IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hotpart.comUMI PerformanceUnbalanced EngineeringSolo PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.com
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2001 SOM Camaro SS M6
trackbird
post Sep 18 2013, 02:31 AM
Post #1

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

The highlights of the original ad are quoted here:

Bought the car from the cars first owner who was in his 70's. He died from a stroke. My intent was to make it a track car taking students for training rides on a sport car course. Never happened. Spent too much time on my race car. I bought hardware to do this and I'll include it with the car. If parts are not wanted we can talk less $$ for car.

Adjustable coil overs for front.
Shorter rear springs
Adjustable panard bar [ need when rear is lowered ]
4 New shocks [ already installed ]

I bought the car 6 years ago with 28K miles on the car, it now has 32K miles. Since I have owned it it has been run with Mobil 1 oil. In fact I just changed the oil and filter a week ago.

Kellys Blue Book lists the car for $12.6K

Starting in 2001 all LS1 engines came with LS6 [ again corvette ] intake manifolds without an EGR system.
Advertised HP raised from 310 to 325's with the SS options which is what the car is. Actually probably higher because GM has been know to lie on HP of performance cars.
All 6 speed cars had the corvette ZO 6 clutches.
At 70 MPH on highway with cruise the car gets 26 MPG. Difficult to believe but engine is only turning around 1750 RPM's.
I took the chrome SS wheels off to keep them nice and have corvette wheels on ; both come with the car.

I want $12K for the car and parts. Less if you don't want the parts. I've discounted the price already so don't offer less. I don't ask more than I want so you feel like you got a better deal by talking me down. Ask Pat if you don't believe me.

Price the similar cars on line and you find them priced much more than $12K. I blew two engines in my race car and need $$$$$ for winter rebuild/upgrade for the 2013 season.

I have put approximately 2k miles on this car. Since I purchased it I've done a tune up (plugs, wires and fuel filter) since it didn't run well at all when I picked it up (it runs fantastic now) and I've added an SLP "lid", SLP "SS" floor mats, SLP front license plate bracket, Hellwig 22mm hollow adjustable rear sway bar (to go with the front 35mm bar on the car) and a Spohn strut tower brace. The car also has a Hooker cat back exhaust on it that's in excellent condition (and sounds great without being too loud). (I've likely put over $700 in it since buying it).

It still includes the front upper control arms, rear springs, coil over parts and chrome SS wheels ("ZR1's" with SS center caps, it's currently wearing '91 Corvette "sawblades"). I'll throw in the 5 point Sparco cam lock harness (expired) if you want it. I have a box of monsoon speakers to fix the blown front speakers (I never got around to it, but I have the parts). I have stock a car cover and the Decarbon rear shocks and you can have those too. I have a stock PHB for the car, it's included and I'm sure there's more.

For an extra cost I have a set of new trackbrackets and virtually all the parts for the conversion (add PAB's and brake hoses and you're there). I also have an assortment of front and rear sway bars for a 4th gen, if you need/want other bars we can talk about that too.

$12k
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bubba353z
post Sep 19 2013, 02:38 PM
Post #2

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 410

Dare I ask why?

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Sep 19 2013, 03:06 PM
Post #3

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (bubba353z @ Sep 19 2013, 10:38 AM) *
Dare I ask why?

Short answer, had enough of car projects the other night after fighting with the Corvette. Working on stuff isn't as much fun as it used to be and trying to get the Corvette done has me thinking that I need more space or fewer cars.

And....(longer answer):

We are wanting to start looking at property and I don't really need the second project car (and we're shooting enough matches these days that I don't need so many expensive hobbies/projects). It's fun and it's running spectacularly well. It's been fun to drive another LSx F-body for a while (and I always wanted a Sunset Orange SS). The front Koni's are going to be nearly $800, rears are a couple hundred more. Shifter, fidanza flywheel and Centerforce clutch (while I'm in there), plus springs and rear suspension parts. My plan is to set it up just like my 2002 Z28 (which had all of those things) and I don't know if I want to dedicate the money to this on top of the million dollars I have in the Corvette (which might just get finished after all). I considered parting out the Corvette, but figured it was easier to sell this one (more marketable).

