IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringUMI PerformanceSolo PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.com
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blaine Fab 4th gen front brake duct plenums, LS1, C5/C6, and now Wilwood, Stoptech, Baer
Blainefab
post May 23 2008, 09:19 AM
Post #41

I build race cars

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 874

QUOTE (Strong00 @ May 22 2008, 10:46 PM) *
Are these still available for 4th gen stock LS1 brake setup?

Yes they are, PM me to order, or call me at 831 427-3296 evenings or email me at ablaine (at) cruzio (dot) com

This post has been edited by Blainefab: May 23 2008, 09:19 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cccbock
post May 23 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,113

QUOTE (Blainefab @ May 23 2008, 05:19 AM) *
QUOTE (Strong00 @ May 22 2008, 10:46 PM) *
Are these still available for 4th gen stock LS1 brake setup?

Yes they are, PM me to order, or call me at 831 427-3296 evenings or email me at ablaine (at) cruzio (dot) com

Not to hijack, but I wanted to report a favorable outing with Alans plenums which I ran at the recent NFME at Memphis which has a couple of hard braking zones.

I completely rebuilt my C5 front & LT1 rear brakes to include Alan's plenums on the front and Carbotech pads and they performed flawlessly. I never had even a tinge of fade with ATE Super Blue fluid.

I just love stepping on the brakes and knowing they are all in.....

I had passengers for all of my runs and they all commented on the sure braking.

Now its back to work on the brake hop however......

Thanks Alan.

Bock

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post May 24 2008, 09:54 PM
Post #43

I build race cars

QUOTE (cccbock @ May 23 2008, 03:31 PM) *
I wanted to report a favorable outing with Alans plenums which I ran at the recent NFME at Memphis which has a couple of hard braking zones.

I completely rebuilt my C5 front & LT1 rear brakes to include Alan's plenums on the front and Carbotech pads and they performed flawlessly. I never had even a tinge of fade with ATE Super Blue fluid.

Bock

Thank you, Bock! Feedback is always welcome, especially the good kind!

Jason can fix you up on the axle tramp: info@UnbalancedEngineering.com

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Sep 12 2010, 09:41 AM
Post #44

I build race cars

I've added 3 new versions of the Blainefab duct plenums for popular aftermarket 4th gen front brake setups:

Wilwood 140-7190 6 piston SL6 with 12.9 x 1.25" 2pc rotors

Stoptech ST-40H 4 piston with 332 x 32mm rotors

Baer/Alcon with 13" x 1" rotors

Baer 6R with 14" rotors

All versions include new hub mounting bolts and other hardware, plus 2 stainless hose clamps for attaching your ducts.

All new versions are $295 + shipping + CA sales tax for deliveries in CA.

Duct hose and NACA ducts are also available.

Here's the Wilwood duct plenum:

(IMG:http://www.blainefabrication.com/projects/2010_08_31/IMG_3792.JPG)

This post has been edited by Blainefab: Jun 17 2015, 08:33 PM

+Quote Post
racerx
post Sep 15 2010, 06:51 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,989

QUOTE (Blainefab @ May 24 2008, 02:54 PM) *
QUOTE (cccbock @ May 23 2008, 03:31 PM) *
I wanted to report a favorable outing with Alans plenums which I ran at the recent NFME at Memphis which has a couple of hard braking zones.

Bock

Jason can fix you up on the axle tramp: info@UnbalancedEngineering.com

YES - Definitely call Jason... :-) His TQ arm will solve all your braking woes... and you'll even like the better handling and accel from it too :-)

+Quote Post
Metlegleo
post Sep 28 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 102

Anything available for ls1 Camaro with the Prospeed (Porsche caliper and rotor)kit?

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Sep 28 2010, 10:48 PM
Post #47

I build race cars

QUOTE (Metlegleo @ Sep 28 2010, 02:43 PM) *
Anything available for ls1 Camaro with the Prospeed (Porsche caliper and rotor)kit?

Yes, I've built several duct plenum setups for the ProSpeed brakes. I include upgraded 12mm hardware for the bracket attachment, ref: http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?sho...=10173&st=0

$295 complete with all mounting hardware and a pair of SS 3" duct hose clamps.

+Quote Post
FBody383
post Sep 29 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 1,394

QUOTE (Blainefab)
Finally put mine on for the last race of the year this weekend, especially since we're at Eagles Canyon.

Fantastic kit and I look forward to putting the car on it's nose. More good feedback on Monday.

+Quote Post
FBody383
post Oct 4 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 1,394

QUOTE (FBody383)
Fantastic kit and I look forward to putting the car on it's nose. More good feedback on Monday.
Rediculous.

I had some brake fade in the last race at the Hallett event in June and since I was going to flush and re-pad, I put the ducts on while it was apart.

Raced this weekend at Eagles Canyon and although several folks had some fade issues, I had absolutely none. Carbotech XP-10 in the front, stock in the rear and running fresh Castrol LMA. Pedal felt better through the weekend than I ever remember over the two years racing the car.

Simply fantastic; why did I wait so long to put them on?

Another satisfied customer.

