IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Solo PerformanceUMI PerformanceHotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> tire info requested
jensend
post Mar 27 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 210

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the RIKEN Raptor ZR tire? Supposedly, these are made by Michelin and seem to get good reviews on Tirerack. The price is so far below the other tires in this category that it seems strange that they would be as good as the ratings. Looking at these in 275 35 18 for street tires for an '02 Z-28.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post Mar 29 2018, 02:30 AM
Post #2

Veteran Member

Member No.: 385

I have nothing useful to add but it’s good to see you’re still around. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

+Quote Post
jensend
post Mar 29 2018, 03:02 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 210

Thanks. Kids have gotten houses and are starting families. Most of my time and discretionary income has gone that way for the past several years. Hoping to get back to the track this season.

+Quote Post
99_ws6
post Mar 30 2018, 01:01 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,824

QUOTE (jensend @ Mar 27 2018, 11:47 AM) *
Wondering if anyone has any experience with the RIKEN Raptor ZR tire? Supposedly, these are made by Michelin and seem to get good reviews on Tirerack. The price is so far below the other tires in this category that it seems strange that they would be as good as the ratings. Looking at these in 275 35 18 for street tires for an '02 Z-28.

I used to run Riken Raptors a few years ago for street/autocross when that was all I could afford. They were decent for street use but not competitive at all in autocross in a street tire class. I moved to the old compound falken rt615k then next year and dropped 2.5 seconds on average (comparing times to a few cars in my class). From what I remember they weren't too loud and with the combo of street and autox lasted about 8000 miles.

also I think this is my first post on the forum though I've been lurking a few years.

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post Mar 31 2018, 04:41 PM
Post #5

Veteran Member

Member No.: 385

QUOTE (99_ws6 @ Mar 29 2018, 08:01 PM) *
QUOTE (jensend @ Mar 27 2018, 11:47 AM) *

I used to run Riken Raptors a few years ago for street/autocross when that was all I could afford. They were decent for street use but not competitive at all in autocross in a street tire class. I moved to the old compound falken rt615k then next year and dropped 2.5 seconds on average (comparing times to a few cars in my class). From what I remember they weren't too loud and with the combo of street and autox lasted about 8000 miles.

also I think this is my first post on the forum though I've been lurking a few years.

It is, and welcome!! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:41 PM