IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringSolo PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comUMI Performance
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 97 T/A For Sale WS/6, Low Miles
bobbylee
post Jan 31 2007, 12:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 396

97 T/A, WS/6, 35K miles, dark green. All options except steering wheel radio controls and T-tops. Until I started tracking this car it had rarely been driven in rain and has been garaged and covered. Everything in excellent condition; needs a good wash and wax and interior detail to be perfect. Always maintained and cared for. Currently licensed and inspected for the street.

Original WS/6 wheels with (worn out) Hoosier RS's and SSR Integra's in 17 X 9.5 with BFG KD's for the street. Baer 13" Track brakes, now with Hawk Blues/Blacks on board. Superchip programmer, Holley 52mm TB, March underdrive pulleys, B&M p/s cooler, brake ducts and stainless mounts on the spindles. Global West suspension, every piece that GW offers including Koni D-A's and ride height adjusters with the exception of Kenny Brown subframe connectors and Hotchkis strut supports. Adjustable panhard bar and GW torque link. All rubber bushings replaced with spherical bearings front and rear. Baer bump steer kit. Sway bars: 32mm front and 21 mm rear bars mounted in poly. T2R diff with 3.73's, carrier bearings, axle bearings, and seals replaced less than 1K ago. Be Cool radiator, Hi-Density blue hoses from Summit, 160 degree T-Stat, and 21# Stant racing cap, with electric water pump. Oh yeah, it's a 6 spd with Fidanza wheel (Balanced) with a McLeod single disc clutch and aluminum driveshaft. I almost forgot; Borla exhaust and Scanmaster LT1.

Parts available but not installed:

Bob B brake brackets, SLP shorty headers, Comp Pro Magnum 1.6 roller rockers, Isky springs and new valve seals. Also a Turbo Bob LTCC controller with 8 new LS1 coils and wires. Also have a Canton pan with Z/28 pump. There's probably something I have forgotten and will find later. I'd like to sell all in one package but may consider selling the new parts separate. All parts go with car.

I haven't been active on the list for about 9 months now. I've been sitting around deciding what to do with that car, etc. For the last year I've been on chemo for metastized prostate cancer and am not getting around too good. Next month I see the Social Security people about disability for the rest of my days.

I am starting out asking $7k for the car and all parts. I ran it through the usual online places, Edmunds, Kelly, NADA and $7k is about an average retail, maybe even a little low. Anyway, shoot me an email if you're interested. Prefer private email but will try to check the list at least every other day. I'm located in the North Texas, DFW area.

John aka bobbylee
jaysmc@aol.com

This post has been edited by bobbylee: Jan 31 2007, 09:29 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Jan 31 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #2

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

I'm really sorry to hear this, John. I wondered why we hadn't seen you around in a while. If there is ANYTHING I can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck, brother ...

+Quote Post
Mojave
post Jan 31 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #3

I suck at the auto-x :(

Member No.: 727

I'm sorry to hear about your cancer. Get well soon! I may be interested in the LTCC setup, depending on price, should you decide to seperate it.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jan 31 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #4

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

John, that's terrible news. I was also wondering where you'd disappeared to. Sorry to hear about your illness and I hope things are going well.

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post Jan 31 2007, 02:31 AM
Post #5

CMCer

Member No.: 194

So sorry to hear! Hope you do a Lance Armstrong and kick this thing in the ass!

Nice car, similar to my '97 TA which is all GWed out. Great price, should not last!

+Quote Post
KeithO
post Jan 31 2007, 01:48 PM
Post #6

Veteran Member

Member No.: 14

First, I am really sorry to hear about your situation. I wish you the best and hope that things improve as time progresses.

In your post, you say:
QUOTE (bobbylee @ Jan 30 2007, 07:10 PM) *
Bob B brake brackets, SLP shorty headers, Comp Pro Magnum 1.6 roller rockers, Isky springs and new valve seals. Also a Turbo Bob LTCC controller with 8 new LS1 coils and wires. There's probably something I have forgotten and will find later. I'd like to sell all in one package but may consider selling the new parts separate.

I am starting out asking $7k for the car and all parts.

Are you saying that these parts are included in the asking price or would be included at an additional price? Just curious about the details. I am currently in negotiations with my wife...

+Quote Post
bobbylee
post Jan 31 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (KeithO @ Jan 31 2007, 07:48 AM) *
First, I am really sorry to hear about your situation. I wish you the best and hope that things improve as time progresses.

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it.

In your post, you say:
QUOTE (bobbylee @ Jan 30 2007, 07:10 PM) *

Bob B brake brackets, SLP shorty headers, Comp Pro Magnum 1.6 roller rockers, Isky springs and new valve seals. Also a Turbo Bob LTCC controller with 8 new LS1 coils and wires. There's probably something I have forgotten and will find later. I'd like to sell all in one package but may consider selling the new parts separate.

I am starting out asking $7k for the car and all parts.

Are you saying that these parts are included in the asking price or would be included at an additional price? Just curious about the details. I am currently in negotiations with my wife...

