> What happened to FRRAX ?
RichJ
post Jun 11 2019, 12:19 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 183

QUOTE (Honda93 @ Jun 10 2019, 09:39 PM) *
I dunno. I really enjoyed owning the Camaro for the three years that I did, but I didn't enjoy the fact that the car was dead in FS and CAM-C compared to the new cars, and if none of you have tried them, they are SPECTACULAR!!! Both GM and Ford are putting together world-class sports cars, not just muscle cars. And, if I'm honest, a guy we compete with in the NNJR-SCCA just got a Camaro 2.0L 1LE and I'm very tempted to pay for some co-drives.

Nevertheless... I am impressed Taylor won ESP, but SP in general needs to go away or be dramatically consolidated as ST and CAM can take up that slack easily.

I still have my 1995 Z28 and plan to get it back on track in the next year after a 10 year hibernation. The new Camaros are awesome though not as gritty and raw when its time to race. I bought a V6 1LE in 2017 and traded it for a 2018 ZL1 last year. Incredible daily car but way too expensive and nice to risk on track. I hope this site keeps going. Iíve had my fourth gen for 22 years and am still wanting to keep improving it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rentedmule
post Jun 11 2019, 12:20 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 223,947

I know I'm not going to win against a fully prepped new car with a good driver. It's still a lot of fun to raw time experienced drivers in new civic type-R's or mustangs in a basically full weight, 24 year old car that I invested a total of $5K in and was still able to comfortably drive 30 miles to the race. Those extra few seconds + glory aren't worth another $30K to me and I'm not a good enough driver to take advantage of it anyway.

I'd rather have 3 or 4 interesting cars that I can beat on and have fun with every day than 1 perfect car.

+Quote Post
landstuhltaylor
post Jun 11 2019, 03:19 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,587

QUOTE (Honda93 @ Jun 10 2019, 09:39 PM) *
Nevertheless... I am impressed Taylor won ESP, but SP in general needs to go away or be dramatically consolidated as ST and CAM can take up that slack easily.

No they can't. I would rather quit the sport than run full time on street tires

+Quote Post
langss
post Jun 14 2019, 11:19 PM
Post #44

Group: Members
Member No.: 397

I guess its fitting that I have been a member here since 04 and this is my first post. I don't exactly remember why I joined at that time, I was very active on LS1.com, and a few others, and I think what happened was there was a crash, and everybody on the other sites were PO'd that they lost the "Post Count". And then "Life" just sort of got in my way. Well life has a nasty habit of staying in the way and I'm trying to change that. So since it seems my other passions are becoming less attainable, I have decided to take a car that otherwise might have more value for its parts, and make it into something I can enjoy. The point I'm trying to make is people and circumstances change and sometimes life just puts the brakes on and one never makes the return trip. I am gathering parts to put together a track day car. I'm financially in a position where I can afford a trailer rental and the track day fee, and do this about four times a year. If it turns out I'm any good at it, I may dabble in other things, but for right now that's my plan. In all my searches, this site only came up (1) time, and that was a reference from LS1TECH. This might actually be a good thing. It would seem that as our society moves along, the ability to get along degrades, and I'm seeing more and more where experience is not appreciated. In closing this introduction, I just want to say I'm here to learn and if I don't post a lot its because I don't know enough to be helpful, not because I don't care. Thank You.

+Quote Post
rocky
post Yesterday, 12:32 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,032

I love this site and everything I have learned from it. I hope it never goes away. I usually check once a day but the last month has been busy for me since I got a promotion and turned pulling wrenched back into a hobby. I was a little nervous when I started reading this thread. Iím glad to see it looks like it is staying.
I have priced the 6th gen 1LE and of course the ZL1 1LE. I am actually more worried about the cost of insurance for either one. Of the 2 I would go with the 1LE. I really like the look and price. Still got the 4th gen at the moment with no plans of getting rid of it

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2019 - 04:39 AM