IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Unbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.comSolo PerformanceUMI PerformanceHotpart.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Modified Vehicle Insurance, Where to go
StanIROCZ
post Jul 13 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #1

Veteran Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,144

I glanced through my progressive policy and it goes through the lists of modifications that would make your coverage null and void. My vehicle breaks most every rule.

So I am looking for companies that will cover me. My agent couldn't help me out initially. Then I found Hagerty. I haven't been "approved" yet, which makes me kind of nervious since they were asking me if I drive the car to work and if the car is parked in a private garage while at work etc. No my car doesn't sit in a private inclosed garage while at work are you kidding me? They gave me what I felt was a very good quote, $509 / year for 15k vehicle coverage with 250k Single Limit (Bodily Injury & Property Damage). $426 with lesser coverage. But like I said, I haven't been approved yet. And they want pictures of the interior, which is torn apart at the moment.

Any other companies that offer coverage for modified vehicles? Google directs me to some companies in the UK and Au which seems sketchy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 13 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #2

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

Good luck. I'm interested in the same thing myself. State Farm (who have always been more than fair on prices) have decided to charge me $59 a month to insure my 3rd gen, and that's with no coverage on the car, just coverage in case I hit someone. I have really high limits, but good grief, it will see less than 300 miles on the street per year. they wanted another $15 a month to cover the car, but I figured they'd total it and then they'd want the car (and for what they'd give me, that's not going to happen).

+Quote Post
CJ-TA
post Jul 13 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 905

I have "STP" coverage from Heacockclassics.com

storage, transit & paddock coverage. No street time.

$15k coverage is $251/yr

I'm required to not have the car tagged.

I just wanted something that would cover theft...

I had Hagerty for about 2 years before that... they dropped me because I was under 30. (wtf?) My rates were similar to yours, but, I had an agreed value of $25k.

I had to sign a waiver stating that I wouldn't race the car, and that I knew that I wasn't covered at any race events.. racing or not. They asked for a LOT of pictures. I think I ended up sending about 30.

Thats when I was driving the car to and from my track events.

This post has been edited by CJ-TA: Jul 13 2007, 05:17 PM

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Jul 13 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #4

Veteran Member

QUOTE (CJ-TA @ Jul 13 2007, 01:11 PM) *

minimum age is 30. I'm 27 (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
BumpaD_Z28
post Jul 14 2007, 02:29 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,416

try grundy also....

I run Hagerty on one car and grundy on the other....

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Jul 14 2007, 02:59 AM
Post #6

Veteran Member

QUOTE (BumpaD_Z28 @ Jul 13 2007, 10:29 PM) *
try grundy also....

I run Hagerty on one car and grundy on the other....

Thanks, submitted quote. Price so far is better than Hagerty.

+Quote Post
CJ-TA
post Jul 14 2007, 04:28 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 905

QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Jul 13 2007, 01:51 PM) *

minimum age is 30. I'm 27 (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Uhum.. I better not let them know I'm 29!

Hagerty was 30... Heacock never asked for my age!

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Jul 21 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #8

Veteran Member

QUOTE (CJ-TA @ Jul 14 2007, 12:28 AM) *
QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Jul 13 2007, 01:51 PM) *

Uhum.. I better not let them know I'm 29!

Hagerty was 30... Heacock never asked for my age!

Maybe I should call them??? I filled out an online Ap that said it no one under 30 (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/gr_confused.gif)

Grundy denied me since I drive to work 2x/ mo.

I need pics of my interior so that Hagerty can finally deny me... hopefully not...

Getting my new driveshaft Monday so I'll be able to (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/gr_driving3.gif) if I get insurance.

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Jul 23 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #9

Veteran Member

QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Jul 21 2007, 02:03 PM) *
I need pics of my interior so that Hagerty can finally deny me... hopefully not...

Rejected since I drive to work 2x/ mo.

I called Hagerty and said, ok, I won’t drive to work will you accept me now?

Nope. Wait 6 months to a year and try again.

Please?

No.

I’m trying Grundy again. This time I know the right answers. FYI the correct answer to the “do you drive the vehicle to work” question is NO. NEVER! NOT EVEN ONCE!

If not I go back to Progressive and hope nothing happens, which in my mind kinda defeats the purpose of having insurance.

+Quote Post
BumpaD_Z28
post Jul 23 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,416

SORRY !!! I should have given you some tips beforehand....

BUT I did find another place to try:

http://www.anpac.com/products/p_c/chrome/default.aspx

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Jul 23 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #11

Veteran Member

QUOTE (BumpaD_Z28 @ Jul 23 2007, 10:32 AM) *
SORRY !!! I should have given you some tips beforehand....

