IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Blaine Fabrication.comUMI PerformanceHotpart.comSolo PerformanceUnbalanced Engineering

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ruger GP100 (Stainless 6" with action job, etc) (SOLD)
trackbird
post Mar 17 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #1

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

I have a Stainless Ruger GP100 in .357 magnum with a 6" barrel that was modified by Cylinder and Slide (google will find their site, they do amazing work) and has a Jack Weigand "no drill" scope mount and a Burris 2-7x pistol scope. I had this built for fun, shot it "some" and then added the scope for silhouette pistol matches (of which the scope has seen exactly one match). I'm planning to shoot 3 gun this year, bianchi cup and possibly IDPA and don't see me getting to a silhouette match anytime soon. So, I think it's time to part with this one.

C&S did the following:

Bead blasted the finish
11 degree target crown on the barrel
Chamfered the cylinders for speed loader use
Full "match" trigger job (it really prefers Federal primers and is the nicest trigger I've ever used on a Ruger)
Rounded, smoothed and polished the trigger
Added a trigger overtravel "stop"
Installed Millet open sights (which I have, but had to be removed for the scope mount)

I added:

Jack Weigand "combat" scope mount
Jack Weigand scope rings
Burris 2-7x pistol scope

This hasn't been fired a whole lot and is in excellent shape. Anyone here who's been shooting with me will tell you that I'm pretty picky about my firearms and they are well cared for.

These days a GP100 runs nearly $600. The work C&S did was $500 (or so) more. The scope was $349 and the mount was $90. It would cost over $1,500 to duplicate this pistol.

More/better pics on request.

$1,175 plus shipping OBO.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
00 SS
post Mar 17 2011, 10:51 PM
Post #2

Experienced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 197

Kevin,

I'm starting to think you might have a few more guns than I do.

Looks like a nice piece. Good luck on the sale.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Mar 17 2011, 11:29 PM
Post #3

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Stuff tends to come and go around here Mike. I don't usually "have" that many, but I'm always cycling things through my inventory and buying new stuff. I guess the first step is admitting that you have a problem...lol

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post Mar 18 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #4

Veteran Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 385

Those are great guns. I have one myself, without all the fancy toolwork. Good luck on the sale.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Mar 18 2011, 05:31 PM
Post #5

FRRAX Owner/Admin

I've had two of them. I decided to build an "ultimate" GP100 and I did. Then I had an S&W built and I shoot it all the time and the Ruger has not seen that many rounds. So, I added a scope and decided to set it up for 100 yard silhouette matches and well, here it is. If it doesn't sell, I'll not be offended. It's an odd piece that appeals to a specific buyer. But it's a really nice pistol.

I might sell the scope and mount if someone wants it, then I'll just put the Millet open sights back on it and decide what to do from there.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:26 AM