IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

UMI PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringSolo PerformanceHotpart.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2014 National F-Body Motorsports Event
trackbird
post Dec 30 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #1

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

Hey guys, it's that time again. Time to start planning your events for 2014 and registration is now open for the National F-Body Motorsports Event. This is a great gathering and a great group. It's in Memphis this year (and my wife likes Memphis and is recommending that we go....so....).

Info is here:

http://www.fbody-event.org/index.php

Road course, drag racing, autocross, car show and a good time hanging out with friends from across the country.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cccbock
post Dec 30 2013, 06:17 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,113

QUOTE (trackbird @ Dec 30 2013, 10:39 AM) *
Hey guys, it's that time again. Time to start planning your events for 2014 and registration is now open for the National F-Body Motorsports Event. This is a great gathering and a great group. It's in Memphis this year (and my wife likes Memphis and is recommending that we go....so....).

Info is here:

http://www.fbody-event.org/index.php

Road course, drag racing, autocross, car show and a good time hanging out with friends from across the country.

Excellent group...and lots of fun. Tends to be lots of track time if you want to try out something new.

And good eats and drinks....

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Dec 30 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #3

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Bock, you should still have mod rights in this forum (if you want the job). (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Dec 31 2013, 02:12 AM
Post #4

Veteran Member

Member No.: 1,144

How much road course time usually? I notice that the RC uses the drag strip so I don't know if that reduces the RC time.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Dec 31 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #5

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Dec 30 2013, 09:12 PM) *
How much road course time usually? I notice that the RC uses the drag strip so I don't know if that reduces the RC time.

At the last event I attended, I believe it was four 30 minute sessions per day...

+Quote Post
Shortcutsleeping
post Dec 31 2013, 08:27 PM
Post #6

Experienced Member

Member No.: 62

Hmmmm.....

Costas
cars and such...

+Quote Post
cccbock
post Jan 1 2014, 07:35 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,113

QUOTE (trackbird @ Dec 31 2013, 07:48 AM) *
QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Dec 30 2013, 09:12 PM) *

At the last event I attended, I believe it was four 30 minute sessions per day...

Over the past few years the event has needed to be reconfigured a bit to two days (from 3) in an effort to reduce the total cost, as well as allow for the attendees to keep their travel expenses lower.
With this in mind, I am not sure what the exact format of the Road course event will be and I don't know the track time allowed. It will be plenty relative to the cost I am certain.

In the past, the (recently repaved) road course did use the drag strip as the main straight which is exciting... on both ends. I believe it still does.

MIR has a local Bracket event scheduled on the 17th so they will need to have the drag strip cleared by then.

+Quote Post
critter
post Jan 1 2014, 09:21 PM
Post #8

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,920

This will be my first year to run road course. I've always dragged but have now morphed my car more into road course and autocross so that's where I'll be participating. I've never heard anyone complain about not getting enough track time for their dollar on either side, drag or road course. For the money you can't beat it.

I have to say that you won't find a better bunch of people more dedicated to going fast and having fun. Register. Come. Enjoy.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:11 AM