IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Solo PerformanceUMI PerformanceUnbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.comHotpart.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Happy Father's Day, What a great way to spend it
mitchntx
post Jun 20 2004, 03:04 PM
Post #1

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

6hrs at the Glen

It's on SpeedChannel right now ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CMC#5
post Jun 20 2004, 05:15 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 160

Damn it! I'm sitting at the Four Seasons in Houston, so no speed channel for me. All I have is Nascar (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Oh well, it could be worse...at least I have a suite! Happy fathers day to all you dads.

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Jun 20 2004, 06:40 PM
Post #3

DAmn ... F1 caranage!

Not normally this many wrecks ... is it the Indy track?

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post Jun 20 2004, 07:01 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 27

I stopped watching F1 this year.....biggest Joke in motorsports.....until I can turn on the TV in the last few minutes of qualifying or a race, and say to myself BEFORE I turn the TV on....."it will be Ferrari 1-2".....AND BE RIGHT EVERY TIME, I wont watch that CRAP!

And the damn sanctioning body SEEMS TO LIKE IT THIS way....90% into the race, they BLACK FLAG the only car with a chance to challenge the Ferrari parade, Juan Pablo's BMW....oops just let out I WAS watching (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ....well NO MORE....not after yet ANOTHER joke of a race!

Got CART on Spike at 4pm and Grand AM at noon on Speed.....hopefully THAT will include SOME racing.... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post Jun 20 2004, 10:10 PM
Post #5

CMCer

Member No.: 194

I can relate about the Ferrari deal, however, watching them closely they are the modicum of teamwork. I have to admire that! I am glad Ralf is ok after a scary looking crash, and happy for Sato for finishing 3rd. He is the real deal! Nice to see a guy come up through the ranks of mediocrity. I can totally relate to that with my own racing career! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 20 2004, 10:12 PM
Post #6

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

Yup, the Indy race was "as usual". Glad Ralph is ok (haven't heard the final report on him yet). The safety crews took about 2 weeks to get to his car though???

The Glen was a good race, but it was nearly as bad as F1 to get started. I guess 3's a charm.

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post Jun 21 2004, 12:23 AM
Post #7

CMCer

Member No.: 194

Yeah, what was with those safety crews? Even the TV announcer guy said something about that and felt bad in doing it. You hate to criticize those whose job it is to save your life, however, their response did seem slow. I felt sorry for Ralf struggling around in that wreck until they showed up. I read on ESPN.com that they are keeping him overnight for observation, minor injuries. I am sure he was unconscious for a minute or so as he slumped over for that long.

It would also seem like there would be some video on what happened with Ralf, they showed only a snippet of the beginning of the accident. Yeah, we know he spun - what precipitated that?

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Jun 21 2004, 12:52 AM
Post #8

It looked like he got the "wag of death" ... whipped right, then left, then right ...

Did anyone else make note of the fact that the medical car had to go ALL the way around the track before getting to the accident?

And then, after Ralf was loaded, the ambulance had to do the same thing?

What was up with that?

+Quote Post
AllZWay
post Jun 21 2004, 03:31 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 74

F1 is a complete joke as far as competitve motorsports is related. A lawn mower race on Speed has more drama and excitement.

And does anyone else get the feeling that F1 wants NO ONE but Schuey to win??

I swear they do everything in their power to penalize Montoya.

3 whole lead changes today....and those came as a result of pit stops.

Whoo hoo that is some exciting crap. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Soma07
post Jun 21 2004, 05:56 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 25

Quit your whining people. I really, really sick of hearing all the Ferrari bashing. Of course they won again, when you have the best car, the best driver, and the best crew what else would you expect? Is it boring? Yes. Do I hope someone else wins? yes. Do I blame Ferrari for winning? No!

Bottom line is they had the fastest car and they only team not to make any mistakes. Williams didn't get JPM into the spare car fast enough, BAR should have pitted when Michael did and the others just plain weren't fast enough.

Now about the race. Ralf lost one of his rear tires which is why he went into the wall. Most likely cut down on a piece of debris from the first lap incident. Same for Alonso.

I agree Ralf's accident should have been handled MUCH better. First, the safety crew should have gotten there quicker. Second, they should have red flagged the race immediately. There was no reason not to with a car stuck in the middle of the track and pieces of debris everywhere. Lastly why did they have to go all the way around the infield with the ambulance after they finally got him out? It looked like a damn parade.

I also agree with their decision to black flag Montoya BUT they should have done it sooner, much sooner. I didn't like it but he clearly broke a rule (had to leave the grid 15sec prior to installation lap) and he had to be penalized for it.

+Quote Post
AllZWay
post Jun 22 2004, 01:23 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 74

All the things you mentioned made F1 look worse run than the local dirt track.

I don't think I have seen such poor decision making by a sanctioning body and that includes all the snafu's Nascar makes on a weekly basis. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

F1 is who has the most dollars wins and it is apparent that F1 will spend whatever it takes. I wasn't bashing Ferrari..just boring F1 in general.

If Montoya was illegal then he shouldn't have been allowed to start.... not half way through the race then decide he was illegal. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

This weeks solidifies the reason Americans can't stand F1 in general.

+Quote Post
RegaMaro
post Jun 22 2004, 02:52 AM
Post #12

Video Clip God

Member No.: 105

I spent my day suffering under the sun at the Michigan 400 in the pits and the grandstands (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I'll upload some pics and a short "3ft from the wall" video of the cars as they pass by. Was a great day!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 06:11 AM