IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Blaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringSolo PerformanceUMI PerformanceHotpart.com
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> London & Area Fbody Club, www.Londonfbody.com
RegaMaro
post Jan 28 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #1

Video Clip God

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 105

Hey everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know we're starting up a local club here for the Fbodies. Seems like most of the large surrounding cities(>100km away) have clubs but there's nothing here! So we've taken the initiative to startup a club.
Anyway, come check us out!

London & area Fbodies
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Jan 29 2005, 05:24 AM
Post #2

North of the border

Group: Admin
Member No.: 177

maybe you should specify London, ON, Canada
just in case people think London, England.

+Quote Post
Teutonic Speedra...
post Jan 29 2005, 11:35 AM
Post #3

LS1 Inside! / Toolbox / Mechanical Engineer

Member No.: 179

QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Jan 29 2005, 12:24 AM)
maybe you should specify London, ON, Canada
just in case people think London, England.

Good point, b/c that's exactly what I thought when I saw the post. I was like, "wow, I didn't know there were that many f-bods in England! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
JonV
post Jan 29 2005, 03:31 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 97

Do you go out to any of the WOSCA events? I go to those from time to time. I'm from Sarnia, so I'm actually relatively close to you.

+Quote Post
Dave B
post Jan 29 2005, 04:17 PM
Post #5

Dave B

Member No.: 169

Justin, glad to see there are more Canucks interested in making their F bodies handle rather than just go in a straight line. Although I live just east of Toronto, I have never bothered much with the Toronto F body club as they seem to be more interested in 1/4 mile stuff although a number of them have taken up Solo 2. Anyone in your area interested in Solo 1 ( race track time trials)??

+Quote Post
RegaMaro
post Jan 29 2005, 04:59 PM
Post #6

Video Clip God

Thx for the suggestions guys. I will update my page and be more specific when spamming (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
So yes, this is for London, Ontario Canada (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Jon V, yes I've been out to a couple WOSCA events and a coulpe COMP events as well. I prefer to run with the COMP guys as they use a larger lot and run a more wide open course. WOSCA setups tend to be pretty tight for my liking. Do you plan to compete again this year?

Dave B, TFBM actually has a few autox events now. I do find that way more Fbody guys are interested in the 1/4mi rather than autox around here as well. Altho I'm sure most of them havn't tried their hand at solo racing yet. With the site I'm hoping to change that as those of us who are running it lean more towards being serious with solo I/II and look to racing down the strip as more of a fun event type thing. My car is actually setup for solo I and thats what I plan to run exclusively as I get more experience and a few more necessary parts on the car. I have a friend with virtually the same setup who has the same goals and know of a few others who do the solo I thing as well. Some of the guys actually post here under the names George, Rob Hood, Doug Philips and Andrew I believe. Rob and Andrew arefrom KW and George and Doug are in the GTA.

We just put the site up a couple days ago and it is winter so it may take awhile before we really get things going to the point of organizing our own lapping day but it will happen! My focus at least will be towards solo racing. We'll do all the other stuff like cruises and show and shines as well.

+Quote Post
JonV
post Jan 29 2005, 06:03 PM
Post #7

I don't' compete so much as play around. I 'm not really interested in winning anything, for me the automotive hobby is stress relief. If I turn into a competition it won't be a relief. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I am very interested in this "COMP" organization you talk about. What is it, where is it? etc. I like to run at wide open places! Especially the road course at TMP!

+Quote Post
RegaMaro
post Jan 30 2005, 02:20 AM
Post #8

Video Clip God

I agree Jon. I'm just overly obsessed with cars and racing and once I get behind the wheel I can't help it. But at the end of the day it's all about fun. I don't expect or care to make any money from what I'm doing.

COMP aka Competition Corvette Club http://www.quadceast.homestead.com/

They're part of CASC-OR and hold quite a few of their own Solo I and II events per year. Their autox events are held at the Bronte Go station in Oakville. Awesome group of guys. Just as friendly as the WOSCA crew but more domestic orientated. Some very serious cars come out as well.

+Quote Post
JonV
post Jan 30 2005, 03:31 AM
Post #9

I've been to their events a few times. Nice big lots. On those occassions that I have been, the crowds were pretty substantial. Maybe, I'll have to take a look at going there again this year. TorontoF had some pretty decent events this year on a reasonable sized lot. Unfortunatley I had too many personal issues to be able to get out much.

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Jan 30 2005, 06:46 AM
Post #10

North of the border

QUOTE (Dave B @ Jan 29 2005, 11:17 AM)
Justin, glad to see there are more Canucks interested in making their F bodies handle rather than just go in a straight line. Although I live just east of Toronto, I have never bothered much with the Toronto F body club as they seem to be more interested in 1/4 mile stuff although a number of them have taken up Solo 2. Anyone in your area interested in Solo 1 ( race track time trials)??

not quite true anymore... looks like a lot of them are getting into turning.
A few are part of this board... and I like the turning of events... rather than just going straight, there is so much to learn from.
The TFBM even have their own solo2 league... so that does help, imho... maybe you should check it out.