BUT I did find another place to try:

http://www.anpac.com/products/p_c/chrome/default.aspx

Thanks. Called them. No coverage in MI (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/banghead.gif)

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Jul 24 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #12

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

The company I have my home owner's and car insurance through, wouldn't insure my trailer, much less the race car.

Heacock quoted me $350/yr to insure the trailer and car from theft, vandalism, and damage while in transit. Basically, if the car was rolling and was damaged, it was not covered. And the CONTENTS of the trailer were not covered ... just the trailer.

The agreed upon price was $15K for the car and $15K for the trailer.

+Quote Post
DRD T-bone
post Jul 25 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #13

Cheesehead!

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Jul 23 2007, 06:56 AM) *
QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Jul 21 2007, 02:03 PM) *

Rejected since I drive to work 2x/ mo.

I called Hagerty and said, ok, I won’t drive to work will you accept me now?

Nope. Wait 6 months to a year and try again.

Please?

No.

I’m trying Grundy again. This time I know the right answers. FYI the correct answer to the “do you drive the vehicle to work” question is NO. NEVER! NOT EVEN ONCE!

If not I go back to Progressive and hope nothing happens, which in my mind kinda defeats the purpose of having insurance.

Wow, 2x per month to work and they rejected you? That's insane! Thanks for the tip, I think I might go through Grundy here soon. One of the guys from the local F-body club is getting his 87' GN insured with them for like $250/year, not bad!

Tony

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Jul 25 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #14

Veteran Member

I called my agent and it looks like he found someone for me for $352. Can't remember the name, but I'll let you know. American ________ .

+Quote Post
UKCamaroSS
post Jul 26 2007, 08:56 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 769

QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Jul 13 2007, 08:21 AM) *
Any other companies that offer coverage for modified vehicles? Google directs me to some companies in the UK and Au which seems sketchy.

Hi,

Not sure which compnay Google directs you to, but I live in the UK (and Italy) and I have my 2000 Camaro SS (very rare car in the UK) insured through Adrianflux. They insure me even though the SS is modified (suspension, wheels, stereo etc) and I was 26 when I bought it. They offer packages for limited mileage use (which I used up until last year.. when I drove to Italy it took me over the limit) and they also insure for track days etc.

Looking at their website, it has a link for "American Visitors" to their site. The link take you here:
http://www.insureme.com/landing.aspx?Refby...6&Type=auto

Perhaps this place can help you in the US....

Good luck,
UKCamaroSS

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Jul 26 2007, 01:10 PM
Post #16

Veteran Member

QUOTE (UKCamaroSS @ Jul 26 2007, 04:56 AM) *
QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Jul 13 2007, 08:21 AM) *

Hi,

Not sure which compnay Google directs you to, but I live in the UK (and Italy) and I have my 2000 Camaro SS (very rare car in the UK) insured through Adrianflux. They insure me even though the SS is modified (suspension, wheels, stereo etc) and I was 26 when I bought it. They offer packages for limited mileage use (which I used up until last year.. when I drove to Italy it took me over the limit) and they also insure for track days etc.

Looking at their website, it has a link for "American Visitors" to their site. The link take you here:
http://www.insureme.com/landing.aspx?Refby...6&Type=auto

Perhaps this place can help you in the US....

Good luck,
UKCamaroSS

Thanks, but I think I'm going to be ok (fingers crossed). They're still waiting on a few things from me and then it should go through.

I've been driving the car on my old Progressive policy this week. Not the most comfortable feeling, but better than nothing.

+Quote Post
wannafbody
post Aug 5 2007, 03:37 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 795

insurance companies are beyond stupid- they won't insure modded vehicles but they'll write home policies for flood areas and houses near cliffs and on beaches.

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post Aug 8 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #18

CMCer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 194

Heacock sent me a quote for physical damage only for the race car. It seems like theft coverage would be mentioned as an option, I found this strange. What are your experiences with these type of companies? Thanks!

+Quote Post
Car Enthusiast
post Aug 10 2007, 02:36 AM
Post #19

Group: Members
Member No.: 479

american family has been great for me (though i think it has been more my agent than anything else)

i was straight up about the car from the get go, told him i had a daily but i would drive the car alot, put it as a secondary vehicle with no milage restrictions or anything else i was very surprised and reminded him extensively that the car is modded. All I had to do was bring the car in for him and he took pictures of it and I was on my way. I actually want to talk to him more about it because it sounds too good to be true. But he has been very upfront about things for me, like when I asked him if he would insure me on a gixxer 1000 looked at me straight in the face and said with your record not for a long time. Didn't hurt my feelings as I have a few dings on my license with not much experience with bikes

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:45 PM