IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Solo PerformanceHotpart.comUMI PerformanceUnbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.com
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When You Think You Want To Post To Corner-cavers
Curmudgeon
post Jul 29 2004, 04:46 PM
Post #1

WHO ME

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 126

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) WARNING

I would suggest that you read all the forum rules or be ready to be roasted.

I would suggest you lurk for awhile before stepping in. It is one of the best tech site out there that I know of, but the sites admin. Does not tolerate violations of there rules.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post Jul 29 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #2

CMCer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 194

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Reminds me of some of the snobby clubs the Beverly Hills set belongs to out here in CA!

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post Jul 29 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 27

....what rule did you violate.....

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
KeithO
post Jul 29 2004, 05:47 PM
Post #4

Veteran Member

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Jul 29 2004, 11:20 AM)

Rules? THey have rules? Best I can tell, the only rules that they have is that you must put the work "f---" in each post and you have to call someone an a$$clown...

+Quote Post
NataSS Inc
post Jul 29 2004, 05:48 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 73

He is probably saw my first post there. It looked like a pack of dogs on a 3 legged cat. I managed to get banned w/ my first thread. Lewis gave me a reprive and unbanned me though

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post Jul 29 2004, 05:50 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (KeithO @ Jul 29 2004, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Jul 29 2004, 11:20 AM)

Rules? THey have rules? Best I can tell, the only rules that they have is that you must put the work "f---" in each post and you have to call someone an a$$clown...

...must be a bunch of NON-RACERS then......or some REAL FAKE WANNA BE racers.....

....because I have met VERY FEW actual racers who weren't SUPER NICE and willing to help fellow racers with anything....

HELL....I lost a championship by 4 points when I told the guy right behind me to back his car off the trailer I would change his transmission for him, since he had barely the mechanical skills to put air in the tires..... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

STILL HATE MYSELF FOR THAT!

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 29 2004, 06:23 PM
Post #7

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

QUOTE (NataSS Inc @ Jul 29 2004, 12:48 PM)
He is probably saw my first post there.  It looked like a pack of dogs on a 3 legged cat.  I managed to get banned w/ my first thread.  Lewis gave me a reprive and unbanned me though

I figured you'd lurked around long enough to know the ins and outs over there. Not that you expect to be treated that way, but they have a reputation to uphold, or so it seems. I posted results to show that you do compete and are not a "highway warrior" or a "domestic ricer". They were hung up on that Billet Katech tensioner (I guess billet means bling) though.

+Quote Post
prockbp
post Jul 29 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

my impression of parenting from a CornerCarvers.com member:

child: daddy, what is five times six?

cc.com parent: you stupid bastard, get out of my life.

+Quote Post
Jon A
post Jul 29 2004, 06:42 PM
Post #9

Experienced Member

Member No.: 16

QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Jul 29 2004, 10:50 AM)
...must be a bunch of NON-RACERS then......or some REAL FAKE WANNA BE racers.....

You should really check the board out before saying that, Randy. You couldn't be farther off. Yes, racers do what they can to help other racers and I know of no other place on the net where this happens more.

The attitude over there comes from racers not wanting to waste their time answering the same damn questions over and over again asked by street poseurs who want to know which billet shift knob will make their car, "Handle good on the offramps without messing up their 1/4 mile time." From not wanting the tech to be deluted with LS1.com/Corral-type "just because he says 2+2=5 doesn't mean you should be mean to him, everybody is entitled to their own opinion..." type crap.

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post Jul 29 2004, 06:54 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Jon A @ Jul 29 2004, 12:42 PM)
QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Jul 29 2004, 10:50 AM)

You should really check the board out before saying that, Randy. You couldn't be farther off. Yes, racers do what they can to help other racers and I know of no other place on the net where this happens more.

The attitude over there comes from racers not wanting to waste their time answering the same damn questions over and over again asked by street poseurs who want to know which billet shift knob will make their car, "Handle good on the offramps without messing up their 1/4 mile time." From not wanting the tech to be deluted with LS1.com/Corral-type "just because he says 2+2=5 doesn't mean you should be mean to him, everybody is entitled to their own opinion..." type crap.

Jon....

I am aware of the site....and have used it....by lurking before....

My biggest pet peeve in the world however is people with attitude.....CAN'T STAND IT...and in EVERY thread there someone takes a shot at someone for something....

...I understand not wanting to cater to the infantile crowd....but do they have to ACT infantile to keep their little domain safe?????

...sorry, there would be an butt whooping from me to most of the "supreme beings" that get up on their pulpit over there.... :leaving:

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 29 2004, 06:56 PM
Post #11

FRRAX Owner/Admin

There are some very sharp minds over there. And, no doubt, more than a few talented drivers with well sorted cars. And, as Jon said, they are much more strict about avoiding the equivalent of the "which air lid is best" question every 3 days. They are trying to protect their home, just as we'd hope to do. The difference is that they have 8,000 members, we are under 500. I suspect that we will see a slight change in post content as our membership increases. However, I don't think we'll try the cc.com approach to preventing that change. Then again, maybe we'll stay small and it will never happen, though that seems unrealistic. And, everyone is welcome here. Many of us are happy to teach and guide, at least when we have a willing student, and share our knowledge freely. I don't think that will ever change. I enjoy explaining something and "seeing the lightbulb come on" when they get the concept. We are just a little more "paddock-like" in our approach. That's the way I like it.

I recommend cruising CC.com, but read the wiki site and "tread lightly" when you start. I've never had a problem, even from my first post, over there. But, I merged into traffic, provided concise information and left it at that.

