IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Blaine Fabrication.comUMI PerformanceHotpart.comSolo PerformanceUnbalanced Engineering
> Thunderhill CCW Bypass, June 2, 2007 with NASA HPDE3
DanKeen
post Jun 4 2007, 06:29 AM
Post #1

Blimey, something completely different...

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 132

Just a short clip of my fastest lap from yesterday. Still a slow street car, but she sure is fun!

ChaseCam mount on the hood - unfortunately some wire has gone loose in the camera, so it only records in black and white now (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I should talk to Randy about that and see what I can do. Panasonic DMC-LZ7 mounted to an IO/Port mount on the roll bar pointing at me - way overkill in resolution at the moment for filming my steering wheel, but technology sure has changed since I started recording a few years ago - this records at 848x480 to SD cards. A 2GB card (which is its max) will just handle a session. 1/4 the size and less than that in weight than my chasecam recording gear (old Sony Digital 8), no moving parts, and I can dump the contents to the laptop in 4 minutes. Sooo much better. If only it took video in as well =)

Hood camera is mounted on the right side, so video is offset. If it looks like I'm missing a left apex, I probably am, but not by as much as you think (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Chasing down an Evo that's on mild R-compound tires. A couple clear mess ups on my part, so I have the potential of a 2:11, I think (he brakes way earlier than I do, and that was messing up some of my corner entries).

Enjoy! I'll put up a nicer video with text sometime within the next few days - it's been a long time since I put effort into my vids!

Thunderhill CCW Bypass 2:13

D
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
DanKeen   Thunderhill CCW Bypass   Jun 4 2007, 06:29 AM
Blainefab   Dan - Nice video! I especially like the hands ...   Jun 4 2007, 12:21 PM
DanKeen   Awesome analysis, Alan! Thanks! Re: the ...   Jun 4 2007, 02:58 PM
DanKeen   Sorry for the delayed thorough response. yay work...   Jun 6 2007, 11:21 PM
DanKeen   Spent a few hours writing a quick little plugin fo...   Jun 7 2007, 06:44 AM

« Next Oldest · Track Videos · Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:33 AM