So, it doesn't have to leave...but if a buyer pops up I'll send it to a new home (I may finish the Corvette and sell it too if a buyer comes along).

+Quote Post
bubba353z
post Sep 19 2013, 04:05 PM
Post #4

I kinda wish I had the space for it - I really like that color, and it would be fun.....

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Sep 19 2013, 05:58 PM
Post #5

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (bubba353z @ Sep 19 2013, 12:05 PM) *
I kinda wish I had the space for it - I really like that color, and it would be fun.....

You should buy it. You KNOW you want one! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Besides, it's your turn to buy a Camaro from me. I bought yours the last time. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/drink.gif)

+Quote Post
bubba353z
post Sep 20 2013, 02:18 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (trackbird @ Sep 19 2013, 01:58 PM) *
QUOTE (bubba353z @ Sep 19 2013, 12:05 PM) *

You should buy it. You KNOW you want one! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Besides, it's your turn to buy a Camaro from me. I bought yours the last time. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/drink.gif)

Yeah, but look how that turned out....

+Quote Post
Ojustracing
post Sep 20 2013, 03:06 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (trackbird @ Sep 17 2013, 09:31 PM) *
The highlights of the original ad are quoted here:

Bought the car from the cars first owner who was in his 70's. He died from a stroke. My intent was to make it a track car taking students for training rides on a sport car course. Never happened. Spent too much time on my race car. I bought hardware to do this and I'll include it with the car. If parts are not wanted we can talk less $$ for car.

Adjustable coil overs for front.
Shorter rear springs
Adjustable panard bar [ need when rear is lowered ]
4 New shocks [ already installed ]

I bought the car 6 years ago with 28K miles on the car, it now has 32K miles. Since I have owned it it has been run with Mobil 1 oil. In fact I just changed the oil and filter a week ago.

Kellys Blue Book lists the car for $12.6K

Starting in 2001 all LS1 engines came with LS6 [ again corvette ] intake manifolds without an EGR system.
Advertised HP raised from 310 to 325's with the SS options which is what the car is. Actually probably higher because GM has been know to lie on HP of performance cars.
All 6 speed cars had the corvette ZO 6 clutches.
At 70 MPH on highway with cruise the car gets 26 MPG. Difficult to believe but engine is only turning around 1750 RPM's.
I took the chrome SS wheels off to keep them nice and have corvette wheels on ; both come with the car.

I want $12K for the car and parts. Less if you don't want the parts. I've discounted the price already so don't offer less. I don't ask more than I want so you feel like you got a better deal by talking me down. Ask Pat if you don't believe me.

Price the similar cars on line and you find them priced much more than $12K. I blew two engines in my race car and need $$$$$ for winter rebuild/upgrade for the 2013 season.

I have put approximately 2k miles on this car. Since I purchased it I've done a tune up (plugs, wires and fuel filter) since it didn't run well at all when I picked it up (it runs fantastic now) and I've added an SLP "lid", SLP "SS" floor mats, SLP front license plate bracket, Hellwig 22mm hollow adjustable rear sway bar (to go with the front 35mm bar on the car) and a Spohn strut tower brace. The car also has a Hooker cat back exhaust on it that's in excellent condition (and sounds great without being too loud). (I've likely put over $700 in it since buying it).

It still includes the front upper control arms, rear springs, coil over parts and chrome SS wheels ("ZR1's" with SS center caps, it's currently wearing '91 Corvette "sawblades"). I'll throw in the 5 point Sparco cam lock harness (expired) if you want it. I have a box of monsoon speakers to fix the blown front speakers (I never got around to it, but I have the parts). I have stock a car cover and the Decarbon rear shocks and you can have those too. I have a stock PHB for the car, it's included and I'm sure there's more.

