IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Solo PerformanceHotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.comUMI Performance
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stan at Grattan
StanIROCZ
post Sep 9 2012, 12:43 AM
Post #1

Veteran Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,144

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzV3c0e2Hnc

BTW Harrys Lap timer withe iphone is the bomb. I have another lap im going to try and upload.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shortcutsleeping
post Sep 9 2012, 04:28 AM
Post #2

Experienced Member

Member No.: 62

Nice video!!
What cam and what data acq and overlay?

Tight little course...looks pretty busy but it looks like your car was handling well and you looked smooth!!

Costas
cars and such...

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Sep 9 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #3

Veteran Member

QUOTE (Shortcutsleeping @ Sep 9 2012, 12:28 AM) *

100% iphone and the Harrys lap timer app. Iphone 1080p camera, iphone gps, iphone accelerometer, And 20$ for the app - i couldnt be happier with it. The next things i will get are an add in gps module for better accuracy and an obd2 cable or bluetooth and with that harrys lap timer can pull in engine data (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Steve91T
post Sep 9 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #4

Experienced Member

Member No.: 9,105

QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Sep 9 2012, 05:28 AM) *
QUOTE (Shortcutsleeping @ Sep 9 2012, 12:28 AM) *

100% iphone and the Harrys lap timer app. Iphone 1080p camera, iphone gps, iphone accelerometer, And 20$ for the app - i couldnt be happier with it. The next things i will get are an add in gps module for better accuracy and an obd2 cable or bluetooth and with that harrys lap timer can pull in engine data (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I had no idea. Is this the 4s? I'm holding out for the 5 to come out.

How long can you record and how do you upload the videos? Transfer them to a computer after each race?

+Quote Post
FASTFATBOY
post Sep 9 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #5

Experienced Member

Member No.: 1,410

Car looks fast.

Killer phoneware.

I have the Trackmaster app for Android but haven't used it.

+Quote Post
1meanZ
post Sep 9 2012, 01:07 PM
Post #6

Mullet club chairman

Member No.: 1,135

cool video man I like it. Looks like I need to finally break down and get into the smart phone world.

Looks like the brakes are performing well. I assume you got them all bled out and balanced to your liking?

+Quote Post
Racerdad916
post Sep 9 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #7

Full NVH

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,854

very nice! car looks like it was turning well. As far as the apps go, is there a droid version of the Harry's LT? Makes me wish I had the iPhone instead of the Commando droid I bought.....

+Quote Post
Shortcutsleeping
post Sep 9 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #8

Experienced Member

Member No.: 62

Wait wait wait....

What mount did you use on the iphone? And how does it do G readings standing up? Are you using the internal mic also? MOAR DETAILZ!!!!!

:-)

I've watched the vid quite a few times now, very cool!!!

Costas
cars and such...

+Quote Post
FASTFATBOY
post Sep 9 2012, 08:38 PM
Post #9

Experienced Member

QUOTE (Shortcutsleeping @ Sep 9 2012, 08:00 PM) *
Wait wait wait....

What mount did you use on the iphone? And how does it do G readings standing up? Are you using the internal mic also? MOAR DETAILZ!!!!!

Costas
cars and such...

I bought this mount, but have yet to use it. It's bad ass, I like it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049K4ZR...ohs_product_img

This post has been edited by FASTFATBOY: Sep 9 2012, 08:41 PM

+Quote Post
Steve91T
post Sep 9 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #10

Experienced Member

QUOTE (Racerdad916 @ Sep 9 2012, 02:01 PM) *
very nice! car looks like it was turning well. As far as the apps go, is there a droid version of the Harry's LT? Makes me wish I had the iPhone instead of the Commando droid I bought.....

Don't even bother. If yours is anything like my X, you'll get done with a run to find that your Droid has been locked up the entire time. Iphone's work like they should, all the time. Droid, not so much. Mine gets shut down and restarted every single day.

