IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

UMI PerformanceHotpart.comBlaine Fabrication.comSolo PerformanceUnbalanced Engineering

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 9 Bolt axles
InfernalVortex
post Oct 31 2014, 01:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 119,647

Apparently one of mine is bent... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I need a driver's side 9-bolt axle.

Or a 3rd gen width 10-bolt... I have a 28-spline 3-series posi for a 10-bolt that I've had one a shelf for the day I blow up the 9-bolt because I promised myself I wouldn't put any more money into it... But getting the 9-bolt fixed is Plan A.

Im in middle Georgia.

This post has been edited by InfernalVortex: Oct 31 2014, 01:02 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Oct 31 2014, 05:51 AM
Post #2

I build race cars

Member No.: 874

QUOTE (InfernalVortex @ Oct 30 2014, 06:01 PM) *
Apparently one of mine is bent... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I need a driver's side 9-bolt axle.

Or a 3rd gen width 10-bolt... I have a 28-spline 3-series posi for a 10-bolt that I've had one a shelf for the day I blow up the 9-bolt because I promised myself I wouldn't put any more money into it... But getting the 9-bolt fixed is Plan A.

Im in middle Georgia.

What year and model is the 9 bolt from? I'll check with my supplier. Would you want it with ARP's and nuts?

+Quote Post
ReEntryRacer
post Oct 31 2014, 09:40 AM
Post #3

ReEntryRacer

Member No.: 569

Quite a long shipping route, but I do have 2 good 9-bolt D/S axles (one with ARP studs installed) if Alan can't hook you up. Good used condition.

Larry Bell

Near Vancouver BC

+Quote Post
roostmeyer
post Nov 3 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,727

I've got 2 spares as well.

+Quote Post
InfernalVortex
post Nov 4 2014, 02:43 AM
Post #5

I had a guy get in touch with me on thirdgen.org a few hours after I posted this, and he got it shipped out today. He says it needs a new bearing, so I've got to see how that plays out before I know if everything is kosher. But it's good to know there's a plan B here. If I still need one I will let you guys know later this week. Thanks!

+Quote Post
InfernalVortex
post Nov 8 2014, 09:54 PM
Post #6

Blaine it's an 89 9-bolt... I think it was from an 89 GTA? Thats what I was told anyway. I don't need or care about ARP studs. Would be nice, but I just want to get something on the car that isnt bent.

Im having a bear of a time trying to get this axle to work... it's just not going into the carrier at all, even though the old axle slides right in no problem. I know all 9 bolts are 28 spline so Im really confused. But I've given up on it working at this point. Nothing I try makes it fit.

So I need an axle again.

This post has been edited by InfernalVortex: Nov 9 2014, 08:06 AM

+Quote Post
InfernalVortex
post Nov 10 2014, 01:00 AM
Post #7

Yet another change of plans....

This has been a pretty frustrating turn of events. I was about to just spend $400 on axles from Moser, so I decided to check my cones for the first time since the 3.70's went in, and they're bottomed out in the case on the driver's side, and close to done on the other side. No way Im investing money in that axle when the posi is toast and there's not really a good way to fix it that will last.

So Im going look for a third gen 10-bolt. If you, by any chance, have a third gen 10-bolt with 28-spline axles and 89-92 rear disc brake backing plates.... Im interested.

Thanks guys.

+Quote Post
roostmeyer
post Nov 10 2014, 02:13 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,727

If you have a small lathe you can cut the cones down some so they don't bottom out. I wouldn't want to go hog wild on the, but it'll keep you going for a while.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:00 PM