IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Hotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringUMI PerformanceSolo PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Intro!
Shadow's SS
post May 23 2011, 04:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 78,472

I know im most situations when you are new to a forum it's polite to let people know who the new jerk is asking all the stupid questions.

Name is Paul

I have a 2000 White SS camaro M6 with T-tops. I have drivin in a few Local SCCA Autocross events, My biggest event yet was at Holly LS fest last year, Even got a pic in Chevy High performance and Managed to place 9th overall in their autocross.
I picked the car up in 2004 after my first trip to Afghan while I was stationed in Anchorage Alaska with the 501 PIR. in 2005 I moved to FT. Campbell and have been with the Pathfinder company since. I also picked up with guys off the TNFBODY Site and do most my car work with the Tatershack crew out of there.

Modifications so far are
-Tubular K-member (road race UMI)
- Tubular A-arms (BMR)
- Tubular LCA (BMR)
- ADJ Pan Hard (BMR)
- SLP 3-point SFC
- Rushforth Livewire wheels (about 23lb 18x10)
- braded Brake lines (don't know if that really counts)
- Rebuilt T-56 (Tick Stage 2)
- Trickflow 215 Port and Polish Heads
- FAST 92/92 Combo
- 85mm MAF (Off a Silverado)
- LS6 Oil Pump
- Strut Tower Brace (SLP)
- 228/230 112 LSA Cam
- PCMFORLESS Tune W/ 160* Temp (Dyno 454 HP/ 450TQ very flat curve) http://www.pcmforless.com/index.php?option...;g2_itemId=3279

- Koni-shocks from Sam All the way around
- Eibach Springs (1" lower)
- BMR Sway bars
- B&M 5.0 Short throw shifter
- Pace setter LT Headers
- Texas Speed True duels

I think thats about it

I had a CF Driveshaft but it broke on me since it was rubbing the stock TQ Arm, I didnt catch it since it was wasnt touching at ride hight. Next big buy is a FAB 9 from Midwest, Looking at their watts link with 3.40-3.50 gears and Wavlock Diff (could use some advice on this) I also want to get
- CTS-V brakes all the way around
-Turn one Power steering pump
- Turn one Steering rack (just having them rework the stock one)
- ABS Delete
- 6 Point Cage
-New CF DS
-Also interested in Blaine Engineering CF T-Tops
- Brake Air Ducts

I think that about sums it all up... Look at that list always breaks my heart a little since I know that It wont be done in the next year.

I am always looking for more advice and Driving help.. I love to take corners but my job tends to limit my free time with that hobby. I hope to learn much here and maybe find some people to drive with!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trackbird
post May 23 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #2

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service! I'm sure you'll find answers to almost any questions on this forum. I'm always amazed at the amount of info and knowledge this group has on tap.

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post May 23 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #3

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

I salute you sir and the sacrifice you and your family has endured for me and my family.

Don't be bashful cause we have no FNG hazing. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
sgarnett
post May 24 2011, 01:16 AM
Post #4

Seeking round tuits

Member No.: 33

Welcome aboard!

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post May 24 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #5

CMCer

Member No.: 194

Welcome! This group will no doubt save you some $! Never heard of the Wavlock diff, got a link to it?

+Quote Post
Shadow's SS
post May 24 2011, 02:30 AM
Post #6

My bad, it's the Wavetrack Diff (I don't know why I keep insisting on giving it a diffrent name) http://www.wavetrac.net/ As far as I can tell it's a 2-way LSD but it comes with a lifetime warrenty. I think I am going to try and save myself some cash and get the Eaton Posi for now since I am hurting for funding on this rear. Also after spending almost all night up looking at the brake tech I think I might just go with C-6 Calipers (found a full set front and rears for 250) and see how they do me.

+Quote Post
nape
post May 24 2011, 08:55 AM
Post #7

Veteran Member

Member No.: 540

Just do C6 fronts if you're upgrading to the C6 rotors, the stock rears are more then up to the task.

