IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Hotpart.comSolo PerformanceUnbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.comUMI Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GENERAL FORUM GUIDELINES:PLEASE READ, DO's and Donts
NataSS Inc
post Mar 5 2004, 06:13 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 73

Just want to set a couple of guidelines for the general forum.

Think of the general forum as a place to "shoot the breeze" so to speak.

All technical information about suspension, oil, cams, pistons, cranks, cooling devices etc have a specific forum for anything relating to those topics. So please post them in there so "Aboslut Speed" and myself don't have to be moving threads all over the board.

I don't want to sound like the forum Gestapo because this is a very easy going board but I would like to keep a bit of continuity in the area that Absolut and myself are responsible for.

The ONLY thing I ask is that we don't have any threads that have to do with "My girl friend just dumped me and I have tears in my ears because I am on the floor crying like a 2 year old" (AKA Teenage thread). Most of us are grown men and should be able to deal with that kind of a situation.

I will sticky this for any comments, questions, moans and or complaints.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
robz71lm7
post Mar 5 2004, 06:16 PM
Post #2

Veteran Member

Member No.: 40

No nazi's here. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Posting it in the specific forum will allow everyone to get the right audience and more replies. Plus it helps those that do a search in the future.

+Quote Post
Trance
post Mar 6 2004, 04:08 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 17

Maybe some people are confused by the forum sub-title that says "low-tech automotive talk".

No complaints from me though. This board is nice & laid-back.

+Quote Post
Absolut Speed
post Mar 6 2004, 04:45 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

The last thing I want is to see is moderator issues that have existed elsewhere, but I concur with everything Boyce has set out. Of course, having no sponsor issues, and what I believe is a far classier, reasoned and intelligent membership should alleviate most problems.

Keeping the place well-organized by subject is just a good way to establish a more useful database of searchable information and hopefully keeps threads on topic.

Happy posting!

PS Above all else, no matter the temptation, try to maintain your sense of civility.

+Quote Post
Chris 96 WS6
post Mar 6 2004, 04:46 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Member
Member No.: 1

My definition of low-tech is things like basic cosmetic things, washer fluid and other stuff which doesn't need to be taking up space in our tech forums.

+Quote Post
NataSS Inc
post Mar 7 2004, 03:30 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (Chris 96 WS6 @ Mar 5 2004, 10:46 PM)
My definition of low-tech is things like basic cosmetic things, washer fluid and other stuff which doesn't need to be taking up space in our tech forums.

Works for me.

+Quote Post
Nestromo
post Jun 3 2004, 07:13 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 343

NataSS - If/when my GF breaks up with you, can I send my whiney sad thoughts straight to you? (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

My real question is this - is there any way for me to set it up to subscribe me to threads that I post in so that I can view replies to it when I come visit the site?

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Jun 3 2004, 08:22 PM
Post #8

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

QUOTE (Nestromo @ Jun 3 2004, 02:13 PM)
NataSS - If/when my GF breaks up with you, can I send my whiney sad thoughts straight to you? (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

My real question is this - is there any way for me to set it up to subscribe me to threads that I post in so that I can view replies to it when I come visit the site?

Go to "My Controls" in the top right corner.

At the lower left, go to "E-mail settings"

Go to the bottom of the page and select "Enable Email Notification by Default".

That will subscribe you to any topics you post in or start and send an E-mail when there is a reply.

That is one way to do what you ask.

+Quote Post
Nestromo
post Jun 4 2004, 12:47 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 343

Thanks TB. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
rhino
post Nov 19 2004, 12:38 AM
Post #10

Group: Members
Member No.: 516

you guy are the best! being new to sport im getting lots of advice and learning alot. now i just need to learn how to drive! :drive: as someone put it "take care of the nut behind the wheel first"

+Quote Post
cdb95z28
post Mar 14 2005, 06:23 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 170

I gotta agree with Rhino. Everybody here is fantastic and with so much info that you guys bring out, us RR/AX newbies are grateful for the advice/tech/etc.
It`s great that it is laid back and everyone has a great sense of humor. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:34 AM