IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Blaine Fabrication.comHotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringUMI PerformanceSolo Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> bonehead move on the day
torontoZ28
post Apr 5 2005, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 543

i finally got my gw uppers in the mail yesterday, after one month of waiting. as soon as i got home, i put them into the upper mounts (did anyone else find that they didnt exactly slide in?), slapped some antiseize on to the bolts, and torqued them down to the 72 lbs/ft indicated in the manual. next, i installed the whole assemblies into the car and thought i was all done. it wasnt until after i was all done that i realized that i should have adjusted all the tq specs for the antiseize - no wonder it seemed like the upper arms didnt move too freely.. .they must be way overtq'd!

what factor would you use to adjust to tq? 60%?

ill have to take everything apart and start over tonight. DOH.

Mike.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
felton316
post Apr 6 2005, 03:56 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 56

I forgot what I torqued mine to, but I do remember they were hard to move by hand. It was possible, just hard. And Yes, they didn't exactly slide in to the upper mount. They took a little tappity tap from Mr. hammer before going into their home. I also had to ream out some powder coating to get the ball joint bolts to go into their hole. But it was all well worth it.

+Quote Post
torontoZ28
post Apr 6 2005, 11:14 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 543

QUOTE (felton316 @ Apr 5 2005, 11:56 PM)
I forgot what I torqued mine to, but I do remember they were hard to move by hand. It was possible, just hard. And Yes, they didn't exactly slide in to the upper mount. They took a little tappity tap from Mr. hammer before going into their home. I also had to ream out some powder coating to get the ball joint bolts to go into their hole. But it was all well worth it.

Thanks for the reply. I feel better now knowing that your experiences were the same as mine.

Mike.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:00 PM