IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Solo PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringUMI PerformanceHotpart.com
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blaine Fab reinforced sway bar brackets, fit all 4th gen cars
Blainefab
post Apr 13 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #1

I build race cars

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 874

Announcing the Blaine Fabrication reinforced sway bar bracket:

(IMG:http://www.blainefabrication.com/projects/bfpics/IMG_1078.JPG)

- MIG welded .083" steel plate triangulates two of the four mounting points, with flared hole for increased rigidity.

- donor brackets are brand new, genuine GM stock

- Clears ABS/CC/etc: useable on a completely stock car, LT1 or LS1

- available 'as welded' with no finishing for $65/pr + shipping + sales tax in CA

- available with gloss black powder coat for $85/pr + shipping + sales tax in CA

I generally have both powder coated and as-welded brackets in stock

To order, call or PM or email me ZIP code for shipping, I will return with total cost. I accept PayPal, if you don't have a PayPal account let me know, I can email you an invoice that makes it easy to pay with a credit card without having to set up an account.

Shop phone is 831 427-3296 email: ablaine (at) cruzio (dot) com

Thanks and regards,
Alan Blaine
Blaine Fabrication
831 427-3296

This post has been edited by Blainefab: May 20 2015, 06:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jon A
post Apr 22 2007, 05:28 AM
Post #2

Experienced Member

Member No.: 16

Email sent.

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Apr 27 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #3

I build race cars

The first batch of six pairs are all sold - the powder coated versions ship today. Thank you to all who ordered. I've got another 5 pairs of brackets on order from GM, should have them ready for welding by the end of next week.

Thanks again,
Alan Blaine
Blaine Fabrication
831 427-3296

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post May 8 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #4

I build race cars

2nd batch is sold, I just ordered another 10 brackets from GM. Looks like about half the orders are powder coated, and half as-welded.

+Quote Post
cccbock
post May 8 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,113

QUOTE (Blainefab @ May 8 2007, 03:28 AM) *
2nd batch is sold, I just ordered another 10 brackets from GM. Looks like about half the orders are powder coated, and half as-welded.

Put my new brackets on Sunday.

Fits like a glove.

Thanks Alan

+Quote Post
bowtieboy
post May 8 2007, 05:06 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 195

Received mine, and the quality is great !
~ but I expected such (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
pkincy
post May 15 2007, 06:29 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 560

I suppose that I should buy a pair as I have broken the right mount twice.

Let me know when you have a set available, Alan.

Powdercoated is pretty, but if you think as welded with a good coat of Rustoleum paint is just as good although not as pretty I will take the plain version.

Perry

+Quote Post
gunslinger
post May 23 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #8

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,783

What is the purpose of these mounts? Is there a problem of Autox cars breaking sway bar mounts?
What about daily drivers with lots of miles?

+Quote Post
JasonWW
post May 23 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 282

QUOTE (gunslinger @ May 23 2007, 12:42 PM) *
What is the purpose of these mounts? Is there a problem of Autox cars breaking sway bar mounts?

With the stiff springs, big swaybars and firm shock damping combined with tossing these heavy cars around, the brackets have been known to break.

I think maybe the right side mounts also get weakened some by battery acid leaking down on it.

This post has been edited by JasonWW: May 23 2007, 05:47 PM

+Quote Post
gunslinger
post May 23 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #10

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,783

Should the stock Brackets be checked at a certain mileage?
I have stock springs and Koni SA's, but I am looking to buy some Strano Bars here shortly. Would these be a wise upgrade while installing the bars?

This post has been edited by gunslinger: May 23 2007, 05:49 PM

+Quote Post
JasonWW
post May 23 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 282

Sometimes they just break. It's not a dangerous situation though. The car will just feel sloppy in the front. Some folks can't even tell when it breaks. It doesn't hurt to look them over real good for cracks especially on a higher mileage car.

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post May 23 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #12

I build race cars

The mounts are new OEM pieces that have been reinforced with a steel plate (the part with the flared hole) welded on. The stock part tends to break on a car that has an aftermarket solid or large dia sway bar installed, and then cornered vigorously, like in autox.

