IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Solo PerformanceHotpart.comBlaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringUMI Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> trackmasters HPDE 2006 events
jensend
post Jan 4 2006, 02:26 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 210

The 2006 schedule for Open Track and HPDE events is now posted on their web site: www.trackmasters.com All events listed are for Watkins Glen. The Kid's Day event is a really special experience.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
souseless
post Jan 4 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 158

For those that are in the open track groups they offer a ton of track time each day, 5 hours I think. Do you instruct or just enjoy their events? I have been to three of their events in the past 2 at WGI and 1 at Summit Point.

+Quote Post
GM01SS
post Jan 5 2006, 02:02 AM
Post #3

Nitto Destroyer!

Member No.: 29

I will probably make one or two of their events in 06. Most likely instructing!!!!!!!!!! :drive:

Gary

+Quote Post
35th_Anniversary...
post Jan 5 2006, 02:52 AM
Post #4

Chapter 11 Racing

Member No.: 207

I'll probably go up for the kids day thing... cash flow still bad (why do I keep spending money?) so I don't know if I could afford a full track day.

+Quote Post
jensend
post Jan 5 2006, 04:09 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

I run in the Open Track group, which does get 5 hours of track time per day. The Kids Day event is the highlight of my season. Camp Good Days and Happy Times bring their kids up. We give them rides and then have a "picnic" lunch at The Glen Club. The kids are absolutely amazing, especially considering the health issues that most of them struggle with. If I could only do one track day in a year, Kids Day would be my choice. If you want more info, there's details about the Kids day event on their web site. Trackmasters runs very well organized events.

This post has been edited by jensend: Jan 6 2006, 06:21 PM

+Quote Post
Teutonic Speedra...
post Jan 6 2006, 02:26 AM
Post #6

LS1 Inside! / Toolbox / Mechanical Engineer

Member No.: 179

I'd like to try and make it to one of these events with Gary and Dennis. I'm hoping I could get some recommendations in order to run in the Open Track group. I'm not signing up for anything until I have my car all back together and working! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
souseless
post Jan 6 2006, 03:09 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 158

I am in the student group. After the last event my instructors evaluation indicated that I should solo at my next event which I am looking forward to. I really need to improve turns 7&9 though. For you trackmasters regulars my instructor at each event has been Louis Bedtstat (white Porche #51) he's my uncle.

+Quote Post
jensend
post Jan 6 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

It's a good idea to maintain a log or resume of school and HPDE experience. I always provide a copy of mine when I run with a group for the first time. This can give the chief instructor something to use as a base for a preliminary assessment/run group assignment. It's good tool to help you be less of an "unknown commodity" to a gruop you've not run with.

+Quote Post
Teutonic Speedra...
post Jan 8 2006, 04:34 AM
Post #9

LS1 Inside! / Toolbox / Mechanical Engineer

Member No.: 179

QUOTE (jensend @ Jan 6 2006, 13:20)
It's a good idea to maintain a log or resume of school and HPDE experience. I always provide a copy of mine when I run with a group for the first time. This can give the chief instructor something to use as a base for a preliminary assessment/run group assignment. It's good tool to help you be less of an "unknown commodity" to a gruop you've not run with.

I agree! I have an excel spreadsheet listing date, track, car, organization, run group, weather, track miles, overall # days, etc.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2024 - 06:35 PM