IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Blaine Fabrication.comUMI PerformanceSolo PerformanceHotpart.comUnbalanced Engineering
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Big Bend Open Road Race 2006 Report, Horrible
98_1LE
post Apr 25 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #21

Experienced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 55

Mike Borders, very generous offer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NataSS Inc
post Apr 25 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 73

Hey Mike nice of you to drop by.

I know mike personally and he is a hell of a stand up guy. Supercricket, tell your wife........um, well, just load the car up and go. You wont see an offer come by like this again. Mike made a similar offer to me a while ago. I would have been a fool to pass it up. He still owes me an entry and I do plan on using it unless the soon to be ex wifes attorneys force me to sell the race car.

Mike is a die hard ORR guy. When he says he loves the sport, thats an understatement. He busts his ass for this sport and trying to reach the masses with it. Not only that but he has one freaking fast machine. Check out the main page of www.openroadracing.com and click on the "racing to the speed trap" movie. Thats incar of his cup car at over 200mph.

Once again cricket, I implore you to try and make it to an MKM event, especially with the offer on the table from Mike.

+Quote Post
slow67
post Apr 25 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #23

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,064

QUOTE (NataSS Inc @ Apr 25 2006, 04:09 PM) *
Hey Mike nice of you to drop by.

I know mike personally and he is a hell of a stand up guy. Supercricket, tell your wife........um, well, just load the car up and go. You wont see an offer come by like this again. Mike made a similar offer to me a while ago. I would have been a fool to pass it up. He still owes me an entry and I do plan on using it unless the soon to be ex wifes attorneys force me to sell the race car.

Mike is a die hard ORR guy. When he says he loves the sport, thats an understatement. He busts his ass for this sport and trying to reach the masses with it. Not only that but he has one freaking fast machine. Check out the main page of www.openroadracing.com and click on the "racing to the speed trap" movie. Thats incar of his cup car at over 200mph.

Once again cricket, I implore you to try and make it to an MKM event, especially with the offer on the table from Mike.

Im not sure who posted about not being able to go, but that wasn't supercricket (hes not married). I am crick's navigator, and made the journey with him, but I think we will try and attend the bonneville 100. Our only problem at the moment, is that it would cost over $1000 each direction in fuel alone if we take the van.

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Apr 26 2006, 02:03 AM
Post #24

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (slow67 @ Apr 25 2006, 05:12 PM) *
I think we will try and attend the bonneville 100. Our only problem at the moment, is that it would cost over $1000 each direction in fuel alone if we take the van.

Think of it this way ...

$900 a month for 72 months for a new Duramax plus fuel or $2000 for fuel once a year?

Grow your hair really long, paint a peace sign on the side and pretend it's the 60s ....

+Quote Post
Cal
post Apr 26 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #25

Experienced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (NataSS Inc @ Apr 25 2006, 03:09 PM) *
unless the soon to be ex wifes attorneys force me to sell the race car.

Damn Boyce, too much of that going around lately. My wife just moved out on me. I'm sure divorce is just around the corner.

+Quote Post
AndyJ
post Apr 26 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 791

QUOTE (Cal @ Apr 26 2006, 11:32 AM) *
QUOTE (NataSS Inc @ Apr 25 2006, 03:09 PM) *

unless the soon to be ex wifes attorneys force me to sell the race car.

Damn Boyce, too much of that going around lately. My wife just moved out on me. I'm sure divorce is just around the corner.

Aw hell,

Let 'em go. The bitch free zone that comes after is nirvana.

+Quote Post
NataSS Inc
post Apr 26 2006, 05:37 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Not trying to get off topic here

Nirvana......I think not. Especially when she is going after everything I have and there are 2 very small children involved. In the past 2 months she has rung up 15K in credit card debt and is trying to stick me with the bill. She is also trying to force me into selling the race car. This all came out of nowhere. NO ONE saw it coming. I could go on forever about the crazy shit thats been going on and how the brand new home I just had built, I am being forced to sell and a bunch of other fun stuff but I wont.

This is why I havent been around much lately.