+Quote Post
93FirehawkTA
post Oct 5 2010, 11:06 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 1,914

Hi Alan. I'm interested in your your 14" Baer setup. That should suit my custom 14" Brembo setup. Put me down for a set please with shipping to 30041.

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Oct 5 2010, 07:26 PM
Post #51

I build race cars

QUOTE (93FirehawkTA @ Oct 5 2010, 04:06 AM) *
Hi Alan. I'm interested in your your 14" Baer setup. That should suit my custom 14" Brembo setup. Put me down for a set please with shipping to 30041.

Ilario - Yes, I can make duct plenums for your Brembo brakes - I'll need 2 dimensions:
- The inside diameter of the inner rotor cheek
- The depth of the rotor, from the face of the inner cheek to the hub mounting face

PM sent on cost and payment

+Quote Post
93FirehawkTA
post Oct 9 2010, 10:56 PM
Post #52

QUOTE (Blainefab @ Oct 5 2010, 03:26 PM) *

Ilario - Yes, I can make duct plenums for your Brembo brakes - I'll need 2 dimensions:
- The depth of the rotor, from the face of the inner cheek to the hub mounting face

Thanks Alan. Pricing is fine. I'll try get those dimensions to you within the next five/six days or so.

+Quote Post
93FirehawkTA
post Oct 15 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #53

QUOTE (93FirehawkTA @ Oct 9 2010, 06:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Blainefab @ Oct 5 2010, 03:26 PM) *

Thanks Alan. Pricing is fine. I'll try get those dimensions to you within the next five/six days or so.

PM sent.

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post May 29 2014, 08:31 AM
Post #54

I build race cars

See updated pricing on the LS1 brake duct plenums, post #1 of this thread. They are the most labor intensive to construct, and I would rather discontinue them since most users now have moved on the C6 or Wilwood or Stoptech brakes. I will leave them on the available list for a while, but at a higher price that reflects the build labor. I hope that this will shake used sets off of garage shelves and back into the market.

None of the models of duct plenums will fit the latest Timken wide body hubs. I have tried to develop a reasonably efficent manufacturing process to accommodate those hubs, and it is not happening with the tooling I have at my disposal. I recommend SKF hubs.

+Quote Post
Pranav
post May 29 2014, 01:42 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 141,541

Alan, I know we talked about the SKF hubs a while back.

I've had some setbacks on the car so still inconclusive if there is any significant improvement over the Timkens, but at this point I can still recommend them as "equals" to the Timkens, especially considering you can get them with warranty at Oreilly under their masterpro line now.

+Quote Post
FASTFATBOY
post May 29 2014, 06:37 PM
Post #56

Experienced Member

Member No.: 1,410

QUOTE (Pranav @ May 29 2014, 01:42 PM) *

I've had some setbacks on the car so still inconclusive if there is any significant improvement over the Timkens, but at this point I can still recommend them as "equals" to the Timkens, especially considering you can get them with warranty at Oreilly under their masterpro line now.

Oreillys "Precision" brand has factory dimensions and is working well for me.

Different parts come in the box, so far a MOOG and a National. Both have done better than any Timken I have run.

+Quote Post
Pranav
post May 29 2014, 07:15 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 141,541

QUOTE (FASTFATBOY @ May 29 2014, 01:37 PM) *
QUOTE (Pranav @ May 29 2014, 01:42 PM) *

Oreillys "Precision" brand has factory dimensions and is working well for me.

Different parts come in the box, so far a MOOG and a National. Both have done better than any Timken I have run.

Yeah, but if you look closely they all come out of the same factory in Korea that SKF get's theirs from. Everything about those hubs from the pics you posted are identical to the SKF I checked out at NAPA (under their most premium offering).

The nice thing is the bodies are smooth, narrow, and machine. The Timkens look like someone melted up some British cars and poured them into a mold made of leftover cement or something lol.

I just want to get through Hallet with what I have, then probably convert to 3rd gen style hubs over the summer.

+Quote Post
JimMueller
post May 29 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #58

Experienced Member

Member No.: 206

I've replaced my hubs with Timkens the last few years, and replaced one just a few weeks ago. How can I distinguish widebody Timkens?

+Quote Post
Midnight02
post Jun 3 2014, 03:23 AM
Post #59

Group: Members
Member No.: 223,810

Likewise, I went with the Timken hub during my last swap and would love to know how to determine if I have the "widebody" version.

Guess I could order a set of the ducts and if they don't fit, then I know! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/banghead.gif)

+Quote Post
Blainefab
post Jun 3 2014, 04:10 AM
Post #60

I build race cars

QUOTE (Midnight02 @ Jun 2 2014, 08:23 PM) *
Likewise, I went with the Timken hub during my last swap and would love to know how to determine if I have the "widebody" version.

Guess I could order a set of the ducts and if they don't fit, then I know! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/banghead.gif)

All hub bodies used to be cylindrical in shape, then Timken came out with a slightly tapered, wider at the bolt flange, version. These would fit the duct plenums with a little trimming. Then they changed to a more wider at the bottom, more tapered shape body. These do not leave enough flat space to adequately anchor the duct plenums, and in use do not show any substantive improvement in service life over the earlier versions.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:34 AM