IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Blaine Fabrication.comUMI PerformanceSolo PerformanceUnbalanced EngineeringHotpart.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reese Shadowmount hitch & exhaust clearance
CharlieFoxtrot
post Mar 19 2007, 02:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 163

Hey all --

WTF, I can't say "y-apostrophe-all"??

I just put a Reese Shadowmount hitch (now discontinued) on my kid's 96 Camaro so he can pull his 14' aluminum boat w/9.9hp outboard. Boat, motor and trailer combined probably weigh under 600 lb.

I got the hitch at the junkyard off a car that had no exhaust, so while the $30 price was right, I didn't know it wouldn't clear the Flowmaster that's on his car. See, the main frame of the hitch goes further to the drivers side than the passenger, because of the way the gas tank is offset. The pipes are evenly spaced under the car. The DS tailpipe hits the hitch hard. If I spaced them out further so the DS cleared the hitch, the PS would probably hit the spare tire well. I'll try it though. If I just moved the DS pipe, they'd be lopsided.

I'm thinking I could notch the DS tailpipe to clear. It's a stock 3.8, so it's got more exhaust flow than it needs. Or I could change to a muffler with the outlets on the same side. Or a single exhaust. Or I could try a different hitch.

Any other experience with this hitch? What exhaust did you use?

thanks!
kevin

This post has been edited by CharlieFoxtrot: Mar 19 2007, 02:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:24 AM