+Quote Post
Steve91T
post Sep 9 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #11

Experienced Member

I wonder if you can record with a GoPro but still use the Iphone for GPS and an overlay.

+Quote Post
BobP
post Sep 10 2012, 12:00 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 934

QUOTE (Steve91T @ Sep 9 2012, 04:41 PM) *
I wonder if you can record with a GoPro but still use the Iphone for GPS and an overlay.

The app website says that it has been done successfully. I don't quite understand it, but I'm no whiz with video. Seems you need to sync the video with ITunes, then align the Lap Timer data with the video. There a bunch of good stuff here - it's a well developed site. Overlaying it on a 30-minute GoPro vid would be great.

BobP

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Sep 10 2012, 01:50 AM
Post #13

Veteran Member

A vid from the first session today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlpHgX1l2Mw

I downloaded this in hi-def which requires wifi which i didnt have at the track.

Day 2 I moved up to group 1 with the 'fast guys' and open passing = big fun. Unfortunately i goofed and didnt get anymore recordings the rest of the day which is unfortunate b/c i probable had some faster laps. Oh well im happy with a 1:27:xx, a car that didnt have any major problems and great weather.

I also met Tyler Wilson here from the board, great guy. Hes got a 99 ws6 with lots of Blaine fab and strano stuff and a turbo system that isnt working to well at the moment. He rode with me and i rode with him, hopefully what i told him was good advice :-)

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Sep 10 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #14

Veteran Member

QUOTE (Steve91T @ Sep 9 2012, 08:32 AM) *
I had no idea. Is this the 4s? I'm holding out for the 5 to come out.

How long can you record and how do you upload the videos? Transfer them to a computer after each race?

Yes, 4s.

I’m not sure how long it can record,, but these are 20 minute sessions and I might have had 4 sessions on there at a time?? I am having memory issues at the moment so I need to work out a solution to transfer this data while at the track.

The 2 laps I’ve shown you are the only vids that I’ve uploaded so far. I have full session vids that I haven’t figured out how to overlay with the GPS / Accelerometer data yet. For one lap at a time it is easy just select the lap in the ‘lap list’ and press ‘overlay’. It processes for a couple minutes and saves the 1 lap vid in the ‘photos’ app on the phone. From there I can post it on you tube or wherever else. But I can also watch the videos within the Harry’s lap timer app.

There are lots of other cool features like charts where you can compare your fastest lap versus other laps. Sometimes you might have a faster sector time in one lap that happens to not be your fastest lap. With that I could see that I started braking later which made me faster or I just had a faster corner speed etc. In the charts section you can overlay MPH, lateral acceleration, linear acceleration, altitude (height), and engine rpm for 2 laps at a time.

I’m still learning about it as I go so I’m sure there are many things that I’m not taking advantage of yet. The most annoying thing so far is my memory is full. On Harry’s website he recommends getting a higher memory phone and for some reason I missed that before I got my phone. I need to do some searching for a solution to this.

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Sep 10 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #15

Veteran Member

QUOTE (1meanZ @ Sep 9 2012, 09:07 AM) *
cool video man I like it. Looks like I need to finally break down and get into the smart phone world.

Looks like the brakes are performing well. I assume you got them all bled out and balanced to your liking?

Yes, you do. It really is a life changer.

Brakes did pretty well I think. I was having a soft pedal that would start mid-way into the session but it would also get firm if I pumped the pedal going into the turn so I wonder if it is a pad knock back issues. It being there not at the beginning of a sessions makes me think it is heat related, but me being able to pump the pedal once and it get firm makes me think a wheel bearing might be loose. Also, turn 1 is after the long straight which is when the brakes get used the hardest. Turn 2 always had a firm pedal for some reason.

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Sep 10 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #16

Veteran Member

QUOTE (Shortcutsleeping @ Sep 9 2012, 04:00 PM) *
Wait wait wait....

Costas
cars and such...

I used parts from here: http://www.rammount.com/ (recommended by Harry).

