IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Blaine Fabrication.comUnbalanced EngineeringUMI PerformanceSolo PerformanceHotpart.com
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the 2009 National F-body Motorsports Event forum
trackbird
post Aug 10 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #1

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

I wanted to take a moment to welcome you to the NFME 2009 forum. The NFME is a long running event for F-body enthusiasts that has drag racing, autocrossing, HPDE/track time and a car show. This is the best excuse in the world for taking your car out to an event where you can meet and hang out with other owners with similar interests. FRRAX.com is pairing up with the NFME this year in an effort to make this event the best it can be and this will be a central hub for the HPDE/Autocross participants to ask questions and get updates about the event. There will be other sites handling the drag racing and car show portions of the event and there will be information on the NFME site as well (which is currently under construction).

Bookmark this link, you'll find more information about the event here as soon as the site is completed:

http://www.fbody-event.org/

Welcome aboard and I look forward to an outstanding event in 2008.

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

TB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Milkman
post Aug 11 2007, 12:54 AM
Post #2

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 947

Thanks Kevin!!

Yes, I'm looking forward to another GREAT event! I think this year you're going to have to sign up early to get a spot.

Memphis is a nice little road course, plenty of fun, some good times hanging with people from all walks of life, road racers, drag racers, car show people!! All hanging out, having a great time.

I can't wait. See you all there!!
-jeff

+Quote Post
35th_Anniversary...
post Aug 12 2007, 04:41 AM
Post #3

Chapter 11 Racing

Member No.: 207

May 15th is the last day for my company's technical conference in Houston. The 16th is my Friday off, but by the time I drive from Lubbock to Memphis it'd be about over. I'll have to wait another year I suppose.

+Quote Post
cccbock
post Aug 13 2007, 01:24 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,113

QUOTE (Milkman @ Aug 10 2007, 07:54 PM) *
Thanks Kevin!!

Yes, I'm looking forward to another GREAT event! I think this year you're going to have to sign up early to get a spot.

Memphis is a nice little road course, plenty of fun, some good times hanging with people from all walks of life, road racers, drag racers, car show people!! All hanging out, having a great time.

I can't wait. See you all there!!
-jeff

Id like to join Milkman and Kevin and welcome everybody here on FRRAX to the NFME 2008.

Now if I can just get my damn car back from Milkman........

Bock

+Quote Post
Milkman
post Aug 13 2007, 01:43 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (cccbock @ Aug 12 2007, 08:24 PM) *
Now if I can just get my damn car back from Milkman........

Bock

It's done, come get it!! (I didn't tell you that already? Must be the extreme heat....)

And even if you can only get there Saturday, that's still going to be a lot of fun.....

Only 10 months or something to go!!
-jeff

+Quote Post
Shortcutsleeping
post Aug 13 2007, 02:46 AM
Post #6

Experienced Member

Member No.: 62

I'm stoked about this event and am going to try very hard to make it. Indy was simply too far from south texas, but Memphis is doable. The issue now is that only one car fits in the trailer and I'd really like to take two.

:-\

Costas
cars and such...

+Quote Post
Milkman
post Aug 13 2007, 03:11 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Shortcutsleeping @ Aug 12 2007, 09:46 PM) *
I'm stoked about this event and am going to try very hard to make it. Indy was simply too far from south texas, but Memphis is doable. The issue now is that only one car fits in the trailer and I'd really like to take two.

Bring a friend, drive one, trailer one, share track fun with your bud. Easy!!

Or find someone with a 2 car trailer and borrow that!

Oh, and we will be doing the ever popular Tow Vehicle Challenge again... So bring the modded truck!

Lots of ways to skin that cat!
-jeff

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Aug 13 2007, 03:32 AM
Post #8

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (Milkman @ Aug 12 2007, 11:11 PM) *
Oh, and we will be doing the ever popular Tow Vehicle Challenge again... So bring the modded truck!

Tow vehicle challenge? I'm afraid to ask, but I'm guessing it involves driving 1320 feet at a time?

+Quote Post
Shortcutsleeping
post Aug 13 2007, 03:40 AM
Post #9

Experienced Member

Yeah, I'll figure SOMEthing out by then. I don't really wanna track my ax car and vice versa. The duramax is unmodded and will stay that way and will not be part of a towvehicle challenge as my luck would have it blowup and I'd be stuck in memphis! :-O

Please keep us updated as far as schedule of events, times, costs, etc. Way looking forward to it! With the 40th Anniversary Reunion of TAMSCC in April and this in May, next year is looking pretty good!!

Thanks!

Costas
cars and such...

