IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Blaine Fabrication.comSolo PerformanceHotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringUMI Performance
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What happened to FRRAX ?
CrashTestDummy
post May 28 2019, 12:45 PM
Post #21

Veteran Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 385

QUOTE (slowTA @ May 27 2019, 11:17 AM) *
To take this way off topic... I moved 2 years ago to a place with a smaller garage but room to build this!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1qKoX8xTF5b9thVNA

Nice!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mikedamageinc
post May 28 2019, 12:45 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,551

QUOTE (GCrites80s @ May 27 2019, 10:16 PM) *
There's another 3rd Gen a few houses down the street from me but they don't seem to be AX/RR inclined and the cops keep showing to their house so I haven't told them about the site.

Unfortunately that seems to be more of the typical 3rd/4th gen owner, the Dax Shepard character in Baby Mama. Not so much the settled down middle aged guy that seems to be the norm on this site.

To me the 4th gen is just so practical. It may not be the fastest but I always surprise people in mine. I've already done most of the work it needs so it's just maintenance at this point. And if I wad it up, I won't cry, too much. Just find another and swap parts over and keep on going. Id love to get a newer Camaro/Corvette but I would be afraid of messing it up, so I would have to get a cheaper one that's already roughed up, but if I'm not afraid to track it then I'm also not afraid to tear into it and mod it like I'm about to run against Hector and his 3 spoon engine hondas! Which would have me right back in the "can't leave it alone" problem. Plus I'm really looking forward to hitting antique status one day, no more state inspection! All that said my 4th gen will be in my estate as well.

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post May 28 2019, 12:54 PM
Post #23

Veteran Member

QUOTE (trackbird @ May 27 2019, 01:52 PM) *
QUOTE (CrashTestDummy @ May 27 2019, 11:28 AM) *
QUOTE (trackbird @ May 27 2019, 09:15 AM) *
<SNIP>
And I did the "build and price" on a 6th gen 1LE car last night. I've considered one from time to time and wondered if I might want to buy one as my next vehicle. Though I don't want to get rid of the current convertible and I'm about out of space (we didn't manage to get a 3 car garage in the new house, though I don't know that we'll be here too long).

Then why did you move?? (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

We looked at houses for two years and we kept getting outbid. We finally gave up and built a new place. We saw one of these houses in this neighborhood sell for $36k more than they paid two years before (and they did nothing to it)...so, we built one. We aren't sure how long we will stay, though after moving...we may not want to do that again soon. lol. We almost went to see a house last week, but it was a fixer upper on 15 acres...and it looked like a LOT of work. We will finish this one up and see what we decide to do next.
<SNIP>

A couple weeks binge-watching 'Fixer-upper' and you'll be set for that 15-acre site, right? I mean, how hard can it be? (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

Good decision on the investment in the new place. THAT I can understand. And I fully understand about not wanting to move again. As an Air Force brat, I spent my childhood moving. We finally found our little corner of the swamp and are pretty sure we're staying put. We do need to shrink our footprint, even if the overall area doesn't change, but no plans to move in spite of the fact we could probably double our investment in this place, given the comps. We like it here, though. Room for the pups to run, and we feel out in the country even though we're just 10 minutes from a couple of freeways.

+Quote Post
Jeff94TA
post May 28 2019, 03:20 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 34

I still check in almost every day but my 4th gen Trans Am has been down for quite a while now so I wasn't racing. I had about a five year span in there where life got really complicated. I finally have a nice garage again and I'll start working on the car soon but it needs quite a bit at this point to get it back to what it was. The information and the signal to noise ratio are what make this site great so keep up the good work Kevin and I'm in for a donation if you ever need it.

I bought a 2014 1SS Camaro back in December as my daily driver so I would love some 5th & 6th gen input on the site. It's bone stock except for wheels and I've started to autocross and run NASA time trials again with it. It had been almost 7 years when I went back to Sebring in April. I realized what a heavy car that 5th gen is so I do want my 4th gen back plus I'm too old and fat to be daily driving an f-body any more.

+Quote Post
JimMueller
post May 28 2019, 04:28 PM
Post #25

Experienced Member

Member No.: 206

QUOTE (Jeff94TA @ May 28 2019, 11:20 AM) *
I'm too old and fat to be daily driving an f-body any more.

Shit, I never received the memo (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
slowTA
post May 28 2019, 04:39 PM
Post #26

Experienced Member

Member No.: 331

I think a part of the issue could be (assuming I'm not alone on this one?), I don't get any notices when posts are replied to. Has anyone else noticed that?

I only know what's going on here because I click 'view new posts'. Fortunately we're small enough where we only go a page or so of posts opening up instead of getting cut off at 20 pages!

+Quote Post
ESPCamaro
post May 28 2019, 11:35 PM
Post #27

No El-Use-O.

Member No.: 52

Since the “heyday” of the site drag racing has had an enormous resurgence in popularity. There were always lots of fbodies drag racing but it seems even worse “today”

Things in SCCA autox have also changed to the detriment of the 4th gen. Oddly enough the 3rd gen should see more popularity as it’s a nice platform for a CAM T build.

ESP is practically dead. That was a decent amount of users/traffic back in the day.

I still check in here and there and have over the years even when I didn’t have an fbody. My fbody now will use a stock type torque arm otherwise nothing is a bolt on. At all. Which makes most any info I have this time around useless to everyone else

+Quote Post
SS Performance
post May 29 2019, 01:57 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 223,818

I check the site every couple of days. My issue is I HPDE a 2015 1LE. Love the car it's a blast to drive.