There is quite some flex in the mount so I’m sure that effects ‘jerk’ (rate of change of acceleration) but in a steady state condition the accelerometer will still be accurate. For example, in the esses where I’m in a hard right then immediately change to a hard left the accelerometer might be a little slow to change because the mount is moving, but once it has settled the reading will be accurate. I have a feeling that some flex is a necessary evil to damp out high frequency vibrations that will damage the phone.

I’ll post up a pic of my mount system.

+Quote Post
FASTFATBOY
post Sep 10 2012, 01:07 PM
Post #17

Experienced Member

QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Sep 10 2012, 12:58 PM) *
QUOTE (Shortcutsleeping @ Sep 9 2012, 04:00 PM) *
Wait wait wait....

Costas
cars and such...

I used parts from here: http://www.rammount.com/ (recommended by Harry).

There is quite some flex in the mount so I’m sure that effects ‘jerk’ (rate of change of acceleration) but in a steady state condition the accelerometer will still be accurate. For example, in the esses where I’m in a hard right then immediately change to a hard left the accelerometer might be a little slow to change because the mount is moving, but once it has settled the reading will be accurate. I have a feeling that some flex is a necessary evil to damp out high frequency vibrations that will damage the phone.

I’ll post up a pic of my mount system.

They have some cool stuff!

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Sep 10 2012, 01:27 PM
Post #18

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

QUOTE (Steve91T @ Sep 9 2012, 06:40 PM) *
QUOTE (Racerdad916 @ Sep 9 2012, 02:01 PM) *

Don't even bother. If yours is anything like my X, you'll get done with a run to find that your Droid has been locked up the entire time. Iphone's work like they should, all the time. Droid, not so much. Mine gets shut down and restarted every single day.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My friends look at me like I'm crazy when I say I've had two droids and all either one has done is make me angry. Mine is always crashing and doing stupid stuff. I thought I just had an old POS so I bought a new one (a current generation Motorola) and it's a bit faster but about as bad as the last one.

My GF has an Iphone 4S and likes it...but I don't like Apple anymore than I like Google or Microsoft...(guess I'm screwed).

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Sep 20 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #19

Veteran Member

QUOTE (trackbird @ Sep 10 2012, 09:27 AM) *
...(guess I'm screwed).

Yeah, pretty much (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/nutkick.gif) Or just get over it and get the iPhone. It's my first Apple product and I like it a lot.

Phone mount:
(IMG:http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/StanIROCZ/Data%20Acquisition/BCAB4680-00FE-4182-B11B-4D56CBDE8485-15879-000015A3D2BE1C95.jpg)

(IMG:http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/StanIROCZ/Data%20Acquisition/C7DD9B0D-9A95-457C-B652-4934D33DD9A5-15879-000015A3DDCCC9B8.jpg)

View through the windshield from the outside:
(IMG:http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o33/StanIROCZ/Data%20Acquisition/2958CE5B-CBCA-448C-A461-F76EEE98846A-15879-000015A3AD0CE09D.jpg)

My Ram Mount http://www.rammount.com/ order:
1 1.00 EA RAM-B-201U-C RAM DOUBLE SOCKET ARM B BALL C LENGTH $20.84 $20.84
2 1.00 EA RAM-B-252U RAM .87 X 2.25 WITH 11 MM HOLE & 1" BALL $12.95 $12.95
3 1.00 EA RAM-HOL-UN7BU X-GRIP UNIVERSAL HOLDER WITH 1" BALL $26.88 $26.88

If I could do it over again I wouldn't get the long arm, I'd get the short one instead.

Also, the battery drains fast so I got a 10' charge cable from Amazon... having said that the damn thing doesn't work so I have to trouble shoot that.

+Quote Post
Steve91T
post Sep 20 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #20

Experienced Member

I'm getting the iphone 5 tomorrow! I can't wait. I will NOT miss my Droid X!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:19 AM