IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Hotpart.comUMI PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringSolo Performance
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do we want more members???
trackbird
post Jul 6 2017, 01:01 AM
Post #21

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

QUOTE (Smitty2919 @ Jul 5 2017, 01:48 PM) *
...it will need new tires soon at which point I will NOT update/reprogram the tire pressure sensors...one of those "must go to the dealer" things I think. I don't have enough lube for the Lexus dealer.

I bought the tool to reprogram the TPS system. It was $60. When they took my wheels and tires, I needed them reprogrammed. The tire shop would do it, but it was going to take them an hour. So, I bought the tool.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GCrites80s
post Jul 6 2017, 01:51 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 223,855

QUOTE (Mojave @ Jul 5 2017, 02:14 PM) *
QUOTE (Smitty2919 @ Jul 5 2017, 12:48 PM) *
And in terms of the C5/C6...I agree again. I'd love one but mods/maintenance is prob double than a Fbody. I don't feel guilty tearing into a Fbody and tinkering. I sometimes think (with how I like to tinker/engineer/mod) a C5/C6 would be too "nice". Give me another 10 years when I don't feel like doing as much...a C6 would fit nicely.

Ironically, clean, stock, unmolested C5's are way easier to find that clean, stock, unmolested f-bodies. Tear into a Corvette, there are plenty owned by guys with gold chains who keep them under 20 coats on Zaino. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

It's true! Or older guys that upgrade. My old roommate's dad before he passed traded in clean 40th and 50th Anniversary Vettes on a C7. I bet that was the deal of the day at the dealership.

+Quote Post
Steve91T
post Jul 6 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #23

Experienced Member

Member No.: 9,105

It's funny how these smart keys are such a PITA. I have the problem with my wife leaving her keys in her purse, so she goes days without physically seeing them, which means she often looses them. I can never find them. When I need to move her car, our conversation almost always:

Me: "where are you keys!"
Her: "in my purse"
Me:"Where the hell is your purse!"
Her: "Where it normally is"
Me: "Which pocket? I can't find them!"
Her: "Oh they must be in my other purse"
Me: "Goddamnit!!!!!!

I'm waiting for the day we get somewhere in her car, shut the car off and realize we don't have her keys. It's going to happen.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 6 2017, 05:37 PM
Post #24

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (Steve91T @ Jul 6 2017, 11:01 AM) *
It's funny how these smart keys are such a PITA. I have the problem with my wife leaving her keys in her purse, so she goes days without physically seeing them, which means she often looses them. I can never find them. When I need to move her car, our conversation almost always:

Me: "where are you keys!"
Her: "in my purse"
Me:"Where the hell is your purse!"
Her: "Where it normally is"
Me: "Which pocket? I can't find them!"
Her: "Oh they must be in my other purse"
Me: "Goddamnit!!!!!!

I'm waiting for the day we get somewhere in her car, shut the car off and realize we don't have her keys. It's going to happen.

I'm glad it's not just me. Technology for the sake of technology. I also noticed that I can sit in the car and leave my foot off the brake and punch the start button (turns on accessory power, including the blower fan???). It also allows me to step on the brake and pull the shifter out of park. When I take my foot off the brake, the car will roll. Why would I ever (besides maintenance/installing a car stereo, etc) need the car out of park in accessory mode? That seems really stupid to me.

I worry about getting somewhere without keys too. Luckily, I always have my set. The other day she started it and I was by the door. As she started to pull out it flashed "key not present". I think it started on my key and then lost it when I moved, it had a brief panic attack and then locked onto her key? These systems really do irritate me. I'm not sure why anybody thought this was cool or handy or trendy. It's just a headache.

+Quote Post
landstuhltaylor
post Jul 9 2017, 03:01 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,587

QUOTE (trackbird @ Jul 6 2017, 01:37 PM) *
When I take my foot off the brake, the car will roll. Why would I ever (besides maintenance/installing a car stereo, etc) need the car out of park in accessory mode? That seems really stupid to me.

Stop looking a gift horse in the goddamn mouth. Absolutely hate dealing with cars that won't stay in neutral without the engine running.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 9 2017, 03:19 AM
Post #26

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (landstuhltaylor @ Jul 8 2017, 11:01 PM) *
QUOTE (trackbird @ Jul 6 2017, 01:37 PM) *
When I take my foot off the brake, the car will roll. Why would I ever (besides maintenance/installing a car stereo, etc) need the car out of park in accessory mode? That seems really stupid to me.

Stop looking a gift horse in the goddamn mouth. Absolutely hate dealing with cars that won't stay in neutral without the engine running.

When I was installing car stereos, I'd just put the keys in and turn them, pull it into neutral (or low) to get the shifter out of the way and I could pull the battery cable and do the stereo installation. lol

+Quote Post
rgauder
post Jul 20 2017, 06:39 PM
Post #27

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,745

I'd like to see more new members with 3rd gen builds. They seem to be forgotten.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 20 2017, 06:59 PM
Post #28

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (rgauder @ Jul 20 2017, 02:39 PM) *
I'd like to see more new members with 3rd gen builds. They seem to be forgotten.

