IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Unbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.comHotpart.comSolo PerformanceUMI Performance
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1000 year flood?
CrashTestDummy
post Sep 3 2017, 02:30 AM
Post #21

Veteran Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 385

Drywall and carpet is out of the dining room. Got the fans blowing on the walls now. Pulled all the wet stuff out of the garage. Got some more storage racks so we can get stuff off the floor. good opportunity to throw away stuff that we've said we'd get rid of someday. The garage smells a LOT better. Tomorrow, the drywall comes out of the office, and hopefully we get to roll all the cars out of the shop and dry things out there.

I requested a 20 yard dumpster on Tuesday, but still haven't heard when I will be delivered. The place w get them from is less than a mile from our home. Waiting......

This post has been edited by CrashTestDummy: Sep 3 2017, 02:31 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post Sep 5 2017, 07:48 PM
Post #22

Veteran Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 385

Nothing like a nice long holiday weekend to catch up on flood cleanup! I'm happy to be back at the day job so I can relax!!! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

The office building is still flooded, so the WFH continues, which is very welcome. It will probably be closed for at least the rest of the week. They're still releasing water from the dams upstream and nearby the office building, so the bayou that runs behind it could be overbank for at least another week. Late last week, as the waters receded, the speed sensor status on highways and toll roads in the Houston area were gray, indicating that there were no cars on the road to calculate speed off of. Today, all the roads were red, indicating that all the people on the roads were stopped. It seems you can get on many roads, but you just can't get off. Part of the route to my office building is still under 20-30 FEET of water.

They delivered the dumpster yesterday morning. They had no 20 yard units available, so we got a 30. I figured we'd be sending a mostly-empty 20 yard unit off to the dump when done. We're still not done cleaning stuff out, and the 30-yard dumpster is about 1/2 full!!

We got the garage cleaned out. It was kind of bad that our hand was forced on some badly-needed cleaning, but we're really kind of happy with the results. After pulling everything out of the garage, we ran to H-D and picked up some wire shelving and installed it. Now, everything but jack stands and floor jacks is off the floor.

We also cleaned some of the stuff out of the shop. It got a bit of water in it, which messed up anything in cardboard boxes on the floor, and the oil-proof 'blankets' we had put under some of the cars. It's pretty much dried out, but we've left the ceiling fans going just to be sure.

I still have some baseboards and maybe some drywall out of some of the back bedrooms, but the dining room and office are cut out and drying:

(IMG:https://media.fotki.com/2v2utKfLTxJDYiP.jpg)
Office and dining room common wall.

(IMG:https://media.fotki.com/2v2utKfGhxJDYiP.jpg)
Dining room wall.

We're getting there. And we're DAMNED luckier than so many here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:45 AM