IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

UMI PerformanceSolo PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringHotpart.com
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2001 SOM Camaro SS M6
BumpaD_Z28
post May 22 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,416

I thought it was sold ... But I passed the info along AGAIN !!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Midnight02
post May 23 2014, 03:50 AM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 223,810

QUOTE (BumpaD_Z28 @ May 22 2014, 07:18 PM) *

For the life of me I can't understand why this hasn't sold at that price! I love the car and don't need another but its so tempting!

+Quote Post
trackbird
post May 23 2014, 10:46 AM
Post #43

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

QUOTE (Midnight02 @ May 22 2014, 11:50 PM) *
QUOTE (BumpaD_Z28 @ May 22 2014, 07:18 PM) *

For the life of me I can't understand why this hasn't sold at that price! I love the car and don't need another but its so tempting!

I really can't either. It still has 35,5xx miles on it. Since it was supposed to be sold I haven't been driving it. I have a current dyno sheet and I cleaned it all out recently. I may go get it aligned today and I'm starting to make plans for what I want to do to it (in case it's still here when I get the Corvette project wrapped up...which should be very soon).

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 1 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #44

FRRAX Owner/Admin

$10,650 somebody come get it.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 3 2014, 11:36 AM
Post #45

FRRAX Owner/Admin

$10,200 firm (that's basically payoff).

Somebody grab it before I trade it in.

+Quote Post
nape
post Jun 4 2014, 01:32 AM
Post #46

Veteran Member

Member No.: 540

It's a good thing I bought a house and don't need anymore debt, otherwise I'd probably be looking at a divorce. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rotf.gif)

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 4 2014, 02:52 AM
Post #47

FRRAX Owner/Admin

I had 3 buyers when I started with the last moron. The second guy had everything ready but he was actually second. I just hung up the phone with him, it looks like he "won" and is getting a $750 discount and it's heading to Texas.

I decided I was going to sell it. I'm going to sell it. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Sale pending.

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Jun 4 2014, 11:32 AM
Post #48

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

Good ... it's gone.

Here I was about to offer to trade a brick of 22LR for it.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 4 2014, 12:36 PM
Post #49

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (mitchntx @ Jun 4 2014, 07:32 AM) *
Good ... it's gone.

Here I was about to offer to trade a brick of 22LR for it.

A whole brick? Based on current market rates, I'd owe you change...

And if you're interested...it's likely headed to Texas. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 10 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #50

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Sold! It's all official and everything this time. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The transporter is taking it to Texas tomorrow afternoon.

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post Jun 11 2014, 02:09 AM
Post #51

Veteran Member

Member No.: 385

Congrats!! Wow, what a journey! I'd try to sell our LT4 Z28, but I'd have to sell it AND a brick of .22LR for the price of a brick of .22LR.

Tough crowd out there these days.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 11 2014, 11:28 AM
Post #52

FRRAX Owner/Admin

I know. Right now I can't give things away. I posted an MSD distributor that was $295+tax new, has an hour of run time on it (if that) and I can't seem to sell it for $195. Not even a nibble. If it lays around long enough I'll just buy a 3rd gen to put it in (I know me).

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Jun 12 2014, 11:27 AM
Post #53

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

I've begun raking stuff off the shelves and into garbage cans.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 12 2014, 11:53 AM
Post #54

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (mitchntx @ Jun 12 2014, 07:27 AM) *
I've begun raking stuff off the shelves and into garbage cans.

It's sad. It's also a possible sign that the economy is slowing back down. Guys used to fight over parts, now nobody even sends a PM.

I packed up all the leftover SS parts (shift knob, sway bars, some poly stuff and frame bushings I had, PHB, stock airbox and anything else that would bolt to that car) and stuffed them in the back of the car for the new owner. I can't sell it all and now it's out of my garage. I'll call it a win.

+Quote Post
nape
post Jun 12 2014, 04:50 PM
Post #55

Veteran Member

Depends on what you're selling. I put (4) used 6 year old tires from my dually on Craigslist two days ago for $100. I had 6 e-mails and 5 phones calls in the 4hrs it took someone to show up. After that, I put up an ad for some bald Saturn tires for free (so I don't have to pay the $2.50/tire to dispose. Hah). I've got 3 people who want to come pick them up today. I think people are pretty much sticking to necessities and controlling the impulse buys a little better.