I spend more time on Camaro5 because it's more applicable to my car, however I don't thing the average person in the RR section is as experienced and knowledgeable as the folks here.

I'm trying to take my car to the next level and hate depending on a sales person for advise.

As far as some have said about being to old and fat, I'm collecting Social Security and have been trying to drop a pants size for over a year.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post May 29 2019, 01:58 AM
Post #29

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

QUOTE (slowTA @ May 28 2019, 12:39 PM) *
I think a part of the issue could be (assuming I'm not alone on this one?), I don't get any notices when posts are replied to. Has anyone else noticed that?

I only know what's going on here because I click 'view new posts'. Fortunately we're small enough where we only go a page or so of posts opening up instead of getting cut off at 20 pages!

When we had 5,000 spammers per day signing up for the site the hosting company shut down our email servers because they thought we were sending out "mass blasts" of spam. The registration issues were really that bad. Hence, I went to building accounts normally. Now, people seem to possibly be getting the emails about registration (because so far one person has registered and sent me an email to validate his account, so that's from a sample of one), thus maybe I can get that running again too.

+Quote Post
ESPCamaro
post May 30 2019, 05:55 PM
Post #30

No El-Use-O.

Member No.: 52

A way to upload pics when posting from a phone would make new posts more interesting IMO. Best I can figure out you still have to use photobucket

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post May 30 2019, 07:23 PM
Post #31

Veteran Member

QUOTE (ESPCamaro @ May 30 2019, 12:55 PM) *
A way to upload pics when posting from a phone would make new posts more interesting IMO. Best I can figure out you still have to use something other than photobucket

FTFY! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

This post has been edited by CrashTestDummy: May 30 2019, 07:24 PM

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post May 30 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #32

Veteran Member

QUOTE (ESPCamaro @ May 28 2019, 06:35 PM) *
<SNIP>
ESP is practically dead. That was a decent amount of users/traffic back in the day.

<SNIP>

Not quite dead, you just have to have a 4-door AWD Boost-buggy. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
trackbird
post May 31 2019, 12:05 AM
Post #33

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (ESPCamaro @ May 30 2019, 01:55 PM) *
A way to upload pics when posting from a phone would make new posts more interesting IMO. Best I can figure out you still have to use photobucket

We never had the hosting space for letting everyone upload pics. At one point I had to go through and resize avatars due to people uploading super full sized pics and every time they posted and someone loaded that thread, it loaded the full sized image (even though it was small) and just hammered the data capacity here. So letting people upload images is a little dangerous. It's also how we got hacked once upon a time (long story involving putting "bad stuff" in the code of an image and uploading it).

+Quote Post
JimMueller
post May 31 2019, 07:53 PM
Post #34

Experienced Member

Member No.: 206

I'm getting SMTP thread notifications now, I hope we're able to keep it that way. Thanks Kevin!

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 1 2019, 12:07 AM
Post #35

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (JimMueller @ May 31 2019, 03:53 PM) *
I'm getting SMTP thread notifications now, I hope we're able to keep it that way. Thanks Kevin!

I went into the board settings and switched it over to SMTP hoping that would fix it. Sometimes it's better to be lucky instead of good. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
landstuhltaylor
post Jun 2 2019, 02:06 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,587

QUOTE (CrashTestDummy @ May 30 2019, 03:26 PM) *
<SNIP>

<SNIP>

Not quite dead, you just have to have a 4-door AWD Boost-buggy. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Funny, pretty sure the name on my jacket says Taylor

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post Jun 3 2019, 01:31 PM
Post #37

Veteran Member

QUOTE (landstuhltaylor @ Jun 1 2019, 09:06 PM) *
QUOTE (CrashTestDummy @ May 30 2019, 03:26 PM) *
<SNIP>

<SNIP>

Funny, pretty sure the name on my jacket says Taylor

There are curve busters in every crowd. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

+Quote Post
GNC Rick
post Jun 3 2019, 04:55 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 159,436

A lot of good replies so far and a lot of truth....drag racing and swaps have claimed a lot of 4th gens, not to mention totals or crashes.

+Quote Post
BryanL
post Jun 3 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 1,710

Still here racing CMC in Texas and still friends with the guy who has a cat. Haven't been on in a month for various reasons but the search function and information is gold. Oh I also have one of those wrecked F-bodies to part out that's garaged kept with only 14,000 miles. Haven't been to a drag race in years to know what goes on around Dallas as I thought drag racing was possibly a slow death (maybe just NHRA) but after Pinks died appears Street Outlaws has created a new sort of interest.

CMC still rules by the way other than the Toyo RR. Our rules haven't had a major change in years and any updates have been for reliability.

+Quote Post
Honda93
post Jun 11 2019, 01:39 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 223,849

I dunno. I really enjoyed owning the Camaro for the three years that I did, but I didn't enjoy the fact that the car was dead in FS and CAM-C compared to the new cars, and if none of you have tried them, they are SPECTACULAR!!! Both GM and Ford are putting together world-class sports cars, not just muscle cars. And, if I'm honest, a guy we compete with in the NNJR-SCCA just got a Camaro 2.0L 1LE and I'm very tempted to pay for some co-drives.

Nevertheless... I am impressed Taylor won ESP, but SP in general needs to go away or be dramatically consolidated as ST and CAM can take up that slack easily.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:31 PM