IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Solo PerformanceUMI PerformanceUnbalanced EngineeringHotpart.comBlaine Fabrication.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pulling the dash on a 99 Trans Am????
ledfoot2
post Apr 6 2008, 10:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 219

I am tearing out everything that doesn't make me faster. Does anyone have tips or instructions on pulling out the dash on a 99 Trans Am? I will also have all the parts, except for the instrument cluster, for sale, if anyone is interested.

Thanks guys, this site is very helpful.

AIX here I come!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bsim
post Apr 7 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #2

Race Driver

Member No.: 205

Take off all the bezels and panels, then the top pad.

Take of the wheel and drop the column down to the end of the threads (don't let it hang unsupported).

You have to reach down from the top to remove the connector off the back of the instruments in front of the driver, then remove the gauge pod.

Disconnect the pass. airbag and the remaining wiring/sensor connections. The hard one is the big bundle that goes across the top of the instrument panel, it's pretty thick and held in place.

There's a series of bolts across the top, lower center, and the lower outsides.

This is from memory a couple years ago, but it's close.

+Quote Post
ledfoot2
post Apr 7 2008, 12:29 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 219

QUOTE (bsim @ Apr 6 2008, 07:05 PM) *
Take off all the bezels and panels, then the top pad.

Take of the wheel and drop the column down to the end of the threads (don't let it hang unsupported).

You have to reach down from the top to remove the connector off the back of the instruments in front of the driver, then remove the gauge pod.

Disconnect the pass. airbag and the remaining wiring/sensor connections. The hard one is the big bundle that goes across the top of the instrument panel, it's pretty thick and held in place.

There's a series of bolts across the top, lower center, and the lower outsides.

This is from memory a couple years ago, but it's close.

Thanks for the info. Any other tips?

+Quote Post
NataSS Inc
post Apr 23 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (ledfoot2 @ Apr 6 2008, 05:29 PM) *
Thanks for the info. Any other tips?

don't bang on the airbags. they don't like that. If your planning on taking out al the HVAC, do it the first time around. there is a ton of dead weight back there. Between sound deadener, HVAC, Stereo, rubber mat, you should pull quite a bit out. I know when I gutted mine, I was prety shocked at the amount of crap I had piled up in the box when I got done.

You also need to remember that once you yank stuff out of there, you will be able to hear alot more stuff going on with the car. Squeeks, rattles etc. don't let it bug you, its normal without all the material there.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:26 AM