I've been looking for an SUV for the wife but used vehicle prices shot up after everyone got their tax returns. It's getting back to the point where stuff is sitting around and the prices are coming down.

I'm not looking forward to selling some of my spares that I don't need anymore, but ebay has free listings until Saturday, so at least it won't cost me anything to find out no one wants my stuff. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rotf.gif)

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 12 2014, 05:53 PM
Post #56

FRRAX Owner/Admin

New car prices are just as insane. I drove a 2014 extra cab/short bed (I don't believe in short bed trucks, but I need to park it and don't need "that much truck" these days) the other day. It was a Z71, 4x4 LT package (trip computer, cloth seats, towing package with built in brake controller....nice truck) and it stickered at $43k. After rebates and discounts I was looking at $35,350. I can't really bring myself to spend $35k on a truck. And I drove it, and it was nice...but I didn't fall in love with it (and I'm not sure the seats would be comfortable for long trips). So, I'm looking for a truck. New truck prices are "stupid" and used truck prices are just as insane (if not completely unreasonable) these days.

I may be driving my Jeep for a long time...

+Quote Post
nape
post Jun 12 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #57

Veteran Member

Pretty much. Cruising Craigslist has pretty much become a part time job trying to find someone who isn't out of their mind. I don't see how people think their shit box with a bunch of dents qualifies for KBB Excellent RETAIL pricing...

Well, KBB isn't standing here with a stack of hundreds to buy your truck and I am...

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 12 2014, 08:00 PM
Post #58

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (nape @ Jun 12 2014, 03:42 PM) *
Pretty much. Cruising Craigslist has pretty much become a part time job trying to find someone who isn't out of their mind. I don't see how people think their shit box with a bunch of dents qualifies for KBB Excellent RETAIL pricing...

Well, KBB isn't standing here with a stack of hundreds to buy your truck and I am...

They only rated it as "excellent" because KBB doesn't have a "my shit is spectacular" price on the website...

The one buyer I had come look at my truck (when I was selling in 2012) said "book is 11 and I'm thinking "$10k". I booked it (honestly with the options) and it was $12,800 to low $13's. He didn't add any options, just "2007 C 3500" and said "Oh, $11k". He was going to give me $10k. Carmax gave me $9k and I didn't have to screw around for the day getting the title work done and all that. He called back two days later and I told him it was gone. Oops.

If I found that same truck today (2 years and the mileage later) someone would be asking $15k for it....I'm almost sure of it.

+Quote Post
bubba353z
post Jun 13 2014, 12:07 AM
Post #59

Member No.: 410

QUOTE (trackbird @ Jun 12 2014, 01:53 PM) *
New car prices are just as insane. I drove a 2014 extra cab/short bed (I don't believe in short bed trucks, but I need to park it and don't need "that much truck" these days) the other day. It was a Z71, 4x4 LT package (trip computer, cloth seats, towing package with built in brake controller....nice truck) and it stickered at $43k. After rebates and discounts I was looking at $35,350. I can't really bring myself to spend $35k on a truck. And I drove it, and it was nice...but I didn't fall in love with it (and I'm not sure the seats would be comfortable for long trips). So, I'm looking for a truck. New truck prices are "stupid" and used truck prices are just as insane (if not completely unreasonable) these days.

I may be driving my Jeep for a long time...

My Tacoma would be over $32k to replace, so $35k isn't that bad. But driving the Jeep for a while is probably a wise move.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 13 2014, 12:21 AM
Post #60

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (bubba353z @ Jun 12 2014, 08:07 PM) *
My Tacoma would be over $32k to replace, so $35k isn't that bad. But driving the Jeep for a while is probably a wise move.

But we are counting the days until we can get rid of this jeep. This is one of the few vehicles I've ever owned that I really dislike. I'm sure it's leaving....just when and for what?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:32 AM