IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Unbalanced EngineeringHotpart.comBlaine Fabrication.comUMI PerformanceSolo Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> best way to remove driver electric seat, without a chainsaw or sledge-hammer
Crazy Canuck
post Jul 31 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #1

North of the border

Group: Admin
Member No.: 177

As the title says.
I seem to be able to reach 1 (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/banghead.gif) bolt under the seat...
The passenger seat was a piece of cake... 4 bolts fairly easily accessible.
How you guys removed the driver one ?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cr0usEEE
post Jul 31 2008, 09:51 PM
Post #2

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,985

ummmm...same way as passenger seat.

1) Keep electonics ON!!!!
2) move seat as high as possible and forward as possible
3) unbolt rear of seat
4) move seat as high and rear as possible
5) unbolt front of seat
6) unplug electric harness
7) drink beer
8) remove seat from car

9) have fun installing new aftermarket seat that really doesnt fit quite right.

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Jul 31 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #3

North of the border

cool thanks... I have my seat all the way down + rear... so I need to plug my battery for that... hehe

+Quote Post
cccbock
post Aug 1 2008, 01:05 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,113

QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Jul 31 2008, 06:05 PM) *
cool thanks... I have my seat all the way down + rear... so I need to plug my battery for that... hehe

Sawzall....

+Quote Post
Mean Green Z28
post Aug 1 2008, 01:21 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,000

remember the beer!

+Quote Post
Rob Hood
post Aug 1 2008, 02:11 AM
Post #6

Experienced Member

Member No.: 130

I think you can access it better from the trunk...(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Viper99ta
post Aug 1 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 248

Boy is this key:

"9) have fun installing new aftermarket seat that really doesn't fit quite right."

Now my steering wheel is tilted up so my knees can clear, it's like driving a damn bus. Sure, got the power rails to fit, seat doesn't hit anything but it's just too damn tall. Not even sure a manual slider will be THAT much lower to make a difference.

Anyway, they are all correct, slide it back and forth to get to the nuts/bolts.

This post has been edited by Viper99ta: Aug 1 2008, 11:41 AM

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Aug 1 2008, 07:39 PM
Post #8

North of the border

QUOTE (Viper99ta @ Aug 1 2008, 07:41 AM) *
Boy is this key:

"9) have fun installing new aftermarket seat that really doesn't fit quite right."

Now my steering wheel is tilted up so my knees can clear, it's like driving a damn bus. Sure, got the power rails to fit, seat doesn't hit anything but it's just too damn tall. Not even sure a manual slider will be THAT much lower to make a difference.

Anyway, they are all correct, slide it back and forth to get to the nuts/bolts.

The passenger side I had no issues installing the rails + seat, when test-fitting.
Assuming no issue w/ the driver side, since no issue whatsoever on the passenger, and I bought it from Jesse "aka, Hubris" (another Canadian member of the board) who had them in his Camaro.
They are Recaro's SRDs.
I then decided to make them look nicer, so I had the tissue all ripped out, and upholstered them all in top-quality leather (black, not GM grey) ... and reupholstered the rear as well the same way.
the guy that did the job has done work for Boyd C. and has exclusive deals with some manufacturers for custom work and special editions, such as Lambo, John Scotti, etc. His work is amazing... and has had many awards.
Will post some pix once all installed in the car.

+Quote Post
NU_BLUE
post Aug 2 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 726

A set of (metric) ratcheting wrenches works well for this.

+Quote Post
bills
post Aug 3 2008, 02:00 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 280

I have the SRD's in my car they are great. Make sure you have the Recaro 2x locking sliders. Mine came with the single locking corbeau's and when you are hard on the brakes you can feel the one unlocked side move. It can be a bit distracting on an autox run. I need to get mine recovered, as the pass seat has a coffee stain from the last owner. Do you have any pics?

This post has been edited by bills: Aug 3 2008, 02:00 AM

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Aug 4 2008, 06:27 PM
Post #11

North of the border

QUOTE (bills @ Aug 2 2008, 10:00 PM) *
I have the SRD's in my car they are great. Make sure you have the Recaro 2x locking sliders. Mine came with the single locking corbeau's and when you are hard on the brakes you can feel the one unlocked side move. It can be a bit distracting on an autox run. I need to get mine recovered, as the pass seat has a coffee stain from the last owner. Do you have any pics?

they are 2x locking indeed.
I have the seats still inside the plastic yet to be installed... had test fit the passenger before having the whole seats dismantled and worked on.
Will snap some pix once installed.
Actually, might snap some off the car just for you guys ;-)

All my accessories and engine seem to be great now... finished working on the car last night @ 02h00, and was kind of late to wake the whole neighborhood with open headers, so I just checked all the sensor readings w/ HP-Tuners (all OK), removed the fuel-fuse and cranked it... everything works great... now tonight gonna get it close to completion... detail work takes time. Eugenio's UETA v.4.0 (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (hopefully the last set of mods for a 9" fitting) should go in today as well as the driveshaft... Next winter, I'm getting one of those CF-shafts. less weight compared to a 3" steel DS.

