IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Unbalanced EngineeringUMI PerformanceSolo PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comHotpart.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB T56, Preferably an M29 from a 93
kgkern01
post Dec 21 2007, 01:55 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 28

Just as it says, looking for a good used T56, preferably an M29 from a 93. My 95 T56 has 228k and 3/4 is going out and would rather get an M29 and sell mine for a core than rebuild it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigEnos
post Dec 21 2007, 03:16 AM
Post #2

Collo Rosso

Member No.: 839

QUOTE (kgkern01 @ Dec 20 2007, 08:55 PM) *
Just as it says, looking for a good used T56, preferably an M29 from a 93. My 95 T56 has 228k and 3/4 is going out and would rather get an M29 and sell mine for a core than rebuild it.

Just as a data point I got my brand new '93 trans from a local chevy dealer for $1890 out the door. Came with some stuff you could probably ebay to recover some cost, too.

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Dec 21 2007, 03:19 AM
Post #3

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

How long ago was that?

I priced a MN6 from GMParts direct and it was close to $3K!!!!

+Quote Post
BigEnos
post Dec 21 2007, 03:21 AM
Post #4

Collo Rosso

Member No.: 839

QUOTE (mitchntx @ Dec 20 2007, 10:19 PM) *
How long ago was that?

I priced a MN6 from GMParts direct and it was close to $3K!!!!

Was probably beginning of 2006 so almost 2 years. At the time GMPD had them for about the same. I guess they went up! I should have bought a few more (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post
kgkern01
post Dec 21 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

GMPartsDirect.com has the M29 listed as $1,842.57 and the MN6 as $3,225.94

+Quote Post
KeithO
post Dec 23 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #6

Veteran Member

Member No.: 14

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/banghead.gif)

Sigh. I might need to sell this one:
http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?sho...hl=transmission

I *might*. Where are you located?

+Quote Post
sgarnett
post Dec 23 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #7

Seeking round tuits

Member No.: 33

I don't know how Team's "internet" pricing for a T56 would compare to GMPartsDirect, but their brake part pricing is much better. They might be worth a try if Keith decides not to sell his.

+Quote Post
kgkern01
post Dec 23 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Located in Louisville, KY

+Quote Post
KeithO
post Dec 23 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #9

Veteran Member

To be honest, I don't want to sell this tranny but I probably should. The boiler in my house failed yesterday and needs replaced - I got the estimate to replace it and I am still occasionally taking on pure oxygen to keep from passing out.

Anyway, it seems like you might be able to get a brand new one for close to what I would be looking to get - what I paid for it which was $1,500. The other situation is getting it from here to Louisville but I guess that is secondary at the moment.

I am not trying to necessarily talk you out of this transmission but just suggesting that you might want to fully explore what a new one would cost before buying it. My attitude is that if you are willing to paid $1,500 plus shipping then it's yours.

Finally, I took delivery on this tranny at the NASA Nationals in September. Mitch wrapped it in plastic for transport and I moved it into my garage without ever removing the plastic. It is exactly as package when I got it. Mitch and I have bought and sold parts off of each other over the years and I have no doubt that it is exactly as originally listed.

...need to get back to the oxygen tank now...

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Dec 23 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #10

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

Keith, I would give you your money back in a heartbeat if you were within driving distance.

The tranny I sold you has upgraded shift fork, brass pads and billet keepers.

+Quote Post
kgkern01
post Dec 23 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

I got an offer for someone to buy my grinding T56 for $500, so once I pull the trans, get that money and get my tuition residual check at the beginning of the month then it should be a deal. Would you be willing to meet halfway, say Columbus, OH?

+Quote Post
KeithO
post Dec 23 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #12

Veteran Member

...I just let lose a string of profanity that I hope my five-year-old doesn't repeat on Christmas day at my dad's house... I really want to keep this tranny but I know that a spare tranny can't be a priority in my life.

Well, I offered it so I guess I can't back out. Round trip, Columbus is about 6-7 hours for me so we're talking about an entire day... A big problem for me is time - I travel alot for my job and I know that I will be traveling to Germany in January, but I don't know exactly when. This will be a one or two week trip as it stands right now. If history repeats itself, I will find out a day before and then I'll be on a plane.

In summary, I would be willing to meet you in Columbus and sell you the tranny for $1,500. I just can't say exactly when yet. We could tentatively agree to make the exchange on Saturday, January 5th and hope that I don't need to travel the week of Dec 31st (I consider travel that week unlikely). After that, it would have to be touch-n-go. We could shoot for the 12th, 19th, or 26th but my finalized travel plans could influence this. Can you deal with this uncertainty?

Mitch, PLEASE stop providing reasons for me to hang onto this tranny. This is hard enough. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/nutkick.gif)

+Quote Post
kgkern01
post Dec 24 2007, 01:49 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Yeah I can work around your schedule on this. It won't be going in the car right away, as I have a few other things to do to get the car ready for spring, so I'm not in a hurry where I need it asap, within a month would be fine for me.

+Quote Post
marka
post Dec 24 2007, 03:50 AM
Post #14

Experienced Member

Member No.: 896

Howdy,

QUOTE (mitchntx @ Dec 23 2007, 01:15 PM) *
Keith, I would give you your money back in a heartbeat if you were within driving distance.

The tranny I sold you has upgraded shift fork, brass pads and billet keepers.

Note, if you're an autocrosser... Unless these are part # supercedes or something like that, this makes this tranny illegal for ESP. You'd be in SM or higher.

Mark

+Quote Post
sgarnett
post Dec 24 2007, 06:06 AM
Post #15

Seeking round tuits

Member No.: 33

I think there may have been a TSB for the fork, but I don't remember seeing anything about the pads or keepers.

This post has been edited by sgarnett: Dec 24 2007, 06:08 AM

+Quote Post
kgkern01
post Dec 24 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (marka @ Dec 23 2007, 10:50 PM) *
Howdy,

Note, if you're an autocrosser... Unless these are part # supercedes or something like that, this makes this tranny illegal for ESP. You'd be in SM or higher.

Mark

This year I'll be in SM anyway with my ported heads, 1.7RR, and C5 brakes, and after this trans I may get 3.73's as well.

+Quote Post
kgkern01
post Jan 7 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Sorry KeithO, but I just purchased an M29 off a guy locally with only 5k since rebuild and steel 3/4 fork for only $1k. Had to jump on it while available for the price.

+Quote Post
KeithO
post Jan 8 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #18

Veteran Member

That's OK. I was bummin' about selling it anyway. Now I have a good story the wife - gee, the buyer backed out. Good luck.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:36 AM