+Quote Post
Absolut Speed
post Jul 29 2004, 06:56 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

I just lurk there occasionally, but it does appear to be, as Jon, notes, a self-defense mechanism to keep the riff raff, the unteachable and the street queens away.

Make sure your next thread's subject reads:
"Upgrade stang breaks for road course for under $500?"
That ought to start a scene similar to something you might see on "Shark Week."

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 29 2004, 06:59 PM
Post #13

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (Absolut Speed @ Jul 29 2004, 01:56 PM)
I just lurk there occasionally, but it does appear to be, as Jon, notes, a self-defense mechanism to keep the riff raff, the unteachable and the street queens away.

Make sure your next thread's subject reads:
"Upgrade stang breaks for road course for under $500?"
That ought to start a scene similar to something you might see on "Shark Week."

They love 'Stang over there, and use "breaks" for brakes.... A swift beating will ensue.

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post Jul 29 2004, 07:07 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (trackbird @ Jul 29 2004, 12:56 PM)
There are some very sharp minds over there. And, no doubt, more than a few talented drivers with well sorted cars.

...I don't doubt that there are some sharp guys over there...it's just that from what I have seen is there are the SHARP ONES, then there is a drop off after a "few" knowledgable to a more "average" base of members...just like ANY board of this type...even this one...

Just don't get the "let's be MAJOR A$$CLOWNS to any potential A$$CLOWNS to keep them away strategy"....rubs me the wrong way entirely....

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

....besides....I would have to lose my "creative" punctuation and spelling techniques over there....AND....would not be able to let my TRUE feelings for the STANG be known....

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 29 2004, 07:19 PM
Post #15

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Yea, they are there for their own amusement on occasion. They seem to have a different sense of humor than we do. And, I like to use creative punctuation more than the next guy. I agree that I don't always understand the attitude, nor do I agree with it. But, since they've not yet asked me, I don't think they care. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

That is why we are as laid back as we are, if you treat people with respect you usually get it in return. That helps to eliminate the "jabs" that appear between the same folks in every post, or at least reduce it.

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/nutkick.gif)

+Quote Post
Jon A
post Jul 29 2004, 07:30 PM
Post #16

Experienced Member

Member No.: 16

QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Jul 29 2004, 12:07 PM)
would not be able to let my TRUE feelings for the STANG be known....

Sure you could. Mustang owners have been saying worse things about it than you could ever think of over there for years. That's how the whole site got started. Being technically correct is what's important--not sugarcoating things.

EVERY thread has people taking shots at each other? Come on, go make a count in the tech areas right now--the percentage is much lower than you guys make it out to be. When it does happen, it's usually because somebody deserved it--like Boyce did in his first thread (even though it wasn't in a tech area). Look at the response Boyce has gotten from his second thread as an example. No shots, assclown calling, no "f-word" just good info from people like Scott Whitehead, Cris Griswold, Scott Griffith (and of course Kevin (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ). Some of you might recognize those names....

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post Jul 29 2004, 07:44 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Jon A @ Jul 29 2004, 01:30 PM)
QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Jul 29 2004, 12:07 PM)
would not be able to let my TRUE feelings for the STANG be known....

Sure you could. Mustang owners have been saying worse things about it than you could ever think of over there for years. That's how the whole site got started. Being technically correct is what's important--not sugarcoating things.

EVERY thread has people taking shots at each other? Come on, go make a count in the tech areas right now--the percentage is much lower than you guys make it out to be. When it does happen, it's usually because somebody deserved it--like Boyce did in his first thread (even though it wasn't in a tech area). Look at the response Boyce has gotten from his second thread as an example. No shots, assclown calling, no "f-word" just good info from people like Scott Whitehead, Cris Griswold, Scott Griffith (and of course Kevin (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ). Some of you might recognize those names....

....like I said...attitude....however slight is my weakness..... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

....you know...there are ways to treat people EVEN WHEN they are wrong... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) ...EVEN if they "deserve" it....whatever THAT means.... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Besides....I just rely on you as my personal car developer/test bed Jon.....YOU KNOW THAT! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Get me some data will you??? I have torn up poly lower control arm bushings....after 7 races....gonna make some changes.... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jul 29 2004, 08:08 PM
Post #18

FRRAX Owner/Admin

I never meant to imply that it was "every thread". It is only in the threads that certain people post in. It seems to follow a select few over there. Once they post an answer, all bets are off on getting the thread back on track (in many cases) and it turns to open season on "insert member here". Quikag comes to mind. Every time he says anything, it becomes a thrash-fest on him. I don't know the guy, or know what he did that was so bad, but he usually gets a beating. With that said, there are many excellent technical posts over there and that is why I am an occasional contributor. On the rare occasion I have something of merit to add to a conversation (I'll stick to firearms threads on that board.....we did quite well there). I think most of these boards have their place and CC.com has a niche as well. Just don't make general statements over there. They will ask you for examples and facts. Of that you can be sure.

+Quote Post
bruecksteve
post Jul 29 2004, 08:15 PM
Post #19

Really Old Corner Carver

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 21

Sorry, just don't like their elitist attitude. They can keep their site FWIW.

+Quote Post
Soma07
post Jul 29 2004, 08:16 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 25

I am far from the most technical person but I've never had any problems posting there. The general discussion area can get a little rough sometimes but the tech areas are solid (albeit Mustang centric).

All you have to do is follow the rules, don't ask stupid questions, and do a little research yourself before asking for help. Do that and you'll be fine. Don't and you'll get banned, very simple.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 12:43 PM