IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Hotpart.comSolo PerformanceUMI PerformanceUnbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This is an F-Body only site ... so how
mitchntx
post Dec 30 2003, 02:37 AM
Post #1

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

is it gonna be policed?

As it stands, anyone can easily register. Mustang, C5, BMW, POrsche owners have free access.

I don't care one way or the other, BUT, the whole point is to have an F-Body place, right?

Just thinking outloud ...
We have a nice core group of F-Body owners. Why not close registration and make it by invitation/member reference only?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John_D.
post Dec 30 2003, 02:48 AM
Post #2

Engine and Tools Moderator

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 6

I like the idea of the site having an f-body focus.

I'm not sure that going to a "by invitation only" setup is needed though.... We still have a few people trickling in from other boards. And what about a new f-body owner? Or somebody who is interested in f-bodies? How do they ever get to know any of us, to get invited?

I'm on a couple of other f-body specific sites. www.mtfba.org and www.camarov6.com

Both of these allow anybody to register, and it seems to work ok. For instance, in mtfba, we have someone who drives an Impala. But he thinks we're a cool bunch of guys to hang out with. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) On camarov6, we have people who used to drive an f-body, even a few Mustang guys. They don't cause any trouble. (and if they did, they're vastly outnumbered on the board.) (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

So that's my initial thoughts on it.

I guess if it starts getting out of control, then we could do something a little more strict at that time. I'm hoping we won't run into that situation.

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Dec 30 2003, 02:54 AM
Post #3

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

Like I said, I was just thinking outloud.

I know what it was like on LS1.com when it started growing.

Of course, many of you guys "policed" the intruder into complete submission. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
mjf454
post Dec 30 2003, 02:58 AM
Post #4

You're my chicane

Member No.: 13

I would like to see it stay f-bod or at least GM. Other wise you may have to scroll through 3 pages of Mustang suspension mods that require a plasma cutter, just to get to one f-bod thread.

+Quote Post
bruecksteve
post Dec 30 2003, 02:59 AM
Post #5

Really Old Corner Carver

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 21

I agree, let's see how it goes.

I spent 3 hours last night reading the post over in the sccaforums forum regarding the ESP issue iwth Sti's and Evo's. Some of the crap that went on there never should have happened if the people moderating that forum did what they should have done. I think above all, people HAVE to be respectful of everyone else and not resort to name calling and bashing. That was totally uncalled for. And they wonder why some people don't want to post there.

+Quote Post
94bird
post Dec 30 2003, 04:09 AM
Post #6

Insert catch phrase here

Member No.: 20

I agree that the board is way too new to close registration or make it invitation only. Besides, the main focus of the board is a place for F body owners to learn more about how to make their cars handle. If other people want to join the board with other types of cars I'm all for a good exchange of information. We just have to be vigilant about making sure the attitude of the posts is constructive. This should be a place where people aren't afraid to ask questions for fear of being annihilated by a bolt of lightning from above. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post
Trance
post Dec 30 2003, 05:10 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 17

I think keeping it F-body specific is probably best. I mean, there are soooo many other boards out there for other cars.

However, I don't think closing registration would be a good idea. We need to be able to have new people come in with new ideas. I believe this will keep the board from stagnating. A bit more traffic will help get more responses to questions asked, which will keep people coming back here. If we did get a few rotten apples, measures could be taken against that individual.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:06 PM