IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Solo PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comHotpart.comUMI PerformanceUnbalanced Engineering

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Console Vault for a 2015 Silverado
trackbird
post Oct 2 2022, 05:20 PM
Post #1

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

I have a console vault from my 2015 Silverado 1500. It bolts into the storage area under the middle seating position in the front seat and provides a locking "vault" to store items you might want to make more difficult to steal. It didn't fit my new truck.

$200 OBO plus freight or pick up in central Ohio
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post Oct 3 2022, 02:43 PM
Post #2

Veteran Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 385

Kevin,

Have any more info on this? What brand, etc., as I'd like to see pictures? We have a new-to-us 2018 Tahoe PPV and are looking for gun safe options. Not sure I want to unbolt the seats to get to the center seat/console thingy, but it's a possibility. We have the nanovaults for our vehicles, currently, and are currently thinking of using the one that just loops a cable around the seat frame, but am open to options at the moment. thanks.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Oct 3 2022, 08:09 PM
Post #3

FRRAX Owner/Admin

https://www.consolevault.com/gun-vault.html

Select 2015 Sliverado 1500 and "without the hanging file center console". You want the one that seats 6. There is a "glove box" under the middle front seat. This fits in that compartment and bolts right through the interior plastic to lock in place. Yes, you could manage to rip it out of there. You will make noise and use hammers and pry bars, etc. We all know that locks keep honest people honest.

Or message me your number and I'll text you photos.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Oct 3 2022, 08:13 PM
Post #4

FRRAX Owner/Admin

It looks like you'll need a different model. But look these guys up, I've been very happy with them. I have one in my wife's car too. And I ordered a spare lock with this one so I can keep both cars keyed the same.

+Quote Post
CrashTestDummy
post Oct 5 2022, 01:18 PM
Post #5

Veteran Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 385

Yeah, looks like your model is 1061-KL, and our Tahoe will require 1050-KL, so no-go. We may go with the nanovault we already have. It works okay, although only fits one weapon. That's worked fine for us, since I'll usually put mine away while my bride carries hers in her purse. Thank you, though. GLWS!!

+Quote Post
trackbird
post May 26 2023, 12:24 AM
Post #6

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Anybody? These are excellent vaults (well made, good quality and excellent fit). I bought a new one for my new truck and rekeyed the one in my wifes car to match.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:25 AM