Normally, just high mileage on an otherwize stock, undamaged car will not cause them to break, but:
Other things that can break the stock mounts: impact with a curb or road debris, or a tow truck operator using the sway bar to pull on the car. The mounts tend to collect a puddle of water so in some climates rust could weaken them over time.

Symptoms of a broken swaybar mount would be a different feel to the steering in right turns vs left turns, or audible clunking/rattling. Other things can cause these symptoms, too. The mounts can mostly be inspected visually, tho there is a plate on the drv side that covers up part of it. Run a fingernail along all the edges of the mount to feel for a crack.

+Quote Post
Speedtoys
post Jun 3 2007, 04:41 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,811

QUOTE (Blainefab @ May 23 2007, 02:45 PM) *

The mounts are new OEM pieces that have been reinforced with a steel plate (the part with the flared hole) welded on. The stock part tends to break on a car that has an aftermarket solid or large dia sway bar installed, and then cornered vigorously, like in autox.

Normally, just high mileage on an otherwize stock, undamaged car will not cause them to break, but:
Other things that can break the stock mounts: impact with a curb or road debris, or a tow truck operator using the sway bar to pull on the car. The mounts tend to collect a puddle of water so in some climates rust could weaken them over time.

Symptoms of a broken swaybar mount would be a different feel to the steering in right turns vs left turns, or audible clunking/rattling. Other things can cause these symptoms, too. The mounts can mostly be inspected visually, tho there is a plate on the drv side that covers up part of it. Run a fingernail along all the edges of the mount to feel for a crack.

And as a tow truck operator ON racetracks, an unprepared, or stripped car, can many times lead to _no other alternative_ than to pull you by the sway bar.

And nothing will ever ever break doing that if you follow our directions (keep the rope tight, always).

So..ya..for track use, you need these.

(And a CCR approved lift point as well, not just pull, LIFT)

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Jun 10 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #14

I build race cars

I've got 3pr as-welded in stock remaining of the 3rd batch. I'll probaby commit 2pr of them to powder coating next week for stock.

+Quote Post
JKnight
post Jun 11 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 141

QUOTE (Blainefab @ Jun 10 2007, 05:08 PM) *
I've got 3pr as-welded in stock remaining of the 3rd batch. I'll probaby commit 2pr of them to powder coating next week for stock.

Alan, we'll take a set. I'll PM or email you later tonight or tomorrow (Soprano's is almost on!). I've got an air dam and nerf bar question as well.

Jason

+Quote Post
LT4Firehawk
post Nov 4 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 5

Just sent you a PM, guess I'm the newest member of the broken passenger side bracket club. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Glad I finally found it, I'd been noticing some clunking/poping from the passenger side for about a month, but hadn't been able to find anything (was looking at the brakes, shock, etc). Both angle arms broke, and then the bolts mounting the bracket to the body backed out completely so the bracket was just hanging loose.

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Nov 5 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #17

I build race cars

QUOTE (LT4Firehawk @ Nov 4 2007, 11:04 AM) *
Just sent you a PM,

I just sent you a shipped cost - I have them in stock for immediate shipment.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Rob Hood
post Nov 6 2007, 06:13 AM
Post #18

Experienced Member

Member No.: 130

You've been busy making those boogers, haven't you! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Glad I got mine when I did! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Mar 26 2008, 05:56 AM
Post #19

I build race cars

QUOTE (Rob Hood @ Nov 5 2007, 11:13 PM) *
You've been busy making those boogers, haven't you! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Glad I got mine when I did! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

Ya, you betcha! I just had a batch of 300 of the reinforcement plates laser cut - they turned out perfect, no grinding needed before welding them in place. Next I'll do the same for the brake duct plenums so their build time drops from WTFtoolong to something more reasonable.

+Quote Post
96Silverram
post May 25 2008, 04:07 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 580

Blainefab,
Just wanted to post, I installed this item finally and it's a really nice piece for the money. Thanks !

This post has been edited by 96Silverram: May 25 2008, 04:07 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:37 AM