I'm wanting to do another one. I should have kept the teal car, skipped the Corvette and bought the current 2002. It would have been a much better plan.

+Quote Post
79T/A
post Jul 20 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 142,453

QUOTE (rgauder @ Jul 20 2017, 06:39 PM) *

That would be nice, considering there are quite a few high end pro-touring builds being done on 3rd gens. They are the next hot car. Check out Detroit Speeds 3rd gen build, it is unbelievable.

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post Jul 20 2017, 08:22 PM
Post #30

Veteran Member

Member No.: 385

Hindsight, eh? (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
irishracer
post Jul 26 2017, 12:36 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 10,919

QUOTE (rgauder @ Jul 20 2017, 01:39 PM) *

I have a friend with an LS/T56 swapped 3rd gen that I just got into autoxing recently, and now have him interested in HPDE. I've mentioned this forum in passing for alternatives to LStech and the CAM pages, because he's wanting to learn all he can. I'll have him send an email

+Quote Post
rgauder
post Jul 27 2017, 05:48 PM
Post #32

QUOTE (gearhead @ Jul 25 2017, 08:36 PM) *

I have a friend with an LS/T56 swapped 3rd gen that I just got into autoxing recently, and now have him interested in HPDE. I've mentioned this forum in passing for alternatives to LStech and the CAM pages, because he's wanting to learn all he can. I'll have him send an email

I have an 87 Trans/Am that I am gathering parts for. Going to leave stock motor and tranny for next year, but upgrade the suspension before next spring.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 28 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #33

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (CrashTestDummy @ Jul 20 2017, 04:22 PM) *

Yup....

QUOTE (gearhead @ Jul 25 2017, 08:36 PM) *

Absolutely. Have him drop me a line and I'll build him an account.

+Quote Post
Rentedmule
post Jul 28 2017, 02:19 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 223,947

(first post!)

I haven't added a thing to the forum yet but I've certainly learned a lot from reading old threads and following discussions. It's hard to sort out whose opinion is educated and who is just regurgitating manufacturer's advertising material on the big forums. I get the impression that everyone here has actually raced their car and isn't just talking the talk.

This post has been edited by Rentedmule: Jul 28 2017, 02:20 PM

+Quote Post
Smitty2919
post Jul 28 2017, 02:44 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 223,804

QUOTE (Rentedmule @ Jul 28 2017, 10:19 AM) *
(first post!)

I haven't added a thing to the forum yet but I've certainly learned a lot from reading old threads and following discussions. It's hard to sort out whose opinion is educated and who is just regurgitating manufacturer's advertising material on the big forums. I get the impression that everyone here has actually raced their car and isn't just talking the talk.

Exactly. That is why I come here looking for any information with substance and real world proof/experience. No drama, just passionate backyard down to earth racers.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 28 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #36

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (Smitty2919 @ Jul 28 2017, 10:44 AM) *
(first post!)

Exactly. That is why I come here looking for any information with substance and real world proof/experience. No drama, just passionate backyard down to earth racers.

We collectively broke a lot of stuff in the early days....actually and figuratively. The older threads are stuffed with good information about what works and what broke. I forget just how much info is archived here, but there's a considerable amount. And I'm always up for sharing it with new members. I actually just built a new account 2 minutes ago. I certainly would like to see this place keep growing, but we've become an oddity on the internet (and none of us did the 5th/6th gen cars), so we are an archive of what's becoming vintage car info. lol. It's still a lot of fun. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
rgauder
post Jul 30 2017, 04:43 PM
Post #37

QUOTE (trackbird @ Jul 28 2017, 11:39 AM) *
QUOTE (Smitty2919 @ Jul 28 2017, 10:44 AM) *
(first post!)

We collectively broke a lot of stuff in the early days....actually and figuratively. The older threads are stuffed with good information about what works and what broke. I forget just how much info is archived here, but there's a considerable amount. And I'm always up for sharing it with new members. I actually just built a new account 2 minutes ago. I certainly would like to see this place keep growing, but we've become an oddity on the internet (and none of us did the 5th/6th gen cars), so we are an archive of what's becoming vintage car info. lol. It's still a lot of fun. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I for one have a lot to learn, and am glad for the info. My Google-fu just isn't that good and so I find searching dificult. Wish there was more stickies for thirdgen info.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 31 2017, 01:37 AM
Post #38

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (rgauder @ Jul 30 2017, 12:43 PM) *
I for one have a lot to learn, and am glad for the info. My Google-fu just isn't that good and so I find searching dificult. Wish there was more stickies for thirdgen info.

Just start a thread with your questions and we will answer what we can and link old threads you might not have found.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:14 PM