For an extra cost I have a set of new trackbrackets and virtually all the parts for the conversion (add PAB's and brake hoses and you're there). I also have an assortment of front and rear sway bars for a 4th gen, if you need/want other bars we can talk about that too.

$12k

Kevin you really had to go and post this. Did you really know I was looking for a new ride to fill my new man cave and from someone I know!!! I've been working my ass off in this beautiful place we call Afghanistan. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/drink.gif)

John

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Sep 20 2013, 10:55 AM
Post #8

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (Ojustracing @ Sep 19 2013, 11:06 PM) *
Kevin you really had to go and post this. Did you really know I was looking for a new ride to fill my new man cave and from someone I know!!! I've been working my ass off in this beautiful place we call Afghanistan. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/drink.gif)

John

I had no idea. Keep your head down over there and be safe!

Keep me posted.

Kevin

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Oct 3 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #9

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Still for sale.

+Quote Post
DanielB
post Oct 16 2013, 05:33 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 141,710

I might have missed it, but do you have any interior shots?

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Oct 16 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #11

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (DanielB @ Oct 16 2013, 01:33 PM) *

Yes. I can try to add them later tonight.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Oct 17 2013, 02:53 AM
Post #12

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (trackbird @ Oct 16 2013, 03:52 PM) *
QUOTE (DanielB @ Oct 16 2013, 01:33 PM) *

Yes. I can try to add them later tonight.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Oct 23 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #13

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Nobody needs a nice SS? I'd like to sell it before it snows and I store it for the winter.

+Quote Post
Jano4
post Nov 14 2013, 06:15 AM
Post #14

Group: Members
Member No.: 223,778

This is very tempting, even though I do not need another Camaro. Did you have any exterior shots?

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Nov 14 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #15

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (Jano4 @ Nov 14 2013, 01:15 AM) *
This is very tempting, even though I do not need another Camaro. Did you have any exterior shots?

It comes with a set of chrome ZR1 wheels (there are no tires on them) so these pics are current and of the car on an old set of Corvette wheels. I can mail higher resolution photos to anyone interested.

+Quote Post
bubba353z
post Nov 14 2013, 05:33 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (trackbird @ Nov 14 2013, 07:41 AM) *
QUOTE (Jano4 @ Nov 14 2013, 01:15 AM) *

It comes with a set of chrome ZR1 wheels (there are no tires on them) so these pics are current and of the car on an old set of Corvette wheels. I can mail higher resolution photos to anyone interested.

I can vouch for it being a nice car - if I had room for it, it might be in my garage.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Nov 14 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #17

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (bubba353z @ Nov 14 2013, 12:33 PM) *
I can vouch for it being a nice car - if I had room for it, it might be in my garage.

Thanks Mike, I can deliver it to your driveway....just say the word!!!

+Quote Post
bubba353z
post Nov 15 2013, 12:05 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (trackbird @ Nov 14 2013, 12:53 PM) *

You can deliver it - I just can't pay for it...... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I'm going to be throwing a ton of money at Linda's truck in the 18-24 months. Need to get it finished.....

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Nov 18 2013, 03:52 AM
Post #19

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (bubba353z @ Nov 14 2013, 07:05 PM) *
QUOTE (trackbird @ Nov 14 2013, 12:53 PM) *

You can deliver it - I just can't pay for it...... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I'm going to be throwing a ton of money at Linda's truck in the 18-24 months. Need to get it finished.....

I understand. I have a Corvette to finish and I'm wanting a 4wd truck (trade in the Jeep). I'm trying to talk the wife into letting me trade this in on a new car for her (and sell off her car). If it doesn't sell I may just trade the SS and the Jeep in for a 4wd pickup. That fixes my "too many cars and not enough parking places" issues all in one shot. I'm really hoping to send it to a good home before I get to that point.

+Quote Post
matt f
post Dec 10 2013, 07:18 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 228

PM sent...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:02 AM