IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Hotpart.comSolo PerformanceUnbalanced EngineeringUMI PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.com
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Camaro Sightings
T.O.Dillinder
post May 6 2009, 02:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,167

On my home from work, I saw three new Camaros headed westbound on I-90. All with in a 10 Min time frame. It was about 20 minutes to 2 PM (early out day today, YEAH!)
The first one and third one were red and being driven. The second one was being trailered and still had the protector vinyl on it.
The looks of the new Camaro have grown on me, but the over 3800 lbs. curb weight and the $ 36,000 (ish) price tag for a V-8 model will keep me away.
I would rather get a Corvette with my Option 1 discount. I can't afford that either, but if I could.....

And I have been kicking myself for selling my 84 Z-28 Camaro. But I had to pay the Doctors.

Just to update you all, I had my Gall Bladder removed six weeks ago, and I got a promotion and a raise at work.
My two youngest sons have earned straight A's for the 3 rd Quarter in school and are maintaining that grade level with the 4 weeks to go for them.

I have no project car at this time. I am looking. But I am not finding what I am looking for.

So I just been zipping around in my Saturn SC2 for now.
God! Does it get great gas milage!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cccbock
post May 6 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,113

QUOTE (T.O.Dillinder @ May 5 2009, 10:48 PM) *
On my home from work, I saw three new Camaros headed westbound on I-90. All with in a 10 Min time frame. It was about 20 minutes to 2 PM (early out day today, YEAH!)
The first one and third one were red and being driven. The second one was being trailered and still had the protector vinyl on it.
The looks of the new Camaro have grown on me, but the over 3800 lbs. curb weight and the $ 36,000 (ish) price tag for a V-8 model will keep me away.
I would rather get a Corvette with my Option 1 discount. I can't afford that either, but if I could.....

And I have been kicking myself for selling my 84 Z-28 Camaro. But I had to pay the Doctors.

Just to update you all, I had my Gall Bladder removed six weeks ago, and I got a promotion and a raise at work.
My two youngest sons have earned straight A's for the 3 rd Quarter in school and are maintaining that grade level with the 4 weeks to go for them.

I have no project car at this time. I am looking. But I am not finding what I am looking for.

Congrats on the job. Most of us are lucky just to have jobs, much less getting promotions.

Great news on the kids
bock

+Quote Post
nape
post May 8 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #3

Veteran Member

Member No.: 540

Great to hear that work, your family, and your health is doing good.

QUOTE (T.O.Dillinder @ May 5 2009, 09:48 PM) *

I love those little Saturns. I took an off-ramp at 50MPH last night (posted 25mph), way faster then I thought it would ('97 SW1). It's like a really cheap Miata with room for hauling stuff and it burns a little oil (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
NU_BLUE
post May 9 2009, 02:50 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 726

Spotted an "orange" SS sitting in front of Wal-Mart the other night. It was the tail lights that gave it away...Nice looking car....I didn't even think they were out yet. I imagine the guy paid a pretty premium for it though.... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post
z28jeff
post May 13 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 917

A small dealer that I drive past everyday has a red RS sitting at the edge of the lot next to the road. I should drive my Camaro to work one day and stop on the way home to check it out. How much do you want to bet it's an automatic? (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
KeithO
post May 13 2009, 02:27 PM
Post #6

Veteran Member

Member No.: 14

Saw a silver one in my local dealership on the showroom floor on my way to work this morning.

+Quote Post
third_shift_stud...
post May 13 2009, 05:39 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,031

saw a gorgeous yellow one driving through my town. I belive it was being test driven. Beutiful car in motion!

+Quote Post
matt f
post May 14 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 228

They're at the local dealers now.

BTW, I was talking w/ Sam Strano yesterday, and he said that actual weight will be nowhere near the weight we're hearing about.

The RS I saw on 20's was at least 2" higher than my stock sprung SS. Looked wider too.

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post May 14 2009, 05:46 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (matt f @ May 14 2009, 11:57 AM) *
BTW, I was talking w/ Sam Strano yesterday, and he said that actual weight will be nowhere near the weight we're hearing about.

Meaning that they will be heavier or lighter????? (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
T.O.Dillinder
post May 15 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,167

QUOTE (matt f @ May 14 2009, 11:57 AM) *
They're at the local dealers now.

The RS I saw on 20's was at least 2" higher than my stock sprung SS. Looked wider too.

According to the salesman referance Book at Bud Weiser Chevy here in Beloit, they listed at well over 3800 lbs. curb weight.
Bud Weiser had a black one. Looked pretty sharp.
Could sit lower though.

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post Jun 3 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #11

Saw my first one last night.

Black RS with grey hood stripes. Nice looking car. Saw it as I was driving by....no way to see it up close.

Maybe I can locate it tonight and check it out closer.

+Quote Post
c4racer
post Jun 3 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #12

Group: Members
Member No.: 978

I saw a yellow one at a local dealer. Sure looked damn ugly to me.

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Jun 3 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #13

Veteran Member

Member No.: 1,144

My buddy stopped by with his Black 1SS /RS Memorial Day weekend. Looks pretty sweet.

We spend 5 minutes looking for the battery and finallly gave up. Owners manual sends you in circles.

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post Jun 3 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Jun 3 2009, 04:19 PM) *
Owners manual sends you in circles.

Had to cut costs SOMEWHERE......manuals written in Chinese and then POORLY translated......LOL

+Quote Post
JKnight
post Jun 3 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 141

We spend 5 minutes looking for the battery and finallly gave up.

I knew it was big, but didn't know it was THAT big! But this is a Camaro - just look around the cooling system, you'll find it!

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Jason

+Quote Post
SSTAT
post Jun 4 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 369

My dad told me the dealership in my old home town is charging a 10K premium over sticker. They must not be too concerned about that 'dealer closings' thing...

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Jun 4 2009, 03:07 AM
Post #17

Veteran Member

QUOTE (SSTAT @ Jun 3 2009, 09:51 PM) *
My dad told me the dealership in my old home town is charging a 10K premium over sticker. They must not be too concerned about that 'dealer closings' thing...

My buddy ordered his last year - was supposedly one of the first in the area to order. Since he ordered it he paided sticker, right around $30K. I don't think that is a bad deal at all. He's considering selling it for a 10K profit, which he should since he is very very very in debt, but he won't because, well, thats the reason he is in debt.

+Quote Post
LS1_Alex
post Jun 4 2009, 03:35 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 1,712

The battery is in the trunk (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Jun 4 2009, 03:42 AM
Post #19

Veteran Member

QUOTE (LS1_Alex @ Jun 3 2009, 11:35 PM) *

GOOD! he doesn't have to move it (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
c4racer
post Jun 4 2009, 05:41 AM
Post #20

Group: Members
Member No.: 978

QUOTE (SSTAT @ Jun 3 2009, 08:51 PM) *

That is not going to last very long in this economy. Not with all the great stuff on the market for that price. Hell, you can get a couple year old CPO M3 for less and it is way more car.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:00 AM