IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Solo PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comHotpart.comUnbalanced EngineeringUMI Performance
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NASA Nationals 2007!, FRRAX Suport Crew????
GlennCMC70
post Mar 9 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #1

Veteran Member

Group: Member
Member No.: 8

well is almost time to start the planning of Nationals 07 for me. a few of us Texas guys were already talking about the trip andsomeone mentioned having the F-body community help out if they could. last year Kevin Glaser saved my ass when on saturday durring qual i had an accesory bracket fail causing a loss of power stearing and no alt. i managed to finish qual and run the satuday race thanks to him getting a replacement bracket for me. w/out his help, i have no doubt my Nationals trip would have not been as sucessful.

point is, i think we should rally the f-body community to show up @ Nationals and have an f-body suport crew.

thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Mar 9 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #2

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

I'm still carrying scars from that weekend ...

+Quote Post
KeithO
post Mar 9 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #3

Veteran Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 14

I will be there but I might not be running. I'm willing to help anyone out and would accept help for anyone that might offer it... More f-body guys would be great in any capacity.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Mar 9 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #4

FRRAX Owner/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 196

QUOTE (Glenn98ZM6 @ Mar 9 2007, 09:31 AM) *
Last year Kevin Glaser saved my ass when on saturday durring qual i had an accesory bracket fail causing a loss of power stearing and no alt. i managed to finish qual and run the satuday race thanks to him getting a replacement bracket for me. w/out his help, i have no doubt my Nationals trip would have not been as sucessful.

Your butt seemed to do just fine with your driving, you didn't need me. Having power steering was nice, but you seemed to muscle that thing around just fine without it. Not that I mind helping out and I'll gladly come back.

QUOTE (mitchntx @ Mar 9 2007, 09:57 AM) *
I'm still carrying scars from that weekend ...

Now, Mitch's butt was nearly the cats meow....or something like that. Either way, Mitch's was in more danger than yours Glenn.

Of course I could introduce you to Midnight..... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Mitch, shall I plan on picking you up in Indiana again?

+Quote Post
GlennCMC70
post Mar 9 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #5

Veteran Member

Mitch will be driving Miss Daisy this year. he's in for the full week.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Mar 9 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #6

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (Glenn98ZM6 @ Mar 9 2007, 12:36 PM) *

Very nice. (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

+Quote Post
mitchntx
post Mar 9 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #7

Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Glenn98ZM6 @ Mar 9 2007, 11:36 AM) *

Keep it up and I'll be watching Miss Daisy walk ... (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
axoid
post Mar 9 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 70

I hope to be there driving in TTB.

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Mar 9 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #9

Veteran Member

Member No.: 1,144

QUOTE (Glenn98ZM6 @ Mar 9 2007, 09:31 AM) *
well is almost time to start the planning of Nationals 07 for me. a few of us Texas guys were already talking about the trip andsomeone mentioned having the F-body community help out if they could. last year Kevin Glaser saved my ass when on saturday durring qual i had an accesory bracket fail causing a loss of power stearing and no alt. i managed to finish qual and run the satuday race thanks to him getting a replacement bracket for me. w/out his help, i have no doubt my Nationals trip would have not been as sucessful.

point is, i think we should rally the f-body community to show up @ Nationals and have an f-body suport crew.

thoughts?

Team spirit I like it!

Mid OH is realatively close, so I might as well take advantage of that. I'm asking for the time off work to go to Nationals to be a spectator, if nothing else, just to see what it is about. I'm new to Nasa and racing in general. I plan to go to a few NASA HPDE's this year and possibly time trial.

I'll try and find the F-body guys so I can put some names with the faces, see what I can learn, and help out where I can.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Mar 9 2007, 08:21 PM
Post #10

FRRAX Owner/Admin

QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Mar 9 2007, 01:41 PM) *
I'll try and find the F-body guys so I can put some names with the faces, see what I can learn, and help out where I can.

We usually all pm and swap cell phone numbers before we leave for the track. Then we're all easy to find.

+Quote Post
JKnight
post Mar 9 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 141

My wife and I plan to be there. We're having the car shipped, so I'm not sure where we'll be or any of the logistics at this point. But she's easy to find, as there aren't a whole lot of chicks wearing driving suits.

Jason

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Mar 9 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #12

Veteran Member

Member No.: 1,144

QUOTE (trackbird @ Mar 9 2007, 03:21 PM) *
QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Mar 9 2007, 01:41 PM) *

We usually all pm and swap cell phone numbers before we leave for the track. Then we're all easy to find.

Excellent! Look forward to it!

+Quote Post
nape
post Mar 10 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #13

Veteran Member

Member No.: 540

I'll be there to crew for my MW region AI/CMC buddies but if nothings broken there I can always spin a wrench.

If I make the comp school at the first event, I might go drive (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/2thumbs.gif)

+Quote Post
GlennCMC70
post Mar 10 2007, 03:09 AM
Post #14

Veteran Member

this sounds great guys. i would also like to see if you guys could rally suport w/ your local F-body clubs too. i'll be hitting up the other f-body sites in the comming weeks but the best help is from those who know the sport. obviously we will get everyone we can in under the crew slots. i think this year will be big.

+Quote Post
SSTAT
post Mar 10 2007, 03:39 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 369

Mid-ohio is kinda my home track, I'm gonna try to be there, but too soon for me to tell...

+Quote Post
z28racergirl
post Mar 14 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 140

As Jason already said, we're planning on being there. Heck, I've already got a hotel room. I know camping there is better but I just don't see how we can do it as we're planning on flying in and shipping the car. I often camp at Buttonwillow and it really IS great to be at the track all weekend.

Last year I kicked myself for months for not going. Not going to miss it again. If anything happens, I can't imagine not at least being there in person, minus car or what.

Christine

+Quote Post
GlennCMC70
post Mar 14 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #17

Veteran Member

last year i slept at the track from the day we arrived on Monday till the following Sunday. Sunday night my primary sponsor (Moonlite Printing and Graphics - thanks Kevin!) got me a room @ a B&B. that was nice.

i know this is early for planning this type of stuff, but its better than waiting around tillthe last minute.

+Quote Post
trackbird
post Mar 14 2007, 02:24 AM
Post #18

FRRAX Owner/Admin

I've got a 4 person tent (if legal). It's sleeping accomodations.(IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
GlennCMC70
post May 16 2007, 03:53 AM
Post #19

Veteran Member

bouncing this back up. the TX guys are already making plans.
anyone from here comming to watch?

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post May 16 2007, 05:04 AM
Post #20

CMCer

Member No.: 194

Chris and I will be sharing a garage. As Jason says, we will not be hard to find! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Bro-in-law pit crew will be there to support CMC #37. He wants to drive out with the car the crazy nut - I'll fly out and drive back with him. If all goes as planned I'll be attending the school Monday-Tues.

I look forward to meeting many of you I have not already met in person!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:52 PM