IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Hotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringUMI PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comSolo Performance
> Cheap Chinese cr@P!
CrashTestDummy
post Jun 15 2023, 09:10 PM
Post #1

Veteran Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 385

:set rant=ON

While chasing a rattle in the back of the B4C, I noticed that the rear bump stops had deteriorated. Much like the spats on our 86 SVO, they just fell to the floor of the shop in crumbly pieces. Looking around, I discovered that the poly replacement pieces require you to cut part of the mounting surface away from the body. Not willing to do that, this IS a mostly-stock B4C 1LE car, I opted to just use factory replacements.

It looks like Dorman is the only co that has anything that's not poly for the 3rd Gen, P/N 31068, so I ordered a pair of these, not cheap, repros. I decided today was the day to do that, and after getting the back end off the ground and the wheels off, went to work. Being a mostly unmolested Texas car, the bolts came off will little effort, albeit more than I wanted to do, given my current state of rehab from shoulder surgery. Anyway, I started to bolt the new ones in place, and the freaking bolt holes don't line up with the body!!!!! I verified the P/N, but sure enough, the bolt holes are about 1/8-3/16" off. After drilling the holes out to 1/2" and slotting them with my die grinder, I got them on the car.

I'm really p1ssed that these things pass off as OEM replacements. It's not like I'm trying to fab a part for some rare, odd car. I can't wait to get my 'we'd love you to review your purchase' email from the reseller!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

The rattle, BTW, was a mis-assembled rear sway bar end link. I don't remember when, or who did the work, it was certainly me, with, or without help. Who knows. It's all better now. THAT sh1t fit!

:set rant=OFF
<return>

This post has been edited by CrashTestDummy: Jun 15 2023, 09:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
CrashTestDummy   Cheap Chinese cr@P!   Jun 15 2023, 09:10 PM
trackbird   That's not fun. I find that as cars get older,...   Jun 17 2023, 07:59 PM
CrashTestDummy   I'm finding a LOT of that, too. I'm in th...   Jun 17 2023, 08:17 PM
zlexiss   Gene, went through exactly the same thing with the...   Jun 17 2023, 09:04 PM
zlexiss   Oh and I love my Perfex pepper mill I have this on...   Jun 17 2023, 09:09 PM
CrashTestDummy   QUOTE (zlexiss @ Jun 17 2023, 04:09 PM) O...   Jun 17 2023, 10:00 PM
zlexiss   That cannon looks nice! I went with the perfe...   Jun 17 2023, 10:48 PM
CrashTestDummy   It's good to know the output is good. Current...   Jun 18 2023, 04:40 PM

« Next Oldest · General Discussion · Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 11:09 PM