+Quote Post
Bram
post Aug 5 2008, 03:06 AM
Post #12

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,251

QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Aug 4 2008, 02:27 PM) *
QUOTE (bills @ Aug 2 2008, 10:00 PM) *

they are 2x locking indeed.
I have the seats still inside the plastic yet to be installed... had test fit the passenger before having the whole seats dismantled and worked on.
Will snap some pix once installed.
Actually, might snap some off the car just for you guys ;-)

All my accessories and engine seem to be great now... finished working on the car last night @ 02h00, and was kind of late to wake the whole neighborhood with open headers, so I just checked all the sensor readings w/ HP-Tuners (all OK), removed the fuel-fuse and cranked it... everything works great... now tonight gonna get it close to completion... detail work takes time. Eugenio's UETA v.4.0 (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (hopefully the last set of mods for a 9" fitting) should go in today as well as the driveshaft... Next winter, I'm getting one of those CF-shafts. less weight compared to a 3" steel DS.

Well its about time we need some pictures.I guess you've been busy working on the car,if you need minor help call otherwise will see you when you get your car out.

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Aug 5 2008, 06:26 AM
Post #13

North of the border

just finished working on the car... again !!!
Thanks Bram for the offer.... we'll talk... maybe we can meet up on saturday or something... we'll see.
The engine started well... all the gauges are working great (water temp, oil-pressure, wide-band a/f), open headers sound great ;-) especially @ 01h30 AM ;-)
V.4.0 of Eugenio's UETA fits... woohoo !
Too tired to go snap some pix of the seats... sorry ! you guys will have to wait a bit.
tomorrow will bleed the brakes (got rid of ABS) and fill radiator + power steering and install starter solenoid wiring.

Goal, have the car @ the muffler shop to modify the Ypipe so that it fits the UETA + get alignment.
Saturday, install the inside and wash the car for the 1st time in the last 2 years... and tak it for a long drive and break-in the clutch.

+Quote Post
Bram
post Aug 5 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Aug 5 2008, 02:26 AM) *
Thanks Bram for the offer.... we'll talk... maybe we can meet up on saturday or something... we'll see.
The engine started well... all the gauges are working great (water temp, oil-pressure, wide-band a/f), open headers sound great ;-) especially @ 01h30 AM ;-)
Too tired to go snap some pix of the seats... sorry ! you guys will have to wait a bit.
tomorrow will bleed the brakes (got rid of ABS) and fill radiator + power steering and install starter solenoid wiring.

Goal, have the car @ the muffler shop to modify the Ypipe so that it fits the UETA + get alignment.
Saturday, install the inside and wash the car for the 1st time in the last 2 years... and tak it for a long drive and break-in the clutch.

sounds like a plan,but i will be working saturday,in any case if you get her running i'm not far anyways Brunswick Blvd,but well talk soon,goodluck

+Quote Post
ESPCamaro
post Aug 6 2008, 07:49 PM
Post #15

No El-Use-O.

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (NU_BLUE @ Aug 2 2008, 01:03 PM) *
A set of (metric) ratcheting wrenches works well for this.

Without a doubt the way to go.....Get a set of ratcheting wrenches.....13mm if I remember right...

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Aug 7 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #16

North of the border

QUOTE (Bram @ Aug 5 2008, 02:49 PM) *

sounds like a plan,but i will be working saturday,in any case if you get her running i'm not far anyways Brunswick Blvd,but well talk soon,goodluck

You working on friday end of afternoon ?
I can't drive 2 cars @ once... wanna give me a hand ?
I'll call you.

+Quote Post
Bram
post Aug 7 2008, 03:11 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Aug 7 2008, 03:47 AM) *

I'll call you.

work till 5 free after that

+Quote Post
Crazy Canuck
post Aug 8 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #18

North of the border

QUOTE (Bram @ Aug 7 2008, 11:11 AM) *
QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Aug 7 2008, 03:47 AM) *

I'll call you.

work till 5 free after that

will call you anyway... but I might have to flat-bed the car home...
asked the guy to bleed the clutch and adjust the master (if needed), cause it's not fully engaging... I'm thinking by bleeding should fix it... unless the new friction plates make it so that the master needs adjustment.
Anyways... guts feeling is the bleeding will fix it since I plugged the hose to the tranny... might have some air... only thing I did not bleed.
worse case, I'll flatbed it and work on it @ home on the lift. At least the alignment will be done, exhaust fixed, and I can install my new interior this week-end or tonight.

Ended up going w/ the following specs:
camber: -1.3'
castor: +5.0'
toe-out: 1/32" or 0.05 (degrees)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:30 PM