IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

UMI PerformanceUnbalanced EngineeringSolo PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comHotpart.com

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free Adjustable Master Cylinder when you purchase
New Era Performa...
post Apr 29 2004, 07:33 PM
Post #1

Sponsor

Group: Members
Member No.: 290

Free Adjustable Master Cylinder when you purchase a RAM VDS System , a $160 value !!!

Pictures of these items can be seen on our website at www.neweraperformanceparts.com . This special is only good on the LS1 systems and will be ending May 7th next Friday .

Comes with a free adjustable Master Cylinder , limited time offer !!!!
In drag racing, the clutch acts as the traction control device for the car. The clutch system applies stored energy to the rear wheels during the launch. To obtain optimum clutch performance, you must have enough flywheel inertia to get the car moving and enough clutch clamping pressure to accelerate the vehicle without spinning the tires. To achieve consistency, the clutch pressure must remain constant over time, allowing the car to perform to maximum potential. The RAM VDS system is the only diaphragm clutch that allows you to set up and maintain the clutch pressure.

VDS clutch systems come from the factory with either steel or aluminum flywheels, and include the RAM 300 series organic disc. 300 series discs feature our eight spring hub with urethane encapsulated springs, and steel backed organic facings. The VDS system can be upgraded with either the 900 series sintered iron or 6000 series bronze metallic discs through your RAM dealer.

There are several key features of the RAM VDS clutch system. The clutch is set up with maximum clamp pressure from the factory. Stock and aftermarket pressure plates are set up so that the maximum plate load occurs after the clutch begins to wear. RAM VDS is designed so that the clutch pressure can be restored as the clutch disc wears; oem and other aftermarket units lose pressure as wear occurs. The VDS clutch pressure can also be reduced if the application dictates less pressure is necessary to control tire spin at launch. The VDS clutch system is designed to be user serviceable in the field. Both the pressure plate and the steel insert on aluminum flywheels are replaceable. Combining this with a new RAM clutch disc makes rebuilding your clutch a snap!

All RAM VDS clutches are SFI certified for competition in vehicles running 11.99 or quicker in the quarter mile. Because the VDS system is designed for racing use, it is sold without warranty. This kit comes in two versions , the street/strip version which will cupport 550hp and the strip version which will support 700 hp .

Thanks ,
Mike
www.neweraperformanceparts.com
sales@neweraperformanceparts.com
585-865-1832
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
00 Trans Ram
post Apr 30 2004, 02:36 AM
Post #2

Experienced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 303

Just wondering - you are aware that this is primarily a 'Road Race and Autocross" forum, right? Not many drag racers here. I sincerely hope that you get some business from us, but this might go better over at LS1.com (haven't checked there, maybe you already did).

+Quote Post
sgarnett
post Apr 30 2004, 02:49 AM
Post #3

Seeking round tuits

Member No.: 33

It's not as out of place as it sounds. Autocross launches are similiar to drag racing, and while I'm not required to have SFI-legal parts, I certainly don't object to safety standards for race parts.

+Quote Post
00 Trans Ram
post Apr 30 2004, 02:58 PM
Post #4

Experienced Member

Member No.: 303

Oh, I totally agree, Sean!! I just meant that we may not be as in need of a "perfect" clutch (as this one sounds to be) as a pure drag racer. Also, I know that a lot of us will do drag racing occasionally, so it may be good for them. I just meant that he may have a better response rate on a site with more dedicated drag racers.

Trust me, I'm all for having specials on every single race part (or stock part, for that matter!) available, even if it doesn't quite fit in with my plan. Sorry if I came off as discouraging it - I tried not to!

+Quote Post
New Era Performa...
post May 7 2004, 09:01 PM
Post #5

Sponsor

Group: Members
Member No.: 290

We ran this special everywhere we advertise , we just wanted to be sure and offer it here as well (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks,
Mike
www.neweraperformanceparts.com
sales@neweraperformanceparts.com
585-865-1832

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:54 PM