IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Unbalanced EngineeringSolo PerformanceHotpart.comBlaine Fabrication.comUMI Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tenative ship date for 2nd Brake GP, If the shop stays on course.
trackbird
post Dec 28 2004, 11:37 PM
Post #1

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

It appears that Bob will be sending me the brackets for the #2 GP on Jan. 14th (give or take a day or two). This is if the shop keeps to the current schedule and everything continues as planned. I'll post more info as we get closer and the date becomes more final.

I just wanted to give an update, I know some of you are wondering. Sorry for the delay, we were stuck behind a few other jobs at the CNC shop.

Thanks,

Kevin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lt99ls1
post Jan 3 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #2

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 489

WOOT!

+Quote Post
kgkern01
post Jan 12 2005, 02:50 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 28

So, just wondering, is everything still on schedule?

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jan 12 2005, 03:03 AM
Post #4

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (kgkern01 @ Jan 11 2005, 09:50 PM)
So, just wondering, is everything still on schedule?

I've not heard otherwise. I'll double check though.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jan 12 2005, 03:30 AM
Post #5

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Looks like they should ship to me in the next couple days and I'll get them out as soon as possible after that.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
lateapex
post Jan 14 2005, 06:22 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

Hi all,

If everything stayed on the revised schedule, I was to ship the brake adaptor brackets to Kevin today. Well, I have been doing QC since I picked up the brackets from the anodizer. The good news: the machine shop got every dimension of each bracket machined within tolerance. In the last QC step, I bolt up each bracket to a GM wheel bearing assembly. Unfortunately, I am finding that MANY of the 10mm bracket mounting holes were inadequately plugged by the anodizer, and the 10mm ARP bolts (which are about .0025” larger in diameter than normal 10mm bolts) are not fitting in the holes.

So today I am re-machining many of the holes. I have made wooden template for the vice so as not to scratch the pretty anodizing. They will all be done in a couple of hours, but that will not leave me time to pack the bracket boxes and master cartons and get to FedEx before closing. So I plan to ship to Kevin on Monday the 17th.

Sorry for the delay. I wanted to post this myself so no one blamed Kevin for the later shipping date.

Bob Bishop

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jan 14 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #7

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Thanks for the update Bob! I appreciate your QC efforts and taking a moment to fix the issues for us.

+Quote Post
bruecksteve
post Jan 14 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #8

Really Old Corner Carver

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 21

Another update...

Today was the first day to really lay on the new brakes.... I'm still trying to put my eyeballs back in my head. The ABS works, I know that much. Also, don't even bother with doing this upgrade unless you have bigger/stickier tires on the car. I had my street 315's on today for the first time and I think you need at least a 315 size tire to really get the full benefit. I was able to easily get into the (slooooowwww cycling) ABS (which I think I might disconnect) . My old 275's would be much worse.

But anyway, I LOVE THEM!!!!!!

Thanks again Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jan 14 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #9

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (bruecksteve @ Jan 14 2005, 04:47 PM)
Another update...

Today was the first day to really lay on the new brakes.... I'm still trying to put my eyeballs back in my head. The ABS works, I know that much. Also, don't even bother with doing this upgrade unless you have bigger/stickier tires on the car. I had my street 315's on today for the first time and I think you need at least a 315 size tire to really get the full benefit. I was able to easily get into the (slooooowwww cycling) ABS (which I think I might disconnect) . My old 275's would be much worse.

But anyway, I LOVE THEM!!!!!!

Thanks again Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

Sweet!!!

+Quote Post
lt99ls1
post Jan 17 2005, 01:14 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (lateapex @ Jan 14 2005, 12:22 PM)
Hi all,

If everything stayed on the revised schedule, I was to ship the brake adaptor brackets to Kevin today. Well, I have been doing QC since I picked up the brackets from the anodizer. The good news: the machine shop got every dimension of each bracket machined within tolerance. In the last QC step, I bolt up each bracket to a GM wheel bearing assembly. Unfortunately, I am finding that MANY of the 10mm bracket mounting holes were inadequately plugged by the anodizer, and the 10mm ARP bolts (which are about .0025” larger in diameter than normal 10mm bolts) are not fitting in the holes.

So today I am re-machining many of the holes. I have made wooden template for the vice so as not to scratch the pretty anodizing. They will all be done in a couple of hours, but that will not leave me time to pack the bracket boxes and master cartons and get to FedEx before closing. So I plan to ship to Kevin on Monday the 17th.

Sorry for the delay. I wanted to post this myself so no one blamed Kevin for the later shipping date.

Bob Bishop

Thanks for checking every detail of fit and finish. You could teach some companys what it means to make after market parts that fit!

+Quote Post
lt99ls1
post Jan 20 2005, 07:54 PM
Post #11

Has the shop stayed on course? I am pacing the floors waiting to put some good binders on the front of my z28 and then :drive: . the little 383 need more stopping power!

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jan 21 2005, 03:44 AM
Post #12

FRRAX Owner/Admin

I got the boxes from Bob today. I plan to get them labeled this weekend and drop them at Fedex on Monday.

Thanks Guys!

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jan 23 2005, 02:07 AM
Post #13

FRRAX Owner/Admin

http://frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?act=ST&f=6&t=3467

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:49 AM