IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Hotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringUMI PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comSolo Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sparco quick release steering wheel.
leebo
post Jan 26 2014, 02:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 7,103

I need help. We are trying to put a Sparco steering wheel on my 95Z with quick release. I'm having trouble finding a adapter to go from the stock column to the quick release or steering wheel. Does anybody have any advice? I have an adapter to go to a Grant steering wheel but the holes don't match up.
Thanks in advance Lee.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pharmd
post Jan 26 2014, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,284

QUOTE (leebo @ Jan 26 2014, 10:14 AM) *
I need help. We are trying to put a Sparco steering wheel on my 95Z with quick release. I'm having trouble finding a adapter to go from the stock column to the quick release or steering wheel. Does anybody have any advice? I have an adapter to go to a Grant steering wheel but the holes don't match up.
Thanks in advance Lee.

contact Alan Blaine. ...he hooked me up with a quick release adapter for my 02' SS and my Sparco wheel.

+Quote Post
leebo
post Jan 26 2014, 03:46 PM
Post #3

I'll do that. Thanks

+Quote Post
Wardracing
post Jan 26 2014, 04:01 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 223,794

Not to hijack this thread, but have same issue with my 70 Camaro i have Momo 6 bolt steering and stock GM column, anybody know off a quick release hub that works?

+Quote Post
leebo
post Jan 26 2014, 04:43 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Wardracing @ Jan 26 2014, 11:01 AM) *
Not to hijack this thread, but have same issue with my 70 Camaro i have Momo 6 bolt steering and stock GM column, anybody know off a quick release hub that works?

https://www.getnrg.com/
I found some info here.

+Quote Post
leebo
post Jan 26 2014, 04:45 PM
Post #6

I also found a how to here.
http://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-genera...-4th-gen-72056/
Newer model camaro but could be useful.

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Jan 27 2014, 11:13 AM
Post #7

I build race cars

Member No.: 874

QUOTE (leebo @ Jan 26 2014, 06:14 AM) *
Thanks in advance Lee.

Here ya go - aluminum pull ring QD, bolts on to your 4th gen column (also fits 3rd gen and C4 and C5 and other GM columns). The pictured adapter has the 6 bolt pattern used by the Euro wheels - Momo, Sparco, Personal. I have the QD in stock, it will take me a day or 2 to fab the adapter. I'll PM pricing.

(IMG:http://blainefab.com/projects/2009_08_04/IMG_2923.JPG)

This post has been edited by Blainefab: Jan 27 2014, 08:42 PM

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Jan 27 2014, 11:14 AM
Post #8

I build race cars

QUOTE (Wardracing @ Jan 26 2014, 08:01 AM) *

Do you know the spline count and diameter of the stub that holds the stock wheel on?

+Quote Post
leebo
post Jan 27 2014, 01:24 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Blainefab @ Jan 27 2014, 06:13 AM) *
QUOTE (leebo @ Jan 26 2014, 06:14 AM) *
Thanks in advance Lee.

Here ya go - aluminum pull ring QD, bolts on to your 4th gen column (also fits 3rd gen and C4 and C5 other other GM columns). The pictured adapter has the 6 bolt pattern used by the Euro wheels - Momo, Sparco, Personal. I have the QD in stock, it will take me a day or 2 to fab the adapter. I'll PM pricing.

(IMG:http://blainefab.com/projects/2009_08_04/IMG_2923.JPG)

Great, I'm looking forward to PM.
Thanks Lee

+Quote Post
Sparkles
post Jan 28 2014, 03:00 AM
Post #10

Group: Members
Member No.: 223,780

I just got the NRG adapter and their quick release for my Momo. It's a little pricey, but parts that hold your steering wheel onto the column aren't something you want to be cheap with when you're doing 115mph around the track with the wheel turned.

Adapter:
https://getnrg.com/products/quick-release-k...rt-hub/srk-170h

Quick release:
https://getnrg.com/products/quick-release-k...n-2.5/srk-250bk

If you want any detailed pics or other info, let me know. Also, if you do want to buy them, go on Amazon instead of their site. I got the adapter for $80 and the release for just over $100.

The problem I don't like about the spline kits like that mentioned above is that you can reattach the wheel in any orientation you want, so it's pretty easy to not get the wheel on center. The NRG kit uses a ball and socket type of engagement, kinda like a ratchet head that only allows the wheel to go on 1 way, keeping it centered. Also, when you pull back the release, it stays that way until you push it back on. No having to pull the release handle again. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but it makes it a lot easier to use.

After looking, it doesn't look like you can run a horn with that kit either.

This post has been edited by Sparkles: Jan 28 2014, 03:04 AM

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Jan 29 2014, 08:20 AM
Post #11

I build race cars

QUOTE (Sparkles @ Jan 27 2014, 07:00 PM) *
I just got the NRG adapter and their quick release for my Momo. It's a little pricey, but parts that hold your steering wheel onto the column aren't something you want to be cheap with when you're doing 115mph around the track with the wheel turned.

Adapter:
https://getnrg.com/products/quick-release-k...rt-hub/srk-170h

Quick release:
https://getnrg.com/products/quick-release-k...n-2.5/srk-250bk

If you want any detailed pics or other info, let me know. Also, if you do want to buy them, go on Amazon instead of their site. I got the adapter for $80 and the release for just over $100.

Is that one removable with one hand?

The problem I don't like about the spline kits like that mentioned above is that you can reattach the wheel in any orientation you want, so it's pretty easy to not get the wheel on center. The NRG kit uses a ball and socket type of engagement, kinda like a ratchet head that only allows the wheel to go on 1 way, keeping it centered. Also, when you pull back the release, it stays that way until you push it back on. No having to pull the release handle again. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but it makes it a lot easier to use.

Ya, I've learned to straighten the wheel before removing it, so I can just put the wheel on straight and be good to go. Otherwise, a pointer can be set up

After looking, it doesn't look like you can run a horn with that kit either.

A buddy had a SpecRX7 and left the horn in it - he had a points battle going with another guy and was gridded next to him on the front row. As they approached the starter stand he laid on the horn just as the green waved. Distracted the other guy enough to get the jump on him. Only worked once tho

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:48 AM