IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Solo PerformanceHotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.comUMI Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corvettes Don't Float
2000Z-71
post Aug 8 2005, 07:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 314

Link to a thread in the Corvette forum. Definately worth scrolling through to get to the "recovery" pictures...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread...358&forum_id=50
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Aug 8 2005, 07:25 PM
Post #2

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

Sad. I always wanted one of those cars. I know there are better cars now days, but the ZR1 was one of the first really fast cars that I became fascinated with (and the Ferrari Testarossa) when I was younger.

Damn, that sucks.

+Quote Post
slowTA
post Aug 8 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #3

Experienced Member

Member No.: 331

Wow... that sucks in so many different ways. I would be determined enough to strip the car and dry it out as quick as possible. If it still smells that just means its begging for a cage with no interior.

+Quote Post
Teutonic Speedra...
post Aug 8 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #4

LS1 Inside! / Toolbox / Mechanical Engineer

Member No.: 179

QUOTE (slowTA @ Aug 8 2005, 16:05)
Wow... that sucks in so many different ways. I would be determined enough to strip the car and dry it out as quick as possible. If it still smells that just means its begging for a cage with no interior.

Hey Chris....it's local for both of us!

+Quote Post
Cal
post Aug 8 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #5

Experienced Member

Member No.: 317

Good show! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) And I thought AX was low-risk racing!

+Quote Post
redbird1
post Aug 8 2005, 11:43 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 203

Dude! Where's my car?

+Quote Post
slowTA
post Aug 8 2005, 11:46 PM
Post #7

Experienced Member

Member No.: 331

QUOTE (Teutonic Speedracer @ Aug 8 2005, 17:34)
Hey Chris....it's local for both of us!

Yeah, to be honest... that section of missing fence is where the previous owner of my car has his spot for the spring swap meet.

I've never been to Englishtown to drive, just to watch friends and the swap meets. Maybe once I FINALLY graduate I'll have time to make more autocrosses, haven't been to one yet this year. I didn't even know there was a local autocross this weekend.

I'll definately keep my eyes open for the damage at the fall swap, and if I ever get there for an autocross. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post
Rob Hood
post Aug 9 2005, 01:10 AM
Post #8

Experienced Member

Member No.: 130

Finally! A car that I can put a periscope in!!! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

+Quote Post
nape
post Aug 9 2005, 03:00 AM
Post #9

Veteran Member

Member No.: 540

My story that I posted on that forum...

QUOTE (RJR99SS)
but anything electrical is dead. It's going to need a whole new wiring system, as well as any electrical related components (engine and interior)

Not necessarily.

Last year I had a '91 Trans Am GTA and I had the ECM sitting on the floor because I was tuning it. Anyway, I had a couple too many beers with buddies that night and left the windows down with the car in the driveway.

I woke up the next morning already running late to meet up with my boss for a meeting with a company two hours away. I walked outside and was greeted by the computer sitting in 2-3" of water in the driver's side floorboard. I poured the water out and duct taped the computer to the dash, still dripping water, threw a towel on the driver's seat and took off. The car ran like **** in what I can guess was limp-home mode but it still ran. I ended up missing my boss due to leaving my cell phone at home.

Took the car home, shop-vac'd a couple gallons of water out of the interior, let the computer air dry on the dash for a few hours, then jumped in and drove to work and it was fine. Drove it for 4 more months before I traded it on a better daily driver.

Just a story on water logged electronics... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rotf.gif)

This post has been edited by nape: Aug 9 2005, 03:02 AM

+Quote Post
Absolut Speed
post Aug 9 2005, 03:30 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

Bummer, they pulled the pics tonight.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:13 PM