IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.comUMI PerformanceSolo Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blaine Fab Koni hat tool, now available
Blainefab
post Sep 18 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #1

I build race cars

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 874

The Blaine Fab Koni tool is in stock again - I cut down a good brand (this batch is Williams) impact socket and TIG weld it to a 23" long length of 1.5" DOM rollbar tubing, and drill a hole on the handle to hang it up.

$55 plus shipping, and CA tax for deliveries in CA.

Email me at ablaine (at) cruzio (dot) com or call the shop 831 427-3296 evenings PST

(IMG:http://members.cruzio.com/~ablaine/IMG_0775.JPG)

(IMG:http://members.cruzio.com/~ablaine/IMG_0776.JPG)

This post has been edited by Blainefab: May 24 2010, 11:08 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Sep 18 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #2

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

Alan, I'll probably be in touch shortly. I should add one of those to my collection "for next time....if ever". I'm guessing these have been "tested" and there's not an issue with the socket spreading under load?

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post Sep 18 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (trackbird @ Sep 18 2006, 10:33 AM) *
Alan, I'll probably be in touch shortly. I should add one of those to my collection "for next time....if ever". I'm guessing these have been "tested" and there's not an issue with the socket spreading under load?

That's what my solution was....except I used a "cheap old socket" found in the bottom of the junk tool drawer for the socket end......I never had an issue with spreading....

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Sep 18 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #4

I build race cars

Member No.: 874

QUOTE (trackbird @ Sep 18 2006, 10:33 AM) *

I use a good impact socket so has plenty of meat supporting the hex. I sold one to JWL several years ago and assume it's been in service, he hasn't commented. I did loosen the nuts on a new set of Konis (they get the nut on there very very tight) with that one before shipping it.

I did recheck fit on this new one on my car - dropping the snap ring/CO sleeve/spring/bump stop down all the way I was able to get it onto the nut with it on the car - useful to spin the hat around if the adjuster slot ends up in a bad place.

I smooth out the ID of the socket to help avoid nicking the shock shaft hard plating

It is guaranteed for life (mine).

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Sep 18 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #5

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

I'll call you in the next few days (before I get busy and forget).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:31 PM