Everything goes for that price. I also found a Canton pan and Z/28 pump too that is included. BTW the car has a 6spd with Fidanza wheel (balanced) with a McLeod single disc clutch and aluminum driveshaft.

+Quote Post
bobbylee
post Jan 31 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #8

Hey guys, I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and concern. I'm doing fair, just don't get around too well. I hurt like the devil some days and get tired easily. Life is still ok though. I'm going in for another round of scans to see if: (1) the treatments are arresting the cancer and by how much and (2) if there is anything surgically that can be done about the pain in my legs and lower back. The tumors have attached themselves to my vertebra and ribcage and have caused deterioration of the spinal column. The pain is coming from compression and pinched nerves.

I finally decided to sell the car since I can't work on it anymore. I've had lots of offers of support from friends to help but I don't feel I could make it through a weekend on the track without falling apart. I am so stiff and sore that everything is a chore these days. I'll try to check in once in a while.

Again, thanks, your support makes me feel better.

John

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Jan 31 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #9

John, IF the car sells and you get to Jonesing for a lap or 2, let me know and I'll load up CMC #9 and meet you at MSR-C. It won't have the kick in the butt your car has, but it's as light as a go-cart ...

I know NOW you probably feel as though selling is a good idea. But when you get better and feeling good again, you might regret it.

Just food for thought.

+Quote Post
KeithO
post Feb 1 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #10

Veteran Member

I have offered to buy the car. However, John also has the option to back out. I think he might decide that he wants to keep it and I am leaving that option open for him.

I figure if I get it. Great. If he decides to keep it. Great.

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Feb 1 2007, 02:01 AM
Post #11

Oh John ... not Keith.

I've seen him drive ... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
98_1LE
post Feb 1 2007, 04:46 AM
Post #12

Experienced Member

Member No.: 55

Sorry to hear about the health John. Best of luck.

I can vouch for this car. It is both nice and fast.

+Quote Post
bobbylee
post Feb 1 2007, 05:33 AM
Post #13

Thanks so much guys, your support means a lot to me. I think Keith and I have reached a deal. I do have a few regrets, but I'll get over them. Chuck, thanks for the kudos on the car. Mitch, I appreciate the offer, and I'll probably see you at MSR in March. I have a friend in "Cosmo", a pilot friend who tracks an SHO Taurus, the "Freak Sho" and I'll probably be at MSR on Saturday to see how he goes.

I have spent my entire adult life doing some type of motorsports to the detriment of my wife and family. I don't know how she stood it for 30 years of grease and neglect. I've blown enough $$ on going fast to have retired years ago but I'd do it all over again. I've made friends to last a lifetime and their help still comes in handy. Bikes, cars, boats, airplanes .... I have done it. It's time to move on and devote some time to friends and family instead of working on a "hot rod" every chance I get. Besides, I hurt so dadgum bad every time I try to crawl around a car that I have to lay out for two days to get over it.

It'll all be ok.

Thanks for all,

John

+Quote Post
killer_bluebird
post Feb 1 2007, 06:47 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,010

John, you will be in my thoughs and prayers.

+Quote Post
bobbylee
post Feb 1 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #15

It's a done deal. Keith is going to fly in and drive it home in about a week. I appreciate the interest and all the thoughts and prayers.

John

+Quote Post
Rob Hood
post Feb 1 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #16

Experienced Member

Member No.: 130

Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery! My dad had his prostate removed in Aug 2001.

+Quote Post
marka
post Feb 1 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #17

Experienced Member

Member No.: 896

Howdy,

QUOTE (bobbylee @ Feb 1 2007, 01:21 PM) *
It's a done deal. Keith is going to fly in and drive it home in about a week. I appreciate the interest and all the thoughts and prayers.

Sucks about the medical condition that forces the sale. But, if it helps, Keith is a good guy who will appreciate the car.

However, he's gonna whine when I kick his ass this year in SM... :-)

Mark

+Quote Post
bobbylee
post Feb 10 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #18

Keith O made it here today about noon. We went and ate some good Texas BBQ and then loaded the car up with all the spare goodies. He should be somewhere in East Texas about now. Good luck Keith and have fun with the car.

+Quote Post
KeithO
post Feb 11 2007, 01:20 AM
Post #19

Veteran Member

John,

I enjoyed our (admittedly) short time together and it was nice to meet your wife. I am now in the no-man's land between Cincinnati and Columbus. The car is running flawlessly. The local TV station is calling for a "Snow Advisory" so it will be educational to see how BFG KDW's perform in the snow.

I liked the choice in places for BBQ as well. I think you guys in Texas need to export that technology to other places.

I'll check in when I get home tomorrow.

Later,

Keith

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Feb 11 2007, 02:04 AM
Post #20

You know ... we Texans should probably just stop being so nice and hospitable. Pretty soon, everyone will want to move here and we'll have to rename the place to California.

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Keith I wish things could have worked for a bunch of us FRAXX-oids could have gotten together. Next time, for sure.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:00 AM