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Aug 13 2007, 03:49 AM
Post #10

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Costas,

Just bring me Scratcher and I'll let you drive my 3rd gen. That saves your autocross car and everybody wins.....(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Milkman
post Aug 13 2007, 03:56 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (trackbird @ Aug 12 2007, 10:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Milkman @ Aug 12 2007, 11:11 PM) *

Tow vehicle challenge? I'm afraid to ask, but I'm guessing it involves driving 1320 feet at a time?

Since I'm not the AX organizer I can't speak for a dual event Tow Vehicle Challenge, but I'll bet something can be arranged.....
-jeff

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Aug 13 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #12

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (Milkman @ Aug 12 2007, 11:56 PM) *
Since I'm not the AX organizer I can't speak for a dual event Tow Vehicle Challenge, but I'll bet something can be arranged.....
-jeff

Probably not safely.... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post
Milkman
post Aug 13 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (trackbird @ Aug 13 2007, 08:00 AM) *
QUOTE (Milkman @ Aug 12 2007, 11:56 PM) *
-jeff

Probably not safely.... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Safety is our #1 goal, just barely past "having fun". If we think that the tow vehicles might tip over, well, then we'll need to modify the course.
-jeff

+Quote Post
z28tt
post Aug 15 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #14

www.skulte.com

Member No.: 515

QUOTE (Milkman @ Aug 13 2007, 11:38 AM) *
Safety is our #1 goal, just barely past "having fun". If we think that the tow vehicles might tip over, well, then we'll need to modify the course.
-jeff

Jeff - Lets run them with trailers! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Safety is conveniently a lower priority during the apres-race festivities around midnight. I remember vaguely about cones, a downhill parking lot, tequila, bottle rockets, and a luggage cart 2 years ago... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

BTW - I'm on the hook as a co-roadrace organizer, and we're working on an optional time trials session as well, pending insurance, and Bock is one of the head event honchos. We're limiting the road race entry group to 60 total (or was it 75?) to keep the track from getting too crowded, and usually the second day is wide open due to attrition and folks sleeping in (slackers! Ref: tequila luggage cart races above). It's a great chance to work on car setup as well, since you'll have a ton of experienced f-body folks in one place. It's a hike from Connecticut (usually we caravan and catch up w/ the 15 or so MD/VA guys), and I'll miss the wife's birthday yet again (I caught hell for that one year I forgot to leave a card!), but the event is the highlight of my racing year (and a good motivator to get the car ready for the rest of the season).

FFRAX folks off the top of my head who've been before if anyone has questions:
Z28tt (Andris, i.e. me)
cccBock
Dan Burk (ws6TransAm)
BigEnos
Axoid
RichJ
Trackbird

+Quote Post
Shortcutsleeping
post Aug 15 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #15

Experienced Member

Well...

What class did the luggage cart run in?

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rotflmao.gif) (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rotflmao.gif)

Will the event times be staggered? In other words, if I want to AX and RR, will I be able to? No real interest in car shows or drag racing, but I'd like to do the other two.

Costas
cars and such...

+Quote Post
cccbock
post Aug 15 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,113

QUOTE (Shortcutsleeping @ Aug 15 2007, 10:54 AM) *
Well...

What class did the luggage cart run in?

(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rotflmao.gif) (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rotflmao.gif)

Will the event times be staggered? In other words, if I want to AX and RR, will I be able to? No real interest in car shows or drag racing, but I'd like to do the other two.

Costas
cars and such...

Yes. It is doable. The AX runs during the drag race session since the track cannot be used for both drag and RR at the same time (drag strip is the main straight).

We figure there arent too many people that will AX,RR, and Drag, but some do it believe it or not.

I have done this before...but bring an extra Red Bull...it is a wicked handful.

Luggage carts with original wheels run in Stock class. The ones with the big ass knobby tires run in Modified....

Bock

+Quote Post
Pony Exp.305
post Aug 15 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 998

I will sign-up that event. Depends on my job on trip.. Too far to say.
Last time I went there in 2005 in Memphis Motorsports. I had drive on my 600 hp Camaro and blast time.

This post has been edited by 27Cam02: Aug 15 2007, 11:08 PM

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Aug 15 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #18

FRRAX Owner/Admin

I was in Memphis in 2005. It's a bummer we didn't get to meet until this year.....

+Quote Post
pknowles
post Aug 16 2007, 02:12 AM
Post #19

Experienced Member

Member No.: 193

I really want to go in 2008, of course it depends on my job. I've never been to any of these events, but I here they are a ton of fun.

+Quote Post
Milkman
post Aug 16 2007, 02:35 AM
Post #20

Hey gang, attitudes like "We'll see what the job says" or "I guess I'll try to make it" are not what you should be saying. You're giving people who might really want to commit to the event excuses.

It should be, "hell yeah, this sounds like fun, I'll be there!" Excuses are things that happen at the last minute!

So, everyone be positive, and I'll see you in Memphis!
-jeff "practice your luggage cart autox"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:21 PM