IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Unbalanced EngineeringHotpart.comUMI PerformanceSolo PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 92 Firebird whole car or part out, Trying to help a friend out
rocky
post Sep 1 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 6,032

Quick story on this one. A friend of mine, single mother 3 kids 2 in college 1 in high school. Down to one vehicle due to an accident in the bird. No money to get a new one. She wants to try and get something for the bird so I am helping by posting here. It rear ended someone hard on the pass front side. I will post pics tonight I cannot get on facebook at work to get them. If some needs a new project it can be repaired (I am not much of a body man). Needs a new nose, rad support, fender,hood. Sell as whole or can part out which will probably be the better option. Powertrain is a 305 with an auto. Toughest car I have ever seen mix gas and air. High mileage but it was very dependable. Red exterior gray interior T-top car. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
1meanZ
post Sep 1 2010, 01:20 PM
Post #2

Mullet club chairman

Member No.: 1,135

I just parted a car out and I'll tell you than unless you have lots of time to spend on dissassembly, a place to store all the parts, and time to jockey around with people selling and shipping stuff, parting out is NOT the way to go. Also, the market for selling stuff like that seems to be pretty down right now. I've had lots of tire kickers on my stuff from guys on thirdgen.org, but none of them come through with the cash.

I'd strongly recommend that you sell the car as a whole to someone who can fix it. The engine and trans aren't worth anything. If it is a Trans Am with a TPI 305 the TPI stuff is worth a little bit but thats it. Some of the interior stuff is worth a little bit but I'm having a hard time selling interior stuff I had. It will be less hassle, less work, and you'll get more money if you sell the car as a whole.

+Quote Post
rocky
post Sep 1 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

I am hoping we can sell it as a whole car. You knowing the saying "money talks". Thanks for the tips on how hard it has been trying to sell stuff. I realize I did not price it cause any reasonable offer for any of it will not be refused. And I really hate sending things to the scrap yard that do have some potential. The bad thing is it is only a TBI 305.

+Quote Post
1meanZ
post Sep 1 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #4

Mullet club chairman

no problem, not trying to be negative, just being real about the trouble I've had lately.

Post pics up when you can, I'd like to see how hard it's been hit...

+Quote Post
rocky
post Sep 2 2010, 03:26 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

OK maybe I am a little computer challenged, I cannot figure out how to post the pics from my computer to here. can someone clue me in. Thanks

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Sep 2 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #6

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

Just link them from a photobucket account or a personal website.

+Quote Post
1meanZ
post Sep 2 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #7

Mullet club chairman

QUOTE (rocky @ Sep 2 2010, 11:26 AM) *
OK maybe I am a little computer challenged, I cannot figure out how to post the pics from my computer to here. can someone clue me in. Thanks

Well if you expect anyone to be interested in it you got to get pix up. People have to know how hard it's been hit. Create an account at photobucket.com, or e-mail me the pix and I'll host them.... mean305 at hotmail.com

+Quote Post
rocky
post Sep 2 2010, 07:15 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Is that the only way to add pics?

Here is the link92 Firebird

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:47 PM