IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Blaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringHotpart.comUMI PerformanceSolo Performance
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monsoon speakers
00 SS
post Jan 2 2021, 12:46 AM
Post #21

Experienced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 197

I'm glad you made it through as well. It can be very bad, I lost a cousin in April to it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jan 2 2021, 05:13 PM
Post #22

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

QUOTE (GCrites80s @ Jan 1 2021, 03:45 PM) *
Wow, glad to see you made it through Covid. Sounds pretty serious if you were in the hospital for a week.

I got through the first week ok (while my wife was quite ill), as we should have been getting over it I finally got a fever and started to feel worse each day. I got a slight fever Friday (my wife was ill Monday night and we were exposed together) and by Tuesday I was off work and doing doctors visits, Wednesday I was in the hospital. They kept me over Thanksgiving and I talked them into letting me out on Saturday night after lots of rounds of IV drugs and plasma and other things. I had a bad case of Pneumonia in both lungs that caused my oxygen levels to plummet. I avoided the ventilator but wound up on oxygen and lots of drugs.

QUOTE (00 SS @ Jan 1 2021, 07:46 PM) *
I'm glad you made it through as well. It can be very bad, I lost a cousin in April to it.

Thanks. I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin. That's becoming an all too common occurrence.

We have been super careful all year. My wife has some health issues that we feared would put her in the hospital if we caught it. Since we weren't going out, we started finishing the basement in July. Some friends have been helping me with it. One friend helped me frame it and hang drywall and we work together too. So he was over every weekend and he was also careful. Another friend grew up doing drywall for a living. He was helping me finish it. He had lunch with his dad who had a "cold" and we can account for 11 people who got it from that lunch. We had done about 6 rounds of drywall finishing together. He wasn't sick when he got here. I don't blame him. We're still friends and going to finish this and hang out. It just highlights the danger of having anybody in your "bubble". It's a gamble, how lucky do you feel?

We are over it and long since through the quarantine period and working on feeling well enough to get back to work on the basement.

Stay safe.

And, yes....I need to go install my speakers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post Jan 2 2021, 08:42 PM
Post #23

Veteran Member

Member No.: 385

QUOTE (trackbird @ Jan 2 2021, 11:13 AM) *
QUOTE (GCrites80s @ Jan 1 2021, 03:45 PM) *
Wow, glad to see you made it through Covid. Sounds pretty serious if you were in the hospital for a week.

I got through the first week ok (while my wife was quite ill), as we should have been getting over it I finally got a fever and started to feel worse each day. I got a slight fever Friday (my wife was ill Monday night and we were exposed together) and by Tuesday I was off work and doing doctors visits, Wednesday I was in the hospital. They kept me over Thanksgiving and I talked them into letting me out on Saturday night after lots of rounds of IV drugs and plasma and other things. I had a bad case of Pneumonia in both lungs that caused my oxygen levels to plummet. I avoided the ventilator but wound up on oxygen and lots of drugs.

QUOTE (00 SS @ Jan 1 2021, 07:46 PM) *

Thanks. I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin. That's becoming an all too common occurrence.

We have been super careful all year. My wife has some health issues that we feared would put her in the hospital if we caught it. Since we weren't going out, we started finishing the basement in July. Some friends have been helping me with it. One friend helped me frame it and hang drywall and we work together too. So he was over every weekend and he was also careful. Another friend grew up doing drywall for a living. He was helping me finish it. He had lunch with his dad who had a "cold" and we can account for 11 people who got it from that lunch. We had done about 6 rounds of drywall finishing together. He wasn't sick when he got here. I don't blame him. We're still friends and going to finish this and hang out. It just highlights the danger of having anybody in your "bubble". It's a gamble, how lucky do you feel?

We are over it and long since through the quarantine period and working on feeling well enough to get back to work on the basement.

Stay safe.

And, yes....I need to go install my speakers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Man, glad to know you're on the mend. Yeah, that's bad sh*t. We haven't been to an autocross event since last March, and were contemplating going tomorrow for the first event of the year, since there's administratively so much more to do the first couple of events. When we were discussing whether or not to go, my codriver noted that 'nothing has changed' WRT the virus or treatment, to which I had to agree. We're older now, and there's no way of knowing how you'll react if you get it, so we're taking the safe route and hiding in the shop doing projects (I've made great progress on the SVO restomod project lately).

My codriver got her first dose of the vaccine on Christmas Eve, but me, nope, just hunkering down. Hopefully, we can make it out in February.

I remember Turbo Toddie having trouble looking for replacement speakers for his black TA many years ago. I don't think there were any viable options then for the Monsoon system. Good to know there are some options now.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jan 3 2021, 07:24 PM
Post #24

FRRAX Owner/Admin

It's been a rough few weeks, but we are doing well now. We've had friends get it and we've seen people who had no symptoms, some who had a "cold", some who felt like they had the flu or bronchitis (and felt pretty awful), all the way up to bad pneumonia and hospital stays (me). These are all people we know first hand (not just stuff we saw on TV).

There are a lot of people who think this is a hoax, and that it won't hurt anybody...and some of them get lucky. Some of them don't, and by the time they find out, it's too late.

+Quote Post
GCrites80s
post Jan 3 2021, 10:08 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 223,855

I had two co-workers that had to go into quarantine during the Christmas rush due to family members coming down with it. We're all pretty worn out after covering their hours. Neither tested positive though.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jan 3 2021, 10:14 PM
Post #26

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (GCrites80s @ Jan 3 2021, 05:08 PM) *
I had two co-workers that had to go into quarantine during the Christmas rush due to family members coming down with it. We're all pretty worn out after covering their hours. Neither tested positive though.

My wife tested positive on a Tuesday (we got the results a few days later). The following Tuesday I was at the doctor with double pneumonia and feeling awful and we knew that I had it....I tested negative. The next morning, I was in the hospital and I tested positive. I don't know how I could have tested negative the first night, but I did...or it wasn't a good test.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:38 PM