offers as much performance and fun for the money as the C6 Z06. Wish one was within my budget.

+Quote Post
00 Trans Ram
post Aug 28 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #13

Experienced Member

Member No.: 303

For the amt of money you're talking (about $90k is what a guy here in LA just paid for his GT-R), I think I'd try a different tack. How's this sound?

$40k - Buy the track car of your choice; I'd recommend a T1 or GT Vette or similar, just for ease of maintenance and because you're used to at least some of the parts

$20k - Buy a good, used, tow vehicle. Yeah, they're not flashy, but you can't beat a good 2002-ish diesel dually for towing.

$10k - Buy a nice enclosed trailer

$10k - Race budget (gas, tires, hotels, beer, etc.)

But, if you want to spend that much on just 1 street-legal car that can be taken to the track, you've got a lot of options. I doubt that you'll ever be happy with a "stock" car, so you'll be modifying it. I'd recommend buying one that's already modified like you want and sticking with that. Something like a used, s'charged C6-Z06 is what I'm thinking.

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Aug 28 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #14

North of the border

hmmm.... from ppl's experience, it's always cheaper to find a "race-car-prepped" already rather than building one from scratch.
I'm gonna start looking for a full-fledged c5/c6 prepped race car and go from there.
even if engine needs to be redone, or rolling-chassis.

+Quote Post
BigEnos
post Aug 28 2008, 09:04 PM
Post #15

Collo Rosso

Member No.: 839

I saw a black R8 on my way to work one morning. Pure sex. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. A slightly used GT3 should be on your radar, too IMHO.

I gotta admit, the GT-R is pretty hot, though I haven't seen one in person.

How about a used Countach?? (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post
EchoMirage
post Aug 28 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,323

should read up on the GTRs computer before deciding to race it on a track. its GPS linked to nissan, and will void your warrenty if you ever to go a track. not to mention if you ever use the launch control, it will record it and also void your warrenty.

+Quote Post
Pony Exp.305
post Aug 28 2008, 09:36 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 998

QUOTE (00 Trans Ram @ Aug 28 2008, 03:46 PM) *
For the amt of money you're talking (about $90k is what a guy here in LA just paid for his GT-R), I think I'd try a different tack. How's this sound?

$40k - Buy the track car of your choice; I'd recommend a T1 or GT Vette or similar, just for ease of maintenance and because you're used to at least some of the parts

$20k - Buy a good, used, tow vehicle. Yeah, they're not flashy, but you can't beat a good 2002-ish diesel dually for towing.

$10k - Buy a nice enclosed trailer

$10k - Race budget (gas, tires, hotels, beer, etc.)

But, if you want to spend that much on just 1 street-legal car that can be taken to the track, you've got a lot of options. I doubt that you'll ever be happy with a "stock" car, so you'll be modifying it. I'd recommend buying one that's already modified like you want and sticking with that. Something like a used, s'charged C6-Z06 is what I'm thinking.

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ^^^ That is true.. what kind you drive? Daily Driver?
I always want to have Z06 vette. 2010 Camaro SS?
Once you have newer car, you have to be careful driving under any conditions.

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Aug 28 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #18

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Aug 28 2008, 01:29 PM) *
talking of the zr1... isn't just easier for me to get a used C6-Z06, forge the internals w/ low compression pistons and SC the 7.0L or simply go for H/C package + fuel exhaust... should boost some more HP, while having it NA and/or more linear for fun.

Good God, man. Why?

I assume you've ridden/driven a new Z06 ... they are a BEAST in stock trim.

QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Aug 28 2008, 01:47 PM) *
keep having fun as a street car with my SS
get a C5/C6 and make it a pure track car with at least 500+ hp and gutted out + full-cage + huge brakes.
and get a zx14 to have fun as well.

So, you are a male prostitute or a pimp?

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post Aug 28 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (EchoMirage @ Aug 28 2008, 04:34 PM) *
should read up on the GTRs computer before deciding to race it on a track. its GPS linked to nissan, and will void your warrenty if you ever to go a track. not to mention if you ever use the launch control, it will record it and also void your warrenty.

WTF??? Why put launch control on the car if USING IT will void your warranty?????
(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post
Spruill242
post Aug 28 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 2,237

I don't know about all that warrenty stuff. Would have to search that on your own. But the latest Car & Driver had the GTR kick the pants off of the Viper, ZO6 and GT3RS. Everything I've read says the GTR likes to be abused and tossed around on track. And noone has writen a bad report on one yet. I also got to see one in person here in Va Beach at a baseball game. In person the car is absolutely beatiful. It has body lines that pictures just can't capture and it has a VERY aggresive nose. If they came in a true manual I would think it would be a no brainer (well for me anyway)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:19 PM