Also, mods seem awesome until you realize you could buy a lot of seat time with the money spent. In the same vein, reliability first, go-fasters second.

+Quote Post
Shadow's SS
post May 24 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #8

I just wanted the the rears to look pretty, I am weird I like things to match (also I need to replace the rear passenger caliper it has given too many problems and I keep having to fix it after a hard day at the track. I would love more seat time but I think my job gets into the way a bit too much it seems at times. I do some Drag for fun with my friends and would like to know that I wont be left there with a broke ass 10 bolt, Drag Racing isnt what I love but it can be a good time with some friends. I agree with you 100% Nape, that is also part of my reasoning for the 9 inch I just want something I know wont brake easy one me. I wont lie I got weak while deployed last time and Just had to have more power! I should have spent the money on other things, but hey you live and learn right? Anyways thanks for the warm welcome! Just by spending my time browsing through the site I have learned much already! I have more then enough free time to just browse as I am waiting here to get a skype request so I can watch my kid get born... Go Army

This post has been edited by Shadow's SS: May 24 2011, 11:26 AM

+Quote Post
trackbird
post May 24 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #9

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

QUOTE (Shadow's SS @ May 24 2011, 06:44 AM) *
I am waiting here to get a skype request so I can watch my kid get born... Go Army

Congrats!!!! I hope everyone is doing well and the little one had a trouble free arrival.

+Quote Post
Shadow's SS
post May 24 2011, 03:25 PM
Post #10

Thanks, It's my first! I cant wait to start taking him with me to races (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Shadow's SS
post May 24 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #11

Just Watched the women give birth to our child! Brennen Paul Riley weighing in at 7lbs 2 oz - 20.5 inch long blond hair blue eyes! Unfortunately the connection here is only a step over dial up so it was sort of like watching the blair witch project but I couldnt be happier that I got to see somthing

+Quote Post
Rob Hood
post May 27 2011, 03:09 AM
Post #12

Experienced Member

Member No.: 130

Welcome aboard Paul, and congratulations on the baby! Thanks for your service, and keep your head down. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (that's why I rode submarines...)

+Quote Post
Racerdad916
post May 27 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #13

Full NVH

Member No.: 1,854

OORAH! Welcome aboard young man! Your time, effort and sacrifice are appreciated by those of us who live and sleep in peace! Congrats on the birth of your son, and if he chooses to join the military and he doesn't like the Army, the Marine Corp is always looking for good men.....
The folks on the board will always help out..... just ask......
if your ever in Columbus O, I will buy the first round......

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post May 27 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #14

Veteran Member

Member No.: 1,144

QUOTE (Shadow's SS @ May 24 2011, 05:04 PM) *
Just Watched the women give birth to our child! Brennen Paul Riley weighing in at 7lbs 2 oz - 20.5 inch long blond hair blue eyes! Unfortunately the connection here is only a step over dial up so it was sort of like watching the blair witch project but I couldnt be happier that I got to see somthing

Congrats Bro! My first will be 4 weeks old on Sunday! I’m sure you’ll be sleeping better wherever you’re at, even if there are bullets zinging over your head!

+Quote Post
Pony Exp.305
post May 27 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 998

Welcome board, I have 8 month old girl...I admire my baby in monent of my life.
Congrats...
Salute to Veterans on Memorial weekend. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
Shadow's SS
post May 29 2011, 06:00 AM
Post #16

Thanks for the great welcome! I cant wait to get back into the states and Running on a track again! Thanks again for the Support you guys have shown me as a Military member, but Really I want to thank all the former Members of our Military! With out you guys to show those who came after how to get the job done I wouldnt have made it to the position I am today.

+Quote Post
Shadow's SS
post May 29 2011, 06:00 AM
Post #17

Thanks for the great welcome! I cant wait to get back into the states and Running on a track again! Thanks again for the Support you guys have shown me as a Military member, but Really I want to thank all the former Members of our Military! With out you guys to show those who came after how to get the job done I wouldnt have made it to the position I am today.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:53 PM