IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Solo PerformanceUMI PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comHotpart.comUnbalanced Engineering

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2 setss of 17x11 50mm offset replicas, trade for 36mm offset or sell outright
marka
post Mar 14 2008, 06:50 PM
Post #1

Experienced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 896

Howdy,

I'm going back to ESP this year, and my current wheel/spacer setup of 50mm offset replicas with 5/16" spacers isn't going to work. Rather than making another custom set of 1/2" wheel spacers, I figured the smarter choice would be to get rid of my 50mm offset wheels and get 36mm offset versions.

As such... I'd like to trade my current replicas for 36mm versions or sell them outright.

One set is an older set of silver AFS replicas that I got from Kevin. I think these are the lighter ones at ~25 lbs, but I can check one if you really want me to.

The other set is a set of OE Concepts black w/silver lip replicas I bought last year. They weigh 27.36 lbs ea (weighed by me).

Anyone got anything to trade or interested in an outright sale?

Mark
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kbender13
post Mar 14 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,032

I've got a set of 36mm offset AFS replicas that I'm considering getting rid of, but I don't need any 50mm wheels.

They are only 2 years old and currently have Hoosier A6's mounted with about 5 events on them.

Let me know if you're interested.

Karl

+Quote Post
killer_bluebird
post Mar 14 2008, 08:38 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,010

QUOTE (marka @ Mar 14 2008, 12:50 PM) *
Howdy,

I'm going back to ESP this year, and my current wheel/spacer setup of 50mm offset replicas with 5/16" spacers isn't going to work. Rather than making another custom set of 1/2" wheel spacers, I figured the smarter choice would be to get rid of my 50mm offset wheels and get 36mm offset versions.

As such... I'd like to trade my current replicas for 36mm versions or sell them outright.

One set is an older set of silver AFS replicas that I got from Kevin. I think these are the lighter ones at ~25 lbs, but I can check one if you really want me to.

The other set is a set of OE Concepts black w/silver lip replicas I bought last year. They weigh 27.36 lbs ea (weighed by me).

Mark

Hey Mark, I may be interested, how much do you want for them? If I don't take them my friend Bob will. Lets talk about them, since I may be running my wife's stock Z28, if I sell my bird. At least until I get something else.

thanks,
Alexander

+Quote Post
DuluthSVO
post Mar 14 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,130

QUOTE (killer_bluebird @ Mar 14 2008, 03:38 PM) *
QUOTE (marka @ Mar 14 2008, 12:50 PM) *
Howdy,

Mark

Hey Mark, I may be interested, how much do you want for them? If I don't take them my friend Bob will. Lets talk about them, since I may be running my wife's stock Z28, if I sell my bird. At least until I get something else.

thanks,
Alexander

I have a set of silver AFS replicas in the 36mm offset and I'd either look at buying yours outright or swapping your 50mm for mine. Let me know if you don't work something out with the other folks. DuluthSVO

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Mar 14 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #5

North of the border

Group: Admin
Member No.: 177

Denis might be interested in the 17x11s black w/ silver lip.
Let me talk to him on the weekend.
btw, how much you thinking on selling them for ?

edit: not using any dibs on wheels... Denis won't be taking them.

+Quote Post
Applejack
post Mar 15 2008, 01:27 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 843

I'd be interested in the black 17x11's if the guys above end up not wanting them. As with the rest of the guys, please post an asking price for both sets.

On edit: I'd really be interested in either set. Mark, can you clarify if you have a Camaro or Firebird? I should probably know but I'm relatively new to ESP.

This post has been edited by Applejack: Mar 15 2008, 01:32 AM

+Quote Post
Chris Ronson Jr
post Mar 15 2008, 01:33 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,590

would like to know a price on the 50mm offset 17x11s...i don't care which color (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
marka
post Mar 15 2008, 02:39 AM
Post #8

Experienced Member

Howdy,

QUOTE (Applejack @ Mar 14 2008, 09:27 PM) *
I'd be interested in the black 17x11's if the guys above end up not wanting them. As with the rest of the guys, please post an asking price for both sets.

