IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Solo PerformanceHotpart.comBlaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringUMI Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> gage pods / gages, Who has 'em?
Rob Hood
post May 1 2006, 05:50 AM
Post #1

Experienced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 130

Looking at the Autometer 2-gage pod (p/n 12212). Intend to run an oil temp gage and water temp gage. Which brand/style gages are you guys/gals running? Hate to ask "less filling tastes great" questions but was curious about the particular gage version. For instance, the Autometer oil temp gage (140-300 deg F range) costs anywhere from $37.95 to $130.95. Any reason to look at another gage brand like Stewart-Warner or Nordskog? I'm not sure I'd want a digital gage (a'la Cyberdyne) but maybe so?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Teutonic Speedra...
post May 1 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #2

LS1 Inside! / Toolbox / Mechanical Engineer

Member No.: 179

I went with Autometer Ultra-lite gauges (Oil and Water Temp). I think they were only ~$45 or so in the 2-1/16" size. I'd like to mention that I had a pillar mounted gauge pod at first.....and that it blocked my vision when on the track a bit.

+Quote Post
John_D.
post May 1 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #3

Engine and Tools Moderator

Member No.: 6

I have a 2 gauge pod. Sometimes I'll catch my ring finger on it, if I palm the wheel with my left hand in the parking lot. Jams that sucker good when I do that... If you ever plan to palm the wheel, make sure the pod is setup so your hand will go between the gauges, not into one of them.

Autometer phantom. Fuel pressure and boost. I prefer an analog sweep to a digital.

The electric version of a gauge is quite a bit higher than the mechanical version of the same guage. That's probably why you're seeing such a big variance in price.

+Quote Post
Brandon
post May 1 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 748

I also have a 2 guage pod, fuel press (long story) and an oil temp.

I also have an Autometer Ultra Lite electric oil temp guage for sale. It goes to 250*. Guage is used, but in perfect condition and all hardware is brand new still in plastic bags. Can't beat it.

(IMG:http://www.casadenico.net/albums/album65/DSC01458.sized.jpg)

+Quote Post
AndyJ
post May 1 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 791

My solution - oil,diff,trans; all electric. The navi can see them as well which has proved to be necessary.

(IMG:http://www.texasinterceptors.com/images/gauges.jpg)

+Quote Post
Cal
post May 4 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #6

Experienced Member

Member No.: 317

I used a three gauge A-pillar pod until I stripped the car. Now the gauges are where the stereo used to be. I'll sell the pod cheap if anyone wants it. I'm using Autometer full sweep Cobalt gauges; I love them but they are pricey.

+Quote Post
torontoZ28
post May 4 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 543

My friend has the same set up in his z28 - the cobalt gauges look amazing. (send me a pm with how much you want for the gauge pod)

QUOTE (Cal @ May 4 2006, 11:40 AM) *
I used a three gauge A-pillar pod until I stripped the car. Now the gauges are where the stereo used to be. I'll sell the pod cheap if anyone wants it. I'm using Autometer full sweep Cobalt gauges; I love them but they are pricey.

+Quote Post
NataSS Inc
post May 4 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 73

Pro comp liquid filled pWn jO0!

+Quote Post
rmackintosh
post May 4 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (NataSS Inc @ May 4 2006, 12:35 PM) *
Pro comp liquid filled pWn jO0!

.....werd.....YO! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rotf.gif)

+Quote Post
00 Trans Ram
post May 5 2006, 12:51 AM
Post #10

Experienced Member

Member No.: 303

You can see from another post, I bought a set of QuickCar gauges, oil temp, oil pressure, and water temp. The whole thing cost $130. What's my opinon of QuickCar quality? Dunno - but I bought them from a shop that specializes in dirt-track parts. I figure if it holds up to dirt tracks, it'll hold up to a road course!

BTW, I decided to leave my dash in and mount the gauges where the AC vents were. Damn thing looks MINT!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:13 AM