+Quote Post
Cal
post Apr 26 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #28

Experienced Member

QUOTE (NataSS Inc @ Apr 26 2006, 11:37 AM) *

Nirvana......I think not. Especially when she is going after everything I have and there are 2 very small children involved. In the past 2 months she has rung up 15K in credit card debt and is trying to stick me with the bill. She is also trying to force me into selling the race car. This all came out of nowhere. NO ONE saw it coming. I could go on forever about the crazy shit thats been going on and how the brand new home I just had built, I am being forced to sell and a bunch of other fun stuff but I wont.

[thread high-jack on]

I feel your pain, man. Mine isn't quite that bad, but came out of nowhere as well. If someone just wants to get out of a marriage for some random reason, fine, but why the hell do they have to take your stuff with them, and why do our laws support this?

Quote of the day: "To get a woman, you just take a man and remove all logic and accountability." (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/nutkick.gif)

[/thread high-jack off]

This post has been edited by Cal: Apr 26 2006, 08:11 PM

+Quote Post
nape
post Apr 26 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #29

Veteran Member

Member No.: 540

QUOTE (NataSS Inc @ Apr 26 2006, 12:37 PM) *

Sorry to hear that. Any chance it was a post-pardom [sp?] mindset change? A guy I work with is going through the big D right now and she went nuts after she had their son.

Anyway, sell the car to "someone you don't know" for $1 so she gets off your back, then tell her you'll be glad to split the money with her (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rotf.gif)

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Apr 27 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #30

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

This may be a new frrax record for going O/T..... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

That really sucks for both of you guys. It seems that anything that ends, ends badly. I hope you both get it worked out (at least better than it seems to be going so far).

+Quote Post
Cal
post Apr 27 2006, 02:40 AM
Post #31

Experienced Member

Thanks Kevin. I guess I shouldn't complain, could be a lot worse. All my wife is taking is half of my home equity and half of my heart. We didn't share any children. We have our own cars. She isn't even mad at me; says I'm a great husband - for somebody else maybe, just not her. Big problems is I don't share her faith.

+Quote Post
bsim
post Apr 27 2006, 03:28 AM
Post #32

Race Driver

Member No.: 205

Mebbe change the title to Big Bend Over?

+Quote Post
NataSS Inc
post Apr 27 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (nape @ Apr 26 2006, 04:06 PM) *
QUOTE (NataSS Inc @ Apr 26 2006, 12:37 PM) *

Sorry to hear that. Any chance it was a post-pardom [sp?] mindset change? A guy I work with is going through the big D right now and she went nuts after she had their son.

Anyway, sell the car to "someone you don't know" for $1 so she gets off your back, then tell her you'll be glad to split the money with her (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rotf.gif)

Well, she is finding out today that she has to have an IME (Independant medical evaluation). She took herself off of her meds that she was on for 4 1/2 years due to post partum from the first child. Thats when all this shit happened. Once she got off her meds she started doing some really off the wall shit. Stuff that she would have never normally said or done. She went from "I love being a mom and raising kids" to "I no longer want to be a home maker, I want to further my career in the fitness industry". Some of the stuff she has done has REALLY left me scratching my head. And of course she thinks she is fine. But after a 6 page declaration to a head shrinker, he says "WOAH! She needs to get checked out". He used alot of REALLY expensive college words in his report to the court. She gets notified of that today. So it will pretty much be armeggedon in the house (oh yeah, we still live in the same house an share the same bed........talk about a pressure cooker).

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Apr 27 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #34

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

Boyce.... Lock up the firearms and hide the ammunition. Just trust me on this one brother. Be careful.

+Quote Post
NataSS Inc
post Apr 27 2006, 04:31 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (trackbird @ Apr 27 2006, 09:27 AM) *
Boyce.... Lock up the firearms and hide the ammunition. Just trust me on this one brother. Be careful.

LOL, my attorney said I should find a friend that has a bullet proof vest once she finds out about the IME.

+Quote Post
Cal
post May 5 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #36

Experienced Member

QUOTE (bsim @ Apr 26 2006, 09:28 PM) *
Mebbe change the title to Big Bend Over?

I just settled with my wife today for a mere $31,000 (her half of the home equity.) I do feel somewhat "bent over" but hey, it could have been worse. Now to find a nice gear head woman to replace her with!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:40 PM