On edit: I'd really be interested in either set. Mark, can you clarify if you have a Camaro or Firebird? I should probably know but I'm relatively new to ESP.

I've got a camaro. The 50mm wheels work fine with spacers, but at the offsets I think I'm going to need to run to be 'legal' in ESP, I think I'd rather run 36mm wheels with no spacers and deal with any outside fender issues I might have... I can do anything I want to the outside fender.

Once I know for sure what's happening in terms of possible trades, I'll post up pictures and asking prices if I end up buying 36mm wheels outright. My overall goal is to have this be as near a zero sum swap as possible.

Mark

(unless, of course, you have some nice lightweight 17x11's and you want to get some money & a set of replicas... :-)

+Quote Post
souseless
post Mar 15 2008, 03:04 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 158

I need a set of 17x11s and I am not particularly concerned about 36 or 50 since I will need wheel adapters either way to fit them to my third gen. So however this works out if anyone has 17x11 AFS or lighter wheels i'm in.

+Quote Post
Chris Ronson Jr
post Mar 21 2008, 04:41 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,590

any update here?

+Quote Post
marka
post Mar 21 2008, 01:28 PM
Post #11

Experienced Member

Howdy,

I've picked up one set of 36mm offset rims and have a deal setup for another set, but haven't completed it yet.

I've got a potential local buyer for the OE rims, but haven't heard from him for a few days or so... I'll give him a little time before I thinking about dealing with shipping.

Assuming the other deal happens, I'll have a set of AFS 50mm replicas for sale, but that won't be until after I get the other set of rims.

Mark

+Quote Post
mustbnutz
post Mar 23 2008, 01:08 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 60

Interested in either set of the 50 mm wheels.
Can pick them up. What is your price?

+Quote Post
marka
post Mar 30 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #13

Experienced Member

Howdy,

Ok, back to the top. I've got my 36mm offset wheels now, and the black OE Wheels set of 50mm offset replicas is sold, pending pickup Monday.

I have a remaining set of silver 17x11, 50mm offset, AFS replicas. According to our baby scale, these are the AFS version that's 25.4 lbs per wheel.

I'd like to get $500 for the set, picked up at my house south of Youngstown, OH. Barring that, $500 plus actual shipping costs. Wheels have cone marks and some brake dust, but are otherwise good to go.

Let me know!

Mark

+Quote Post
mustbnutz
post Mar 31 2008, 12:52 AM
Post #14

Mark,
I responded to your PM. I'll take them.
Mike

+Quote Post
pascoz28
post Mar 31 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 2,120

Mark, FYI...I ran the 36.5mm offset AFS 17x11s with 315 V710s on the rear of my 96 Z28 (Strano springs/Koni's/PHB) yesterday and there was NO rubbing of any sort. I ran the car through some serious manuevers and over speed bumps and couldn't get the tires to rub. Koni's were set to full soft in the rear, as well.

Don't know if my car is an anomaly or what, but it worked flawlessly. On a side note, I purchased some 17x9.5 ZR1 replicas in et56mm from Tomzwheels and ran them with 275 V710s last year and they rubbed horribly. I ended up having to grind my bumpstops back and some minor hammering on the fenderwells to make them work. That may have helped the 315s work but there is PLENTY of clearance everywhere...even if I hadn't done the 'mods'.

+Quote Post
mustbnutz
post Apr 6 2008, 10:38 PM
Post #16

Mark,
I'm scheduled to be in Pittsburgh 4/16. If it is convenient for you, I'll plan to come to your place that evening and get the wheels on my way home. I'll bring cash to pay as we discussed. Please email me the address and I'll get set on directions.
I'm out of town for work all this week, but you can reach me on my cell phone any time 814 440 3800.
Mike

This post has been edited by mustbnutz: Apr 6 2008, 10:39 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:18 PM