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Jan 30 2005, 06:48 AM
Post #11

North of the border

mmm.... on a side note, know if anyone gonna start a Paris & Area Fbody club ?
Paris, ON, Canada once more... not Paris, France... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
j/k :leaving:

+Quote Post
Rob Hood
post Jan 30 2005, 08:28 AM
Post #12

Experienced Member

Member No.: 130

Well, there could be a Paris TEXAS F-body club too...(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) or Paris KENTUCKY... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Dave B
post Jan 30 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #13

Dave B

I belong to the Oshawa Motorsport Club (which actually meets in Whitby) but we have some reasonably strong ties with TFBM especially when it come to lapping days at Mosport DDT and Solo 2 . OTOH I can't seem to convince more than 1 or 2 of those guys to bring their cars out to compete at the track in Solo 1. Personally I see our cars as being much more suited to race track use than parking lots.

The Competition Corvette Club or CCC will indeed be organizing a couple of santioned Solo 1 events this year , at Toronto Motorsport Park in July I think. Although they are a small club they bring a good number of cars to Solo 1. Their Z06s, in particular, seem to love the tracks we run.

+Quote Post
George
post Feb 3 2005, 01:41 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 330

QUOTE (Dave B @ Jan 30 2005, 09:40 AM)
I see our cars as being much more suited to race track use than parking lots.

That's my view of it as well although the DDT is a bit tight in places particularly when they're just using half of it.

The TFBM S2 events were pretty good last year as the courses were well suited to the bigger cars. Apart from it being a day out with the car though I don't really enjoy S2 that much; neither does my car for that matter.

There was some discussion on the TFBM list about holding a lap day and school this year. I suggested that those who were intersted should just approach OMSC about attending one of the OMSC/Ian Law events because everything was already in place but I havn't heard anything more about it.

It would be nice to get a few people from the Toronto and London clubs to attend at a lap day / school some time early in the season. I think that would work well for those who have track experience as well those interested in trying it for the first time.

+Quote Post
Dave B
post Feb 3 2005, 02:51 AM
Post #15

Dave B

George, the Ford guys ( SVT club I think) rent the grand prix track at Mosport once a year for a lapping day but it has to be mid week as the track is fully booked otherwise. GM products are not allowed (guess they were too afraid of being shown up). Maybe the various F body clubs would be interested in that sort of thing. Might allow a few vettes as well.

BTW we did get a few more F bodies out for the Solo 1 school at the Mosport Grand Prix track but this year it will be a school on Saturday and Solo 1 championship event on Sunday. The Solo 1 series also has a weekend booked in late Aug at the new Calabogie track (5Km and about 20 turns, 1 hour west of Ottawa).

+Quote Post
George
post Feb 5 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #16

Dave, I think that to get people from the various f-body clubs together at a lap day in significant numbers it would need to be held on a weekend and have a school componant with track time split between two groups so that both experienced and inexperienced people will attend. I doubt that very many of them can attend at midweek events with work and so on.

As you may already know, TLC has the GP Track booked for lap days on May 23 and Oct.22. Last time out with them it cost me $250 for the day and I think that included membership in their club.

+Quote Post
torontoZ28
post Feb 5 2005, 02:25 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 543

QUOTE (Dave B @ Jan 30 2005, 11:40 AM)
I belong to the Oshawa Motorsport Club (which actually meets in Whitby) but we have some reasonably strong ties with TFBM especially when it come to lapping days at Mosport DDT and Solo 2 . OTOH I can't seem to convince more than 1 or 2 of those guys to bring their cars out to compete at the track in Solo 1. Personally I see our cars as being much more suited to race track use than parking lots.

The Competition Corvette Club or CCC will indeed be organizing a couple of santioned Solo 1 events this year , at Toronto Motorsport Park in July I think. Although they are a small club they bring a good number of cars to Solo 1. Their Z06s, in particular, seem to love the tracks we run.

Hi Dave,

I remember you telling me about Solo 1 in ontario in a posting I had about getting a panhard rod. I just sent in my membership fees for OMSC today! Look forward to meeting other local f-body guys this season.

(first event will be on april 22nd)

Mike.

+Quote Post
Dave B
post Feb 5 2005, 03:34 AM
Post #18

Dave B

Mike, OMSC will be running a Solo 1 information night at the Whitby Yacht Club on Tues Mar 1. This is just to give people an idea about what Solo 1 is and why to run it. For more info on how to get there check out www.OMSC.ca

George , who is TLC? That is a great price. Checked out Dexter Day prices lately??

+Quote Post
George
post Feb 5 2005, 04:52 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Dave B @ Feb 4 2005, 09:34 PM)
George , who is TLC? That is a great price. Checked out Dexter Day prices lately??

Here's the link regarding TLC. Who or what is Dexter?

http://racing.kos.net/soloforums/showthrea...p?threadid=4907

+Quote Post
Dave B
post Feb 5 2005, 06:02 PM
Post #20

Dave B

Howard Dexter is a porsche driving dentist from Mississauga who has arranged 4-5 lapping days per year at Mosport mainly as well as Shannonville and St Jovite. Usually they are on a Friday before a Porsche club weekend. The cars that attend vary from average to quite spectacular, i.e. various Ferraris, lambos and high end Porshes. Unfortunately the drivers vary from professional level all the way down to rank beginner. It seems to me there are no run groups per se and almost every time there seems to be at least 1 car coming off on a flat bed. They use paid marshalls but no one pays any attention to the blue flags. Despite being sponsored and having an entry fee of $400 or more he usually claims to just break even. In comparison the Solo 1 wkend at Mosport was $395 for 2 days, paid marshalls instruction and supper included on Saturday and timed runs on Sunday as well as lapping.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:40 PM