Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The new to me 2002 Z28 (convertible)
trackbird
post Apr 13 2018, 12:48 AM
Post #481

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

The SLP Y pipe didn't fit well and it appeared that I would spend all my time dragging it down the road. I'll revisit that later. For tonight I put the stock Y pipe back on it and used the stepped strap band clamp for the Y pipe to Hooker main pipe transition.

I adjusted the exhaust (adjusted means I had to bend the pipe that comes over the axle to the muffler a bit) to line up the tail pipes and then snugged everything down. Topped off the coolant and PS fluid (Redline) and we got in a 65 mile drive tonight.

It's running, no leaks, no rattles and nothing caught fire. I'll take it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post Apr 13 2018, 02:24 AM
Post #482

Veteran Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 385

A fire-free ride in a F-body is a win-win in my book!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Apr 13 2018, 11:24 AM
Post #483

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (CrashTestDummy @ Apr 12 2018, 10:24 PM) *
A fire-free ride in a F-body is a win-win in my book!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

Sometimes you have to enjoy the small victories. lol.

There was enough power steering fluid all over the bottom that I hosed it down with brake clean (just the K member and "metal bits"). Between PS fluid and brake clean, I figured we could burn the thing to the ground.

The stepped strap band clamp did a perfect job of making the exhaust "solid" and sealing the step. The factory band clamp (y pipe to exhaust) that's only 1" wide wasn't able to actually get the pipe tight against the y pipe. I ran it down with my small electric impact and it still wiggled at the connection.

I ordered two clamps with the hopes that one would fit well. This did the job perfectly:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aph-9667

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Apr 16 2018, 01:35 AM
Post #484

FRRAX Owner/Admin

I installed the Stoptech rear rotors tonight. I'm slowly getting things crossed off my list. I still have to deal with the leaking rear diff cover gasket, so I picked up some Mobile 1 gear lube today to go with the gasket and black RTV I bought a few weeks ago.

After that, I need to install the Alan Blaine upgraded front sway bar mounts.

Also, it appears that the 91 octane tune from the Diablosport tuner has fixed the audible knock I could hear at wide open throttle. I need to do some datalogging with it to verify that all is well and possibly make a few adjustments....but it seems better than it was before. Hopefully I'm on the right track.

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 23 24 